M.O.M: the Mean Old Men (WoTB Chapter)

• Please log in to reply
1217 replies to this topic

alex1956 #1061 Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25907 battles
  • [MOM5]

Wig... lets hire some new graduates in programming and create a mom world of tank game and clean up on a better version of this f'd up game? I can help with the interview process! 

Edited by cptkirkam56, 22 May 2015 - 02:03 AM.

Everyone has something that they can contribute, even some idiots.

It is hard to have the strength of character to do the right thing in all situations. 

Defending the weak even if you risk getting hurt is about the most noble thing one can do.

It is rare to find people today that live by those three thoughts!

_XxTIGERxX_ #1062 Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7248 battles
I'm very close to saying f this game. Was in a game earlier that lasted about 30 seconds. I might start playing battle supremacy again. Its a lot cheaper.
]

MistahWig_HeDead #1063 Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]

I'm struck by how universal the complaints seem to be. Something happened a month, maybe not quite two ago, that flipped the script on this game. 

I've said it before, I don't make any claim of being particularly deadly at WoTB but to go from barely holding my own to putting up respectable numbers per battle...from stultified stats to a marked improvement...from a Destruction rate of .50 to 1.52 and never a backslide in Destruction, Damage, Average Kills, Hit Rate...and yet to have to endure sessions like the one I just finished at 3-1-14?  How does playing better equate to losing more?  

And still, with all that, I could see it. Different tanks, different tiers, it could happen. But no, this is not that. We aren't talking about playing 40% better against 50% better teams or in 50% more difficult battles.  We're talking about someone flipping a switch and the game going from a reasonable winnable/losable balance to nothing-I-do-makes-any-difference broken.  

So, the question: what did Wargaming do in their ongoing efforts to pry more cash from our collective pocket that either intentionally or unintentionally made the already imperfect app impossible?  Matchmaking was silly, now it's absurd.  Where there were no generic "bot" type players there are now at least a couple (e.g. Player_7325314289) in each battle.  Are they, in fact, AI designed to slant matchmaking results? With tens of millions of downloads is it still necessary to pad battles with faux players?  The timing is more than a little suspicious. At right around the moment the whole thing went sideways these "Player" players appeared.  Coincidence? AmeriKKKa, you decide. 

Wargaming is constantly fiddling with aspects of the app. It's what game developers do. They are not like real people.  It's an impressive product they seem hellbent on ruining. Big time update 1.9 came out, everything went haywire...and in the aftermath the simplest thing the update was promised to achieve, correcting the Garage Chat function they'd broken in a previous update, remains thoroughly jacked.  So jacked, in fact, that it discourages me from firing up the app.  Chatting between battles was pleasant, now it's positively infuriating. 

Apologists on this forum who defend WG between swigs of Flavor Aid (yes, it was Flavor Aid, not Kool-Aid, in Jonestown. If Jim Jones were alive today...he'd be pissed about WoTB going to hell. Or he might be a game dev himself.) can spare me the boilerplate response.  I might be imagining all this. I and a friend might be feeding each other's delusions.  But I and dozens of friends and unsolicited strangers all saying exactly the same things?  Something is up.  It remains only to see whether WG cares enough to address it...or whether it's the desired result of calculated measures on their part.  

Meanwhile...fix the f*cking chat, would ya?  Lazy bastrds.   

WigipediA

MistahWig_HeDead #1064 Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]

And another thing...

Who the f*ck are these no-life cases who already have the Tier X tank in the line that was only just introduced two days ago?!?!  I mean, seriously, people, c'mon.  You either spend WAY too much time on this nonsense or WAY too much money!  

I got into it with one early tonight. He was typically counseling every other alive player on our team from beyond the pale.  It's the dead [edited]you always want to listen to for advice on how to play.  Anyway, this tool was all busy explaining the importance of teamwork.  Like that's a concept you're going to sell to Tier IX players who haven't already gotten the memo, or like it's necessary to remind players who grasp the obviousness of it but happened not to get a good roll of the dice on this occasion. 

More and more I'm finding that the people who play this game at what's erroneously regarded as "superior" levels, (this f*ckwit tonight actually had the stones to post-battle chat at me that he's "clearly superior" to me because his battle count is double mine and his stats are better at blowing up little cartoon tanks from his little cartoon tank!) like the people who play any game at a "superior" level, are by and large otherwise challenged. Kid/tween/teens with no grounded sense of self-worth imbuing a foolish distraction with importance it doesn't have, "adults" looking to anesthetize their disappointment in life by pretending they're actually fighting someone over something with something actual at stake...it's a sad, sorry, backsliding world we're fostering with this childish filler material where books and music and bringing forth life from the very earth itself with only one's hands and instincts and a few seeds used to be.  Or, y'know, whatever people did pre-DOOM. 

When Jonesizzle and I and friends begin our live streaming and recorded game-play content rest assured, M.O.Ms, there will be zero seriousness or self-elevation over it but maximum comedy.  If you aren't laughing at yourself for playing this, chief, you're missing the joke that is you.  

WigipediA

BRUENHILLDE #1065 Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15225 battles
  • [US1]
One thing I would like to know is how WG determines who gets a big gold permenant record popular star on the first page of their thread. For instance the "community pledge" thread has a big gold star. But yet your first page does not Wig. And you have four times as many views and posts as that thread in half the time.

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

MistahWig_HeDead #1066 Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]
My guess, Gunny, is you pucker up for WG to comfortably back into, or no big gold star. I didn't know there were such big gold stars available. I'm missing out on all the perks that come with big gold starriness. Who wouldn't want a big gold starry certification of superiority? I WANT MY BIG GOLD STAR DAMMIT. 

WigipediA

_Cricket_ #1067 Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Guess which other game has gold stars now

jonesizzle24 #1068 Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2867 battles

£et me guess. Davy got one for "best rim job"? 

Oops, that was Mac, not me. I swear!

BRUENHILLDE #1069 Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:54 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15225 battles
  • [US1]

I vote we riot until Wig gets a gold star on his thread. It's a 3 day weekend. We can live it up.

NO GOLD STAR NO PEACE!!!

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

coyoteCO #1070 Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11141 battles

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 22 May 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

I vote we riot until Wig gets a gold star on his thread. It's a 3 day weekend. We can live it up.

NO GOLD STAR NO PEACE!!!

I'll second that Marine. Wigs da man.  

Also, cannot platoon wit fellow MOMs until they fix this friggen friend and "lost server connection" issue.  It won't even let you re-friend or chat wit anybody.   What's a MOM to do?   

jonesizzle24 #1071 Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2867 battles
Actually, Rick is a MoMosekshually Santasizing power-hungry elitist. If you had gotten to see all the private emails that were illegaly gained, you'd know the truth.

VoightKampff #1072 Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15952 battles
  • [SCAW]
Cheezburger

Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about...your mother.

BRUENHILLDE #1073 Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15225 battles
  • [US1]

View Postjonesizzle24, on 23 May 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Actually, Rick is a MoMosekshually Santasizing power-hungry elitist. If you had gotten to see all the private emails that were illegaly gained, you'd know the truth.

You don't say. I can see that to be true Jones. 

jonesizzle24 #1074 Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2867 battles

Fellas, I have some very important rules when it comes to the games I play. The first one is the most important, however.

Rule one: The game must be fun.

This game is NOT fun right now. The fact that Wargaming somehow has the audacity to think that shoving my IS into a match with 5 tier IX tanks is disgusting. The matchmaking algorithm is severely flawed. They say that this is a much discussed topic.  Guess what? I don't care. It's ridiculous, anybody with an ounce of sense can see it.

I'm in Tier VII right now, and I'm getting brutally outmatched at every turn. I invite some self-righteous, overly-defensive developer to look at my battle history. It speaks for itself.

Luckily, there's a little fella inside my head, by the name of Mac. He's significantly less gracious than myself. If you ever get tired of feeling like you're in a prison shower while playing this game, feel free to spectate the antics to come.

Sorry, Wargaming, when the game doesn't entertain the players, it's up to the players to entertain themselves. Popcorn, anyone?

TEXAS_LAWMAN #1075 Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
The irony of the déjà vu going on here is almost sufficient entertainment. Isaac, I grew up on pong. All of these mobile app games blow my mind.  You need low standards like me!:justwait:

MistahWig_HeDead #1076 Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]

The déjà vu is only ironic if you contend that greed and incompetence are interchangeable.  Wargaming turns out a remarkably detailed, high quality product that practically requires a post-grad degree to master.  Then they look for new and ever more insidious ways to separate their loyal customer base from its cash.  In Dogfight, echoboom turns out a steaming pile of a game that gets riper with age but no closer to anything you could call "better than a precocious eight year old with a copy of Game Design for Dummies could create in a single afternoon."  I am not exaggerating, ask anyone with a modicum of game design experience.  One is a phenomenal development team with a greedy streak as wide as a tank. The other is a sad-sack with barely remedial design skills and a staff that consists of his shihtsu.  

I get déjà vu when I have to pay the obscene gouge for an oil change on my Lotus Evora.  It's eerily the same as when the transmission used to fall outta my '75 Pinto every time I hit a pothole.  Spooky, that déjà vu.  

(In this analogy WoTB = Lotus, Wargaming = greedy bastrd mechanic. Dogfight = Shihtsu)

WigipediA

TEXAS_LAWMAN #1077 Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
That was awesome. If I ever make it to the big Apple, can I drive your Lotus?? I got insurance. Tanks does look a lot better than planes, but Mac nailed it. If it ain't fun it's stress not stress relief.  Most things I demand excellence of myself. I am content to suck at video games as long as they are fun.  The thing the tanks does not seem to have that planes had in spades is community, however dysfunctional it was.  I love interacting with MOM, but I also liked the other squad pages too. 

Androyce #1078 Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10107 battles

View PostBRUENHILLDE, on 22 May 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

One thing I would like to know is how WG determines who gets a big gold permenant record popular star on the first page of their thread. For instance the "community pledge" thread has a big gold star. But yet your first page does not Wig. And you have four times as many views and posts as that thread in half the time.

It's based on rep. A balance of 50 positive on a post will cause the star to appear I believe.

MistahWig_HeDead #1079 Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]
And why, I axe you, has my rep not blown through the 50 mark by now?  I mean, c'mon...Marilyn on a signature banner?  What more do you people need fercrissakes?!

WigipediA

MistahWig_HeDead #1080 Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]
Oh, wait...Anders means 50 or more thumbs up on a thread, not on a person with a superior signature banner.  As you were. 

WigipediA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users