M.O.M: the Mean Old Men (WoTB Chapter)

• Please log in to reply
1217 replies to this topic

flyingmuck #61 Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7867 battles

View PostPyro_738, on 27 December 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Oh your so "DREAMY" I was not quite as scared as you were, because as I slipped. I knew I was safe and in good hands. You may not have known this but, when I was just begining to rotate into "this is how I pour it out" I saw how you leaned in for a "lil peak up the skirt". So I felt safe know you were right there to catch me! 

:facepalm:

MistahWig_HeDead #62 Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostAStateOfTrance, on 27 December 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

TS3 is like Skype on steroids. It's voicechat, most of the major clans (TSTM Division, Krieg/ATT, Imperium, BIA) use it. Very helpful for ingame communication, highly reccomended by the other clan leaders. You are more then welcome to swing by my server if you want, just PM me and I will give you the server info. As a note, I may or may not be on depending on the time of day.

Very kind of you, Mr. Trance.  I have the TS3 client installed.  I'll PM you as soon as I figure out how!  (Keep in mind, we M.O.Ms are coming from another game forum with most of this sort of thing utterly bassackwardsed.)

Is your "Trance" reference to do with a music predilection?  Or a meditative inclination?  Or neither of the above or both or shutupwigyounoseyparkernoneofyourbleedinbusinessbub.  

WigipediA

MistahWig_HeDead #63 Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostAStateOfTrance, on 27 December 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

TS3 is like Skype on steroids. It's voicechat, most of the major clans (TSTM Division, Krieg/ATT, Imperium, BIA) use it. Very helpful for ingame communication, highly reccomended by the other clan leaders. You are more then welcome to swing by my server if you want, just PM me and I will give you the server info. As a note, I may or may not be on depending on the time of day.

Ah ha, I'm being PM blocked, clearly a security thing to prevent people from registering and immediately trollsterizing unsuspecting messagees.  Gotta wait 30 days before I can begin badgering the bejeebuses outta folks.  

WigipediA

DisordeR_ #64 Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31162 battles
  • [-BA-]

View PostOedius, on 27 December 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Would appreciate any input / suggestions concerning the Lowe premium tank. I have searched through general forum and found mixed reviews. Most important to me is it be a good credit and EXP earner, as well as crew trainer. Most people say best used as sniper. 

First, welcome MOMs! Oedipus, I have never driven the Lowe but the consensus seems to be that it is not great. IMO, for a premium tank for credit and xp earners go with the T34, IS6 or Panther/M10.

hans_one #65 Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

Private

• Players
  • 32106 battles
  • [MOM]
Hans checking in, fellow old farts.

Bellsaj #66 Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [MOM]

Ehum... can someone explain this premium tank thingy?

When a tank is fully equipped it gets "wings", and I can buy tanks with golden "wings".

Do they have the same "function" or is there some other advantage in buying a golden one?

Sorry to ask but I'm still trying to figure out what end the bullet gets out, and how not to appear drunk when I try to move the tank.

"Slutstation" doesn't mean what you think. But shame on you for thinking it. 

She's a nice, wholesome Swedish girl.  The kind you'd bring home to meet your M.O.M.

DisordeR_ #67 Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31162 battles
  • [-BA-]

View PostBellsaj, on 28 December 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

When a tank is fully equipped it gets "wings", and I can buy tanks with golden "wings".

Do they have the same "function" or is there some other advantage in buying a golden one?

Sorry to ask but I'm still trying to figure out what end the bullet gets out, and how not to appear drunk when I try to move the tank.

Hey Bellsaj. Typically, premium tanks are only available for purchase, i.e. you cannot grind to one. You do not have to grind the modules on them and they will all give you premium earning for credits and XP (I believe 1.5x normal earnings which is what premium time users get). Some also have premium matchmaking, which means they normally will only see +1 tier above them in matches instead of +2 tiers (assuming you are not platooned with a same tier or above tank). 

thunderthies #68 Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14876 battles
Haven't checked the clan section in a while but I'm certainly glad I did. I read the entire OP and actually lol'd, which may or may not be in direct or indirect violation of one of your ordinances...

Good luck and happy tanking and of course, welcome to the forums. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels

Androyce #69 Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10107 battles

View PostBellsaj, on 28 December 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

The "wings" or laurels tell you the tank is elite, meaning it doesn't have anything left to research. This means you can convert XP earned on it to free XP using gold. Premium tanks are elite by default. All tanks have a credit earning coefficient. Credits earned in battle depend on a number of factors like damage dealt and damage caused with your assistance. At the end of the battle all of the credits you earned are multiplied by a tank specific coefficient that is different for every tank, and then things like ammunition resupply and tank repair are deducted from your earnings. For premium tanks this coefficient is much higher than for non-premium tanks. Generally, a premium tank will earn many more credits than a standard tank of the same tier, and even on losses, where especially at high tiers, standard tanks can lose a lot of credits in a battle, premiums will still generally earn something. In the PC version of WOT, premium tanks have several other benefits but so far they have not been implemented in Blitz.

Curtisshoe #70 Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 595 battles
article-0-14FA374C000005DC-973_634x467.jpegHello MOMrades! Love the new digs! 

Bellsaj #71 Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [MOM]

Thanks for the clarification. English isn't my native language  (neither spoken language) so it makes me very happy when someone explains something in a way that I understand.

Thanks again, you made this old fart a happy fart. 

She's a nice, wholesome Swedish girl.  The kind you'd bring home to meet your M.O.M.

mmohaupt #72 Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:11 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11857 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postnaktl, on 27 December 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

This serves the amazingly efficient dual function of completely eliminating any tactical advantage gained from using Team Speak as well as destroying one another's stats on a regular basis.  

One night of Gladiator is a week and a half worth of WR. That's not to say it's not fun, it's freaking hilarious and awesome. But make sure you pad your stats a bit in seal land before or after. LoL!

I hope to see you guys in game soon. Do you have a roster posted so I can get aquainted with ya'lls IGN's?

~M

MistahWig_HeDead #73 Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40946 battles
  • [MOM]

View Postmmohaupt, on 29 December 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:

One night of Gladiator is a week and a half worth of WR. That's not to say it's not fun, it's freaking hilarious and awesome. But make sure you pad your stats a bit in seal land before or after. LoL!

I hope to see you guys in game soon. Do you have a roster posted so I can get aquainted with ya'lls IGN's?

~M

The roster of MOModrome residents is near the top of the OP, Herr Haupt.  We have a couple hundred members in the original other-game clan ("squadron" by its terminology, ours has been the dominant clan for a couple years) but the migration from there to here will likely be a trickle over time.  Given the deteriorating state of that game, however, a mass exodus wouldn't shock the socks offa me.  

Thanks for the thumbs up on the OP, by the way!  And by all means please frequent the new thread and look for any/all of us in-game.  We're a charming bunch.  Well, all but one of us.  (Now we sit back and watch as the M.O.Ms duke it out for the privilege of being the "one".)  

WigipediA

Pyro_738 #74 Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 522 battles

image.jpgflyingmuck, on 23 December 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

And can I have my old room, it has that musty lived in feeling.

aka.YEMX aka. Brian aka. "Where's my Crazy?" aka. Don't call me late for dinner!

Pyro_738 #75 Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 522 battles

image.jpgTrying to work this forum is like trying to drive in a straight line.

aka.YEMX aka. Brian aka. "Where's my Crazy?" aka. Don't call me late for dinner!

Pyro_738 #76 Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 522 battles
image.jpg

hans_one #77 Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

Private

• Players
  • 32106 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostWignatzRatzkyWatzky, on 29 December 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

We're a charming bunch.  Well, all but one of us.  (Now we sit back and watch as the M.O.Ms duke it out for the privilege of being the "one".)  

Excuse me, did someone say the " one"? :D

AStateOfTrance #78 Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8968 battles
  • [SVTSC]

View PostWignatzRatzkyWatzky, on 27 December 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

Very kind of you, Mr. Trance.  I have the TS3 client installed.  I'll PM you as soon as I figure out how!  (Keep in mind, we M.O.Ms are coming from another game forum with most of this sort of thing utterly bassackwardsed.)

Is your "Trance" reference to do with a music predilection?  Or a meditative inclination?  Or neither of the above or both or shutupwigyounoseyparkernoneofyourbleedinbusinessbub.  

A State of Trance is a radioshow run by music artist Armin Van Buuren. Trance is one of my favorite genres of music, and one I plan to start producing once I can procure the necessary equipment.

Let me try PMing you tomorrow, it might let you view incoming messages.

• Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Tommy Johnson, Daniel Kandi, Omnia, Cosmic Gate, John O' Callaghan, Shogun, Super8/TAB, Sean Tyas, Beat Service
  • I live the songwriter's life
  • RIP BORIS NEMTSOV (1959-2015)

Bellsaj #79 Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18725 battles
  • [MOM]

Is it possible to get the map thingy here?

I know we ain't that many who have found our way overe here yet but the W.W.M.O.M map is way to cool in my opinion to be wasted.

flyingmuck #80 Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7867 battles

"The One" !!!! Recognition at last and about bleedin time!!!!!:D

amd yeah, the map....get Marty!!!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users