Jump to content


Reasons why cheer isnt a sport


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Lol (8 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

is Baseball entertaining

  1. Yes (4 votes [50.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

  2. Yes but in red (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. No (4 votes [50.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

AsianSensati0n #1 Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12784 battles
  • 570
  • [H2TED]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015

one of my girl - friends that says its a sport: " i play cheer" 

 

wut

give me more reasons 

it's more entertaining than baseball though


Edited by AsianSensation21, 05 July 2018 - 10:38 PM.

Falcons blew a 17 point lead vs Jay Cutler

cheesehead247365 #2 Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7672 battles
  • 484
  • [TYCHE]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2015
first you can't win in an E75, and now this?

AsianSensati0n #3 Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:51 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12784 battles
  • 570
  • [H2TED]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015

View Postcheesehead247365, on 05 July 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

first you can't win in an E75, and now this?

 

What are you talking about? This is just a fun post and E75 was a serious I need help post. So...
Falcons blew a 17 point lead vs Jay Cutler

I_Maverick_I #4 Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

    Ribble4Prez2020

  • Players
  • 16400 battles
  • 1,177
  • [FLOOP]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

LOL ^

 

A sport is something you practice and can be entertained by watching/playing in. To some people in this community, this game is a sport. Because they spend hours per day practicing in training rooms against tournament teams to represent us at offline. If you had any idea of how many hours PRAMO's Seattle practiced against our clan's teams, you'd see how this could be a sport to them.

 

Does your friend practice cheerleading? I'm going to assume so. Thus, cheer is a sport. It may not be to you because you can have your opinion, but I will tell you your opinion is wrong. 



cheesehead247365 #5 Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7672 battles
  • 484
  • [TYCHE]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2015
is cornhole a sport because it is on ESPN now?

AsianSensati0n #6 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12784 battles
  • 570
  • [H2TED]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 05 July 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

LOL ^

 

A sport is something you practice and can be entertained by watching/playing in. To some people in this community, this game is a sport. Because they spend hours per day practicing in training rooms against tournament teams to represent us at offline. If you had any idea of how many hours PRAMO's Seattle practiced against our clan's teams, you'd see how this could be a sport to them.

 

Does your friend practice cheerleading? I'm going to assume so. Thus, cheer is a sport. It may not be to you because you can have your opinion, but I will tell you your opinion is wrong. 

A sport has always been something physical and tiring. Not sitting all day on a chair playing video games. Thats in a different category. I'm talking about school/college "sports" You tell me my "opinion" is wrong lol. No one mention gaming.


Falcons blew a 17 point lead vs Jay Cutler

BorisBaddenov #7 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:32 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 20997 battles
  • 6,479
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostAsianSensation21, on 05 July 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

one of my white girl friends that says its a sport: " i play cheer" 

 

wut

give me more reasons 

it's more entertaining than baseball though

 

I want to know why you had to use the adjective "white" - it has zero relevance - unless you are racist.

 

 

Boris.


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


AsianSensati0n #8 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:24 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12784 battles
  • 570
  • [H2TED]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 05 July 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

 

I want to know why you had to use the adjective "white" - it has zero relevance - unless you are racist.

 

 

Boris.

 

What? The majority of cheerleaders at my school are white. Don't  take it the racist way unless you are a racist.
Falcons blew a 17 point lead vs Jay Cutler

Thatguyujustmet #9 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:32 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10467 battles
  • 933
  • [XWING]
  • Member since:
    06-14-2016

You can cheer for sport or just casually.  It depends on how she participates in cheerleading.

 

Sports involve physical activity... that’s a point often put up for debate.  It shouldn’t be.  In the historical and current definition of the word sport, physical exertion is included.

 

Playing something competitively doesn’t make it a sport.

 

Here’s an interesting & short read: https://www.topendsports.com/sport/what-is-a-sport.htm


Edited by Thatguyujustmet, 05 July 2018 - 10:34 PM.


AsianSensati0n #10 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:37 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12784 battles
  • 570
  • [H2TED]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015

View PostAsianSensation21, on 05 July 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

What? The majority of cheerleaders at my school are white. Don't  take it the racist way unless you are a racist.

 

I changed it for you ;.)
Falcons blew a 17 point lead vs Jay Cutler

AsianSensati0n #11 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:38 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12784 battles
  • 570
  • [H2TED]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015

View PostThatguyujustmet, on 05 July 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

You can cheer for sport or just casually.  It depends on how she participates in cheerleading.

 

Sports involve physical activity... that’s a point often put up for debate.  It shouldn’t be.  In the historical and current definition of the word sport, physical exertion is included.

 

Playing something competitively doesn’t make it a sport.

 

Here’s an interesting & short read: https://www.topendsports.com/sport/what-is-a-sport.htm

 

Girls argue if cheer is a sport almost as much as they argue that he school dress code is sëxist 
Falcons blew a 17 point lead vs Jay Cutler

BorisBaddenov #12 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:25 AM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 20997 battles
  • 6,479
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostAsianSensation21, on 05 July 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

 

What? The majority of cheerleaders at my school are white. Don't  take it the racist way unless you are a racist.

 

If the majority are “white”, then your use of the adjective is even more racist.

 

You did not answer my question, why did you use the adjective “white”, it is not relevant.

 


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


V1n2002 #13 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:44 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5070 battles
  • 1,704
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015
I like to play wrestle 

 

[COD-R] 54.60% 1100+ AVG DMG. :justwait:
 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users