Jump to content


Nerf the t49

T49 nerf op overpowered alpha damage

  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Kaos_Dynamo #1 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17451 battles
  • 525
  • [7CAV]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2015

It’s high time for a t49 nerf.

 

two reasons:

1) the alpha damage is op for the speed of the vehicle. This means less exposure to damage when firing. The amount of damage is just overkill (so to speak).

 

2) with these characteristics, the gap between an ok player and a really excellent one is huge. This means the tank is inherently too far unbalanced amongst players. The tank can never be balanced with these characteristics.

 

I would like to see the speed nerfed. This seems realistic considering the sized of the turret and gun. It’s almost as fast as the type 62 which has a no caliber gun ;)

 

WG didn’t give a full rotation turret to the wz because they were afraid it’d be op. um...

 

I understand the need to correct for Russian bias, but it needn’t be done all in a single tank.


Edited by Kaos_Dynamo, 05 July 2018 - 09:50 PM.


SpartacusDiablo #2 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

    Highly Illogical

  • Players
  • 17083 battles
  • 7,206
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

Are you serious?

 

  • It is a one trick pony that was already substantially nerfed.  
  • It has less alpha dmg then a same caliber gun TWO TIERS LOWER.
  • The reload is glacial.
  • The aim circle is the size of a small moon.
  • The aim time is like watching paint dry.
  • The accuracy is like Stevie Wonder throwing snowballs.

 

The tank does not need a Nerf.


Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 05 July 2018 - 09:53 PM.

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]


Ookla_the_Mok #3 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:50 PM

    Team Brisket

  • Players
  • 27556 battles
  • 5,320
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014
It is not a big threat as currently built. Sure, big derps can happen to you, but overall the 49 simply is not OP even in a great player's thumbs. Note, I don't have the tank.

[BRSKT] wants to put moist, succulent meat in your mouth.

 


Kaos_Dynamo #4 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17451 battles
  • 525
  • [7CAV]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2015

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 05 July 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Are you serious?

 

Absolutely.

 

are u being a troll?


Edited by Kaos_Dynamo, 05 July 2018 - 09:51 PM.


boppinbobby #5 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 45402 battles
  • 1,409
  • [HJG2]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 05 July 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Are you serious?

 

Of course he is, look at his stats.

 

 


Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.



LtBandanov #6 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:52 PM

    Resident Anime Nub

  • Players
  • 17952 battles
  • 766
  • [ANEKI]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013

Were you here when it was first introduced, good sir? You would have hated it then.

 

No, the 49 is good where it sits. It's very strong points are offset by some major flaws. Namely, the fact anything it faces can penetrate it with HE.


"Hit the target when you fire, let your defences be of iron, and advance in perfect order... That is the way of Nishizumi Style." - Shiho Nishizumi.

#65 on Server in the BT-7A


boppinbobby #7 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:54 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 45402 battles
  • 1,409
  • [HJG2]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014
OP if you can't lead a shot and hit it as it goes past...

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.



iRaikkonen #8 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27059 battles
  • 483
  • [SCAMO]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014

They already did nerf it...

 

If you’ve ever played it you’d know that it’s heat rounds are awful. It can’t pen an is tank from anywhere except MAYBE the back. Most of the time T49s have to settle for 200-300 damage he splash with a 16 second reload which is very hard to cope with. Any other light or medium tank can yolo you and they will kill you unless you red rack or he pen them. 

 

The average damage dealt on the whole of NA for tier 8 light tanks is within 75 damage of that max and min. It is plenty balanced. I can send you the stats if you need to see them


 


cheesehead247365 #9 Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:59 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8640 battles
  • 643
  • [TYCHE]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2015
Spartacus, you should be a trial lawyer.

tankeatingtiger #10 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:05 PM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 14984 battles
  • 1,673
  • [_VB_]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 05 July 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Are you serious?

 

  • It is a one trick pony that was already substantially nerfed.  
  • It has less alpha dmg then a same caliber gun TWO TIERS LOWER.
  • The reload is glacial.
  • The aim circle is the size of a small moon.
  • The aim time is like watching paint dry.
  • The accuracy is like Stevie Wonder throwing snowballs.

 

The tank does not need a Nerf.

‘Tis true 


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch


Wombeer #11 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24250 battles
  • 1,523
  • [DRSI4]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015
The T49 was OP when introduced over a year ago. Then, they beat the crap out of it with the nerf bat. It is a sad, pathetic version of its former self. At least it got a buff for its 90mm in the last patch I guess?

Tech Tree: 100% researched

 Current Goals: Tier 2-6 Ace and regrind, Tier X grind for credits (11 tier Xs left) 


SpartacusDiablo #12 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:14 PM

    Highly Illogical

  • Players
  • 17083 battles
  • 7,206
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostiRaikkonen, on 05 July 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

They already did nerf it...

 

If you’ve ever played it you’d know that it’s heat rounds are awful. It can’t pen an is tank from anywhere except MAYBE the back. Most of the time T49s have to settle for 200-300 damage he splash with a 16 second reload which is very hard to cope with. Any other light or medium tank can yolo you and they will kill you unless you red rack or he pen them. 

 

The average damage dealt on the whole of NA for tier 8 light tanks is within 75 damage of that max and min. It is plenty balanced. I can send you the stats if you need to see them

And this ^^^^  The HEAT round is horrible and you have to take a loan out to fire HE.   

 

Once again.  This tank does not need a Nerf.


Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]


4sfield #13 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:17 PM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 29093 battles
  • 3,977
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

  WTH? It’s fine.


 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


Dan_Deerso #14 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:20 PM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 21322 battles
  • 3,639
  • [MOMS]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 05 July 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

The tank does not need aNOTHER Nerf.

 

FIFY



I_Am_Not_Toxic_I_Swear #15 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:22 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31074 battles
  • 946
  • [BWING]
  • Member since:
    07-30-2014

To OP: You're a moron

To everyone else:  https://www.blitzsta...com/Kaos_Dynamo this might explain his apparent lack of brain cells.


Bring back the T49A


Chickenwingzilla #16 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30681 battles
  • 214
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 05 July 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Are you serious?

 

  • It is a one trick pony that was already substantially nerfed.  
  • It has less alpha dmg then a same caliber gun TWO TIERS LOWER.
  • The reload is glacial.
  • The aim circle is the size of a small moon.
  • The aim time is like watching paint dry.
  • The accuracy is like Stevie Wonder throwing snowballs.

 

The tank does not need a Nerf.

 

TY o7

AsianSensati0n #17 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:39 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13136 battles
  • 657
  • [DMG69]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015
If anything it needs to go back to the 2nd version of it. Its still good but not as good as before
Falcons blew a 17 point lead vs Jay Cutler

Derpomagix #18 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14091 battles
  • 507
  • [YUMY]
  • Member since:
    11-06-2017

View PostKaos_Dynamo, on 05 July 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

It’s high time for a t49 nerf.

 

two reasons:

1) the alpha damage is op for the speed of the vehicle. This means less exposure to damage when firing. The amount of damage is just overkill (so to speak).

 

2) with these characteristics, the gap between an ok player and a really excellent one is huge. This means the tank is inherently too far unbalanced amongst players. The tank can never be balanced with these characteristics.

 

I would like to see the speed nerfed. This seems realistic considering the sized of the turret and gun. It’s almost as fast as the type 62 which has a no caliber gun ;)

 

WG didn’t give a full rotation turret to the wz because they were afraid it’d be op. um...

 

I understand the need to correct for Russian bias, but it needn’t be done all in a single tank.

 

Sounds like you got derped a few times today. :)

Do you know how flipping hard it is to do well in that tank?

It does not need a nerf.


Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

If you have less than 5000 battles, it is NOT COOL to have a tier 10. Having a Tier 10 does not make you good. If you think you're good, you probably aren't.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson


Derpomagix #19 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:53 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14091 battles
  • 507
  • [YUMY]
  • Member since:
    11-06-2017

View PostI_Am_Not_Toxic_I_Swear, on 05 July 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

To OP: You're a moron

To everyone else:  https://www.blitzsta...com/Kaos_Dynamo this might explain his apparent lack of brain cells.

 

He hasn't even driven the T49.

OP: Go get the tank, then come back here and make everyone HOWL with laughter by saying it needs a buff.


Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

If you have less than 5000 battles, it is NOT COOL to have a tier 10. Having a Tier 10 does not make you good. If you think you're good, you probably aren't.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson


andyllinger #20 Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23087 battles
  • 1,985
  • [--M--]
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014
It isn't OP at all.

Tier X tanks: Leopard 1, E50 ME100, Jgd pz. E100, T110E4T110E5, M48, Obj. 140, T-62A, IS-7, IS-4.STB-1

Researched: MAUSObj. 268, FV 4202, T57.






Also tagged with T49, nerf, op, overpowered, alpha, damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users