CAMPING TANKS

sniping rng bias wot idiots random

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

ContinuityGamer #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7487 battles

When ever I’m in a game and there’s a tank with a huge a** gun they are basically given the blind eye by the team and I’ve literally seen tanks back into corner of map (I’m not just talking about grille) I understand that sniping is a critical part of the game but I get raged at when I’m in my e100 because I “wasn’t trading shots with 3 other heavies” on a portion of the map where I can’t even sidescrape. I support the idea of sniping but in my opinion (hope it’s the consensus also) sniping involves relocating when shots aren’t available not sitting in corner of map farming off teammates, and that’s not even sad part the sad part is I was in a game on middleburg in my E100 and our 183 calls Hill( they had 4 heavies  and of course they went town) so when a guy who 1. I knew was going to camp 2. Tells team where to go  so he can farm off of us. It made me upset how if I’m not treading with several other tanks I’m doing bad can someone who knows blitz better than me pls explain difference between camping and sniping ONCE AND FOR ALL

TLDR EXPLAIN SNIPING FROM CAMPING CUZ PEOPLE FARMING IN CORNER OF MAP.

sorry if this got a little ranty I’m tired of people trying to farm and not win 

we need to stop judging based off stats and start judging based on gamplay we see in battle

Edited by ContinuityGamer, 06 July 2018 - 12:16 AM.

Dan_Deerso #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:17 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21219 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostContinuityGamer, on 05 July 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

When ever I’m in a game and there’s a tank with a huge a** gun they are basically given the blind eye by the team and I’ve literally seen tanks back into corner of map (I’m not just talking about grille) I understand that sniping is a critical part of the game but I get raged at when I’m in my e100 because I “wasn’t trading shots with 3 other heavies” on a portion of the map where I can’t even sidescrape. I support the idea of sniping but in my opinion (hope it’s the consensus also) sniping involves relocating when shots aren’t available not sitting in corner of map farming off teammates, and that’s not even sad part the sad part is I was in a game on middleburg in my E100 and our 183 calls Hill( they had 4 heavies  and of course they went town) so when a guy who 1. I knew was going to camp 2. Tells team where to go  so he can farm off of us. It made me upset how if I’m not treading with several other tanks I’m doing bad can someone who knows blitz better than me pls explain difference between camping and sniping ONCE AND FOR ALL

we need to stop judging based off stats and start judging based on gamplay we see in battle

Stats are a byproduct of gameplay.

ContinuityGamer #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7487 battles

View PostDan_Deerso, on 06 July 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Stats are a mix of matchmaker, rng and teamwork, IMO 

Ive seen games where people die because they roll 100 lower than their average (RNG)

I’ve seen people get screwed by whole team camping (team work)

and I’ve seen 3 183s on same team who weren’t platooning (matchmaking)

i understand what u mean tho gameplay is important 

you are right 

tankeatingtiger #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:24 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 14555 battles

View PostContinuityGamer, on 05 July 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Ive seen games where people die because they roll 100 lower than their average (RNG)

you are right 

So you are saying that skill has nothing to do with it?

Guys like Anon are good because...luck?

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

ContinuityGamer #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7487 battles
No that’s not what I mean

BorisBaddenov #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22294 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostContinuityGamer, on 05 July 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Always go hill on Middleburg 

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Dan_Deerso #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:42 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21219 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostContinuityGamer, on 05 July 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

No that’s not what I mean

That's exactly what you said.

Show me a bad player with a 70% winrate, and then show me a great player with a 30% winrate. Should be pretty easy, judging from your post.

View PostContinuityGamer, on 05 July 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

you are right 

I've seen many, many teams get screwed by heavies going off alone to town in Middleberg over the years. I've also seen teams almost entirely filled by T-54's come up against two tier tens, a tier 9 and four tier 8's. Which one is more likely to repeat? Not the T-54 one (even if we still had +/-2). MM helps you just as often as it screws you over, 40%ers just screw you over with amazing consistency and no upside.

MOST people who have bad stats do so by deciding (consciously or not) that they will not put any effort towards learning the game, and therefore have a very poor sense as to what good gameplay even consists of. Notable exceptions include medical conditions and the like.

EolSunder1 #8 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11804 battles
  • [SWUS]

I always like to go in the back part and snipe. Teams are 90% trash, that means that if you go up front, you will have NO support from the loser 40% moron in a tier 7 behind you who doesn't even know how to drive or turn his tank yet. IF you drive up alone, you die. Your dead. Your 40% trash team can't support or help you. The best way to survive is to just sit in the back and snipe, and clean up the mess left over when your 40% trash team players are dead. Let the 40% flotsam die first while you stay alive. You can always move up and maneuver when you get a feel for the map. 

I always laugh at the 40% losers who cry when I sit in the back corner and just snipe. Of course, i'm always the last alive, the one with the most damage, the one who isn't a 40% trash loser. THOSE are the ones crying and telling you how to fight. You are going to listen to some 40% moron in a tier 7 who can't do 100 damage. Of course not. Ignore the morons. Stay alive, do damage, hope you can carry your worthless team. If you get a good team, great, they will win and you won't be top gun, but that's rare.

__The_Dude_30__ #9 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:46 AM

The Dude of Dudes

• Players
  • 16540 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostEolSunder1, on 05 July 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

I always like to go in the back part and snipe. Teams are 90% trash, that means that if you go up front, you will have NO support from the loser 40% moron in a tier 7 behind you who doesn't even know how to drive or turn his tank yet. IF you drive up alone, you die. Your dead. Your 40% trash team can't support or help you. The best way to survive is to just sit in the back and snipe, and clean up the mess left over when your 40% trash team players are dead. Let the 40% flotsam die first while you stay alive. You can always move up and maneuver when you get a feel for the map. 

I always laugh at the 40% losers who cry when I sit in the back corner and just snipe. Of course, i'm always the last alive, the one with the most damage, the one who isn't a 40% trash loser. THOSE are the ones crying and telling you how to fight. You are going to listen to some 40% moron in a tier 7 who can't do 100 damage. Of course not. Ignore the morons. Stay alive, do damage, hope you can carry your worthless team. If you get a good team, great, they will win and you won't be top gun, but that's rare.

We should introduce you to the guy who snipes in his IS-4. If you are sniping in EVERY tank, then you are doing it wrong, The only reason that this works decently for you is that you have never played anything higher than tier 6. When you snipe in the back, you are doing absolutely nothing to help your team, you are just farming damage. If you go up front and play CORRECTLY, you will do fine. The  other team members can provide support, just not enough to keep you alive. You seem to be blaming everything on teams, but I se a lot  of fault on you end as well. Also, playing like this is bad enough, but advertising it like it is an awesome method to win? No, just no.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Enzo_Gorlami #10 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29203 battles
  • [BELLS]
There will always be an anus who ruins the game for the other 6 players. This morning a Patton thought it funny to back into hard to reach hole at the red line, and sat the entire game out. It was entertaining watching the 4 other tanks trying to hit him from 4 sides, though. But he did lose the game for the rest of us. 

SpartacusDiablo #11 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16732 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostContinuityGamer, on 05 July 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Fu_Manchu_ #12 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10590 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 05 July 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Truth.

View PostContinuityGamer, on 05 July 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

you are right 

Uhhh...

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 06 July 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

Yeah, I had the same reaction as Spart.

Seriously though ContinuityGamer, what you said is definitely true for individual games. But over a large sample of games, stats paint a very accurate picture of how a person plays. Some examples:

- High average damage but low spots, low damage per minute and low win rate = likely camping in the back and not helping the team but farming a little damage and then racking up some more damage after the team is all dead and the reds come for the camper.

- Low survival rate, high spots and high damage per minute = a skilled player who plays too aggressively and does all their damage early in the game before getting wrecked.

Over a large enough sample size, a good player will get the stats to match and a bad player will also get the stats to match because we all get good teams and garbage teams.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222

dport02 #13 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23855 battles
  • [FUXII]
Ya this morning on Fort Despair, two enemy meds pushed to corner, while my team all moved up. 3 of there other tanks went towards the ruins. When we destroyed the first 5, we encountered an AMX50B and E75 sitting in there spawn.

Button2011 #14 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28217 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostEolSunder1, on 05 July 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

I got really good stats being intelligent on frontline. Maybe you should be more supportive at the front depending on what you play. Pramo doesn’t camp in the back (at least not all the time) so why should you

raellgunawesum #15 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10880 battles
  • [_GG_]
Its not that camping is bad, its that you need to know when to do it. Back to the original question. You can camp. But don't heavy camp. HEAVIES DON'T CAMP. You take fire so your campers survive. Work together. If you are a campers, provide fire where it is needed. If one of your teammates is having trouble holding the lane in Middleburg, move into position, and get ready to fight! You are a mobile gun. You can MOVE. So MOVE. Play strategically and you will win. Mainly, the only vehicles that should camp are TDs. Any other tank class would be more useful doing ANYTHING else. So if you aren't a TD then don't snipe,, or else expect to be downrated, especially if you are on my team.

Signed:

---Rael

SpartacusDiablo #16 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16732 battles
  • [III-P]

View Postraellgunawesum, on 06 July 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

Its not that camping is bad, its that you need to know when to do it. Back to the original question. You can camp. But don't heavy camp. HEAVIES DON'T CAMP. You take fire so your campers survive. Work together. If you are a campers, provide fire where it is needed. If one of your teammates is having trouble holding the lane in Middleburg, move into position, and get ready to fight! You are a mobile gun. You can MOVE. So MOVE. Play strategically and you will win. Mainly, the only vehicles that should camp are TDs. Any other tank class would be more useful doing ANYTHING else. So if you aren't a TD then don't snipe,, or else expect to be downrated, especially if you are on my team.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended.  It is not my intent to insult or degrade you.  You are at the point in Blitz where you should be seeking out advice to improve your gameplay.  You are not at the point where you should be posting game guides or telling others how to play.  I understand that you may want to make a name for yourself in this community but your current path is not the way to do it.

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

DanAnsomeHansome #17 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34073 battles
  • [MOMS]
I had a kv2 and a Kv1s sniping in the sniper spot on Yamamoto today. It was a battle that I wished we still had friendly fire .

GentleNova #18 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22664 battles
  • [FABLE]

The problem with WR is that you can’t knock it completely nor stand by it completely.

X: Obj 263*, T110E4, T110E3, FV215b 183 / IX: SU-122-54*, T-54*, ST-I, IS-8, Jagdtiger

VIII: Type 59*, IS-6*, Löwe*, T34*, T26E4, Tiger II / VII: SU-122-44*, Comet*, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62, VK 30.02 D*, E25*

Cletusrocks_ap #19 Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17874 battles
  • [QUEFF]

View PostEolSunder1, on 05 July 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

So you are a giant vag.  This is the play style that inspires hate in me.  Have you realized that without your worthless team spotting you would have no one to shoot at?  And maybe, just maybe, if you venture above your average tier 4.29 the teams and players get a little better.  My guess is that you do realize that, and maybe you've tried it, and you get slaughtered by players with enough experience to know where the sniping spots are.  You're just the kid in middle school who steals lunch money from the elementary school kids and is too dumb to feel ashamed about it.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

V1n2002 #20 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5070 battles

View PostContinuityGamer, on 05 July 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

You need to play variety. In my hellcat, I can camp like mad and with the 90mm tear them apart. I CAN go fast and I CAN work with lights but dang

[COD-R] 54.60% 1100+ AVG DMG. :justwait:

Also tagged with sniping, rng, bias, wot, idiots, random

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users