Starting a WoT Blitz YT Channel, I Need Your Feedback

wot blitz youtube feedback

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Content Rating (9 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you think of the content I've got so far?

1. Hory molly, this is awesome! (5/5) (1 vote [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. It's okay :| / Above average (4/5) (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Another day another dollar (3/5) (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

4. Send it to ze gas chamber! (1 or 2/5) (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

What type of content would you like to see in the future?

1. Ace Tanker Gameplay Analysis (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. World of Shenanigans (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. Blitz News & Future Content Discussion (3 votes [15.00%])

4. Tank Guides (3 votes [15.00%])

5. Map Guides (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. Something else... (please comment your own answer) (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Hide poll

JosephAllen #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4853 battles
  • [DETH]

Hello all, I have decided to start a Blitz channel with some spare time on my hands and video editing skills I've got because World of Tanks has been such a great game in my life. 6 years for the PC version and now it's approaching 1 year anniversary I'll have with Blitz. I just started out on Youtube and would love to hear opinions from all of you guys. If you have any constructive criticism, feedback, or any idea I could leverage on to grow my channel, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

My Youtube channel's name is: MeowthDolf Gaming (because I love cats :))

Link to the channel: MeowthDolf Gaming

Edited by JosephAllen, 06 July 2018 - 09:44 PM.

raellgunawesum #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10807 battles
  • [_GG_]

COOL! I know this isn't in the poll, but maybe you could make some guides? Those are always fun to watch, no matter your skill level. 

PS. Im also making a WoT Blitz channel as well maybe we can do a collab. The name is Railgun Awesome

Signed:

---Rael

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22267 battles
  • [NOGUD]
I cannot answer your poll, you provide a very limited selection of content, and nothing that is any different.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Kade18 #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10599 battles
  • [_V_]
It’s good, especially the editing style I love that, but it’s very dry and I’m 99% sure ur directly reading off a script, try and sound excited and less like ur making a video essay 
Kade18-Void
Like and subscribe (pls I beg)

JosephAllen #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4853 battles
  • [DETH]

View Postraellgunawesum, on 06 July 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

COOL! I know this isn't in the poll, but maybe you could make some guides? Those are always fun to watch, no matter your skill level. 

PS. Im also making a WoT Blitz channel as well maybe we can do a collab. The name is Railgun Awesome

I totally forgot to put the guides as one of the options on the poll. Oof!

The idea of a collab sounds really cool to me. I am not entirely sure about doing it for now. Because as you may not know, my internet is totally mental most of the time, so playing and uploading consistently is not something I can guarantee, at least for the moment. I will sure keep this in mind and we can talk about it later. Thank you.

JosephAllen #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:40 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4853 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostKade18, on 06 July 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

It’s good, especially the editing style I love that, but it’s very dry and I’m 99% sure ur directly reading off a script, try and sound excited and less like ur making a video essay 

You're right, I read off my scripts most of the time, because I have a hard time speaking English in this manner entirely from improvisation. I am trying my best to improve on that front. Thank you.

Dan_Deerso #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21219 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostJosephAllen, on 06 July 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

You're right, I read off my scripts most of the time, because I have a hard time speaking English in this manner entirely from improvisation. I am trying my best to improve on that front. Thank you.

It'll come with time, just stick with it and I'm sure you'll get it.

VelociTanker #8 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13421 battles
  • [CLEAR]
Do it for personal satisfaction and to refine your skills. You won't make any money off it. It'll feel like you're talking into a void so be prepared to move on once you get bored with it or find something better. Don't sink too much of your time into it, don't let it become a time-sucking chore. Have fun with it then go outside.

As seen getting lucky on Littlefinger101 Youtube channel

Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills 

Subscriber Replay on Mines T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov

JosephAllen #9 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:05 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4853 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostVelociTanker, on 06 July 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

Do it for personal satisfaction and to refine your skills. You won't make any money off it. It'll feel like you're talking into a void so be prepared to move on once you get bored with it or find something better. Don't sink too much of your time into it, don't let it become a time-sucking chore. Have fun with it then go outside.

Thank you for your opinion. Video editing has been something that I am really interested in, it all started off with me impressed with Michael Bay's movies and then I just picked it all up by myself, so this whole thing is just a hobby right now for me. I'm trying new things out to see if it's right for me or not. But yea, thank you for the warning sir :).

tankeatingtiger #10 Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:06 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 14458 battles
  • [COD]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 06 July 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

I cannot answer your poll, you provide a very limited selection of content, and nothing that is any different.

kinda like what Boris said,

you have to create your own trademark to make yourself unique. Those tank reviews and guides may be good, but the fact is there are so many out there that you will just get lost in the flow. Make yourself unique and then your videos will get recognized.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

GentleNova #11 Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22664 battles
  • [FABLE]

Sound quality wasn’t great in your 5 Tips video, your voice was deep and muffled, but was much better in the T71 video. So looks like you improved it already. 

In terms of content, I really like how you’re going into depth with them, with the T71 being a good example of this. Specifically, using the ability to stop a replay mid action and rotate the camera to survey the battle as a whole to help people understand why you’re making the choices you do. 

The downside is that this could be way too much depth for a less experienced player to process, thus you could be overloading them. As others suggested, I’d create a variety of different specific guides to get around this problem and thus target different guides for different experienced players. For example, I personally break the game overall into tactical, strategic, and adaptive knowledge. Tactical is being a good tank driver (targeting, angling, tank strength/weaknesses). Strategic is being a good team player (map & team awareness, focus fire, cross fire, start game team assessment). And adaptive is being a good independent player overall (knowing when to push and when when to bail). 

Simplifying this into generalized targeted groups, tactical videos are great for people below 50% WR to get up to speed and know the basics of the game (ie don’t go out broadside!). Strategic videos are great for 50% to 60% WR people to increase their awareness of the relationship between the teams (friendly, enemy), yourself, and the map, so as to avoid tunneling. Adaptive videos are for people over 60% WR, helping them to become more independent and not having to rely upon teamwork as much.

Tactical videos would be the easiest to make, with strategic videos being a bit more complex and adaptive being the hardest because it takes a lot of experience to "project" the future direction of the battle and making a choice based upon that. But you seem to be already doing this in your videos when you stop the battle replay, rotate to emphasize what is happening, and explain the projection process of the different skirmishes and which would be the better to engage with. 

But again, while you can break tactical videos into things like targeting (basic, vulnerable spots, critical spots), angling (basic, sidescraping) and strategic into map / team awareness, adaptive seems the hardest to figure how you want to break it down. I mean basically it’s knowing when to push and when to bail but again this completely varies depending upon the type of tank you’re playing with. 

Anyways that’s a brief overview of how I’d break it down. If you like a detailed breakdown of skills for each of tactical, strategic, and adaptive, I can go deeper if you like. But with your experience and skill level, I think you probably already know. 

X: Obj 263*, T110E4, T110E3, FV215b 183 / IX: SU-122-54*, T-54*, ST-I, IS-8, Jagdtiger

VIII: Type 59*, IS-6*, Löwe*, T34*, T26E4, Tiger II / VII: SU-122-44*, Comet*, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62, VK 30.02 D*, E25*

JosephAllen #12 Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4853 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostGentleNova, on 07 July 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

Sound quality wasn’t great in your 5 Tips video, your voice was deep and muffled, but was much better in the T71 video. So looks like you improved it already. 

In terms of content, I really like how you’re going into depth with them, with the T71 being a good example of this. Specifically, using the ability to stop a replay mid action and rotate the camera to survey the battle as a whole to help people understand why you’re making the choices you do. 

The downside is that this could be way too much depth for a less experienced player to process, thus you could be overloading them. As others suggested, I’d create a variety of different specific guides to get around this problem and thus target different guides for different experienced players. For example, I personally break the game overall into tactical, strategic, and adaptive knowledge. Tactical is being a good tank driver (targeting, angling, tank strength/weaknesses). Strategic is being a good team player (map & team awareness, focus fire, cross fire, start game team assessment). And adaptive is being a good independent player overall (knowing when to push and when when to bail). 

Simplifying this into generalized targeted groups, tactical videos are great for people below 50% WR to get up to speed and know the basics of the game (ie don’t go out broadside!). Strategic videos are great for 50% to 60% WR people to increase their awareness of the relationship between the teams (friendly, enemy), yourself, and the map, so as to avoid tunneling. Adaptive videos are for people over 60% WR, helping them to become more independent and not having to rely upon teamwork as much.

Tactical videos would be the easiest to make, with strategic videos being a bit more complex and adaptive being the hardest because it takes a lot of experience to "project" the future direction of the battle and making a choice based upon that. But you seem to be already doing this in your videos when you stop the battle replay, rotate to emphasize what is happening, and explain the projection process of the different skirmishes and which would be the better to engage with. 

But again, while you can break tactical videos into things like targeting (basic, vulnerable spots, critical spots), angling (basic, sidescraping) and strategic into map / team awareness, adaptive seems the hardest to figure how you want to break it down. I mean basically it’s knowing when to push and when to bail but again this completely varies depending upon the type of tank you’re playing with. 

Anyways that’s a brief overview of how I’d break it down. If you like a detailed breakdown of skills for each of tactical, strategic, and adaptive, I can go deeper if you like. But with your experience and skill level, I think you probably already know. 

Wow! Thank you for the detailed suggestion. I always like feedback like this :great:. I will plan this out for future videos and see how it'll fare out from there. Thank you so much :).

JosephAllen #13 Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4853 battles
  • [DETH]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 07 July 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

kinda like what Boris said,

you have to create your own trademark to make yourself unique. Those tank reviews and guides may be good, but the fact is there are so many out there that you will just get lost in the flow. Make yourself unique and then your videos will get recognized.

Thank you for the input sir. I will continue to work on that and make myself more recognizable from the crowd, right now I'm just getting my feet wet :honoring:.

PanzertroopenVT #14 Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10198 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostJosephAllen, on 06 July 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

Hello all, I have decided to start a Blitz channel with some spare time on my hands and video editing skills I've got because World of Tanks has been such a great game in my life. 6 years for the PC version and now it's approaching 1 year anniversary I'll have with Blitz. I just started out on Youtube and would love to hear opinions from all of you guys. If you have any constructive criticism, feedback, or any idea I could leverage on to grow my channel, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

My Youtube channel's name is: MeowthDolf Gaming (because I love cats :))

Link to the channel: MeowthDolf Gaming

the on,y way I can get better is to embrace other folks field of view sorta speak of gameplay,tactics,etc etc. I enjoy YouTube channels with Great info and tips!

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

PanzertroopenVT #15 Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10198 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 06 July 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

It'll come with time, just stick with it and I'm sure you'll get it.

Well look at lilfinger, he has what.....a few subs, and still kills it with his videos, chit I'd wager if EVERYONE had to watch his videos on YouTube and PAY ATTENTION WHILE WATCHIng the playerbase would be ten times more competitive 

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

PanzertroopenVT #16 Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10198 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostGentleNova, on 06 July 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

one of the best posts I've read I these forums.

GentleNova #17 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22664 battles
  • [FABLE]

View PostPanzertroopenVT, on 08 July 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

the on,y way I can get better is to embrace other folks field of view sorta speak of gameplay,tactics,etc etc.

You're the first person I’ve seen on the forums who describes mastery progression as embracing other people’s "field of view". This is brilliant. Why? Because developmental progression, be it in the game or in life, is more about perception than about intelligence. In effect, tactical, strategic, and adaptive are ways of seeing what’s going on around you, otherwise more commonly know as a world views. As you progress through these stages towards mastering the game, your awareness increases and you see more and more of the game around you, as you broaden your worldview with which you "see” the game with.

So it’s not so much that other people are idiots or stupid, it is that they are blind, due to their limited vision, to what is happening around them and thus are not able to see the bigger picture of what’s going on as a whole. Here’s a quick example that happened to my platoon mate and I playing tier 5. I went mill with most of team on Castilla. My platoon mate went church. The enemy pushed hard on us at mill and began obliterating our team. At the end, my platoon mate was the last one alive and a couple of people were mad at him for not coming over to mill and helping us. Yet when the battle results showed, my platoon mate had over 2000 dmg, I had over 1500 dmg and the rest of our team were below 500 dmg, if at all. 

So so if you look at the results, my platoon mate was obviously contributing to the battle immensely. He was playing the game strategically, providing highly effective crossfire from the church peak, that was ripping into the enemy’s broadsides at mill. To those complaining about him, they were playing the game tactically, thus couldn’t see how he was contributing. In effect, in their mind, unless you’re right next to us, you’re not helping and are an idiot. 

X: Obj 263*, T110E4, T110E3, FV215b 183 / IX: SU-122-54*, T-54*, ST-I, IS-8, Jagdtiger

VIII: Type 59*, IS-6*, Löwe*, T34*, T26E4, Tiger II / VII: SU-122-44*, Comet*, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62, VK 30.02 D*, E25*

JosephAllen #18 Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4853 battles
  • [DETH]
Both of you sirs have said incredible things. You're right! People have different perspective on this game, some just "play for fun", some want to win but can't figure out they're the root of the problems instead they rely on blaming others for their mistakes, some are...well.. kids who see this well-made tank game they can play so they hop in and go wild, etc. I should definitely try something with the beginners first then move up the levels like what you've said GentleNova.

PanzertroopenVT #19 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10198 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostGentleNova, on 08 July 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

You're the first person I’ve seen on the forums who describes mastery progression as embracing other people’s "field of view". This is brilliant. Why? Because developmental progression, be it in the game or in life, is more about perception than about intelligence. In effect, tactical, strategic, and adaptive are ways of seeing what’s going on around you, otherwise more commonly know as a world views. As you progress through these stages towards mastering the game, your awareness increases and you see more and more of the game around you, as you broaden your worldview with which you "see” the game with.

So it’s not so much that other people are idiots or stupid, it is that they are blind, due to their limited vision, to what is happening around them and thus are not able to see the bigger picture of what’s going on as a whole. Here’s a quick example that happened to my platoon mate and I playing tier 5. I went mill with most of team on Castilla. My platoon mate went church. The enemy pushed hard on us at mill and began obliterating our team. At the end, my platoon mate was the last one alive and a couple of people were mad at him for not coming over to mill and helping us. Yet when the battle results showed, my platoon mate had over 2000 dmg, I had over 1500 dmg and the rest of our team were below 500 dmg, if at all. 

So so if you look at the results, my platoon mate was obviously contributing to the battle immensely. He was playing the game strategically, providing highly effective crossfire from the church peak, that was ripping into the enemy’s broadsides at mill. To those complaining about him, they were playing the game tactically, thus couldn’t see how he was contributing. In effect, in their mind, unless you’re right next to us, you’re not helping and are an idiot. 

Ha ha u got me! I FINALLY figured out what was keeping my playing ability from progressing. It's nice to be able to spawn with 6 players who only wan  focus fire the chit outa reds, but it's rare to have a team like that nowadays IMHO. So I have to take in the "situational awareness" both from spawn and once the red teams have at least 5-6 of them spotted. There's nothing more fun than finding a PLATOONMATe who covers and helps.....this game rocks at those times!

Now buying  a Tiger 2 and expecting Unicum  type play cause it's well a tiger is a horrid miscalculation I digress! Rofl , expensive past tier 6 for everything. Thx guys great thread

Also tagged with wot blitz, youtube, feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users