My TD grinding problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jonny_applesauce #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6554 battles
  • [CLEAR]

There are 2 TDs in this game that I really, really want - the T30 and the Rhm. Borsig.

There are three TDs in this game that I am mortally afraid of grinding - the T28 prototype and the Pz. Sfl. V(toaster)/ Nashorn (same playstyle)

Don't tell me "free xp" because I don't have 300K free xp kicking around my garage doing nothing.

Any encouragement? Is the prototype playable? Will the toaster ever get buffed?

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

Jonny_applesauce #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6554 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Inb4 98646 trolls saying "free xp" 

:P

Jonny Applesauce

Dan_Deerso #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21304 battles
  • [MOMS]
Grit your teeth, free XP the top gun on the Prot if you can, and pound it out. In my opinion, while the Borsig is fun, the T30 is just a much more rewarding tank.

raellgunawesum #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11299 battles
  • [_GG_]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 06 July 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

There are 2 TDs in this game that I really, really want - the T30 and the Rhm. Borsig.

There are three TDs in this game that I am mortally afraid of grinding - the T28 prototype and the Pz. Sfl. V(toaster)/ Nashorn (same playstyle)

Don't tell me "free xp" because I don't have 300K free xp kicking around my garage doing nothing.

Any encouragement? Is the prototype playable? Will the toaster ever get buffed?

the toaster and Nashorn aren't the problem tanks. Actually, I got 2k plus damage and a Mastery Badge in my first battle with it. Just camp in a bush far from the enemies and rake in the XP. As for the prot, Ii don't think its actually thaht bad. i'm actually looking forward to playing it.

Its the Emil you should be scared of

Edited by raellgunawesum, 06 July 2018 - 09:38 PM.

Signed:

---Rael

IgniteTheFire #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11010 battles
  • [-RUSE]

I gave up on my Proto until I got enough free XP.

That was 2 years ago.

Dan_Deerso #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21304 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Postraellgunawesum, on 06 July 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

the toaster and Nashorn aren't the problem tanks. Actually, I got 2k plus damage and a Mastery Badge in my first battle with it. Just camp in a bush far from the enemies and rake in the XP. As for the prot, Ii don't think its actually thaht bad. i'm actually looking forward to playing it.

Why would that be? I found the gun on the Emil more than made up for the lack of armor and low speed. Accurate, snappy, decent standard ammo damage, 15 degrees of gun depression, etc.

The Prot on the other hand is at a tier up with zero side armor, slower, ammorack the size of Kentucky, a pseudoturret, and the same turning radius (and time) as the average Boeing 747. The only good thing I've ever seen about the Prot is the upper plate is fairly good and the gun's decent at everything but hitting the target (Bad base dispersion, bloom on the move and turret traverse, bad aim time). If you try playing it from the back in a bush like it's an E25 or something, you're gonna have a bad time when the battle spins out of your control two minutes in on every other game. It should be played like a pseudoheavy that can't sidescrape, angling like a Tiger (P). 

Jonny_applesauce #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6554 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 06 July 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

Why would that be? I found the gun on the Emil more than made up for the lack of armor and low speed. Accurate, snappy, decent standard ammo damage, 15 degrees of gun depression, etc.

The Prot on the other hand is at a tier up with zero side armor, slower, ammorack the size of Kentucky, a pseudoturret, and the same turning radius (and time) as the average Boeing 747. The only good thing I've ever seen about the Prot is the upper plate is fairly good and the gun's decent at everything but hitting the target (Bad base dispersion, bloom on the move and turret traverse, bad aim time). If you try playing it from the back in a bush like it's an E25 or something, you're gonna have a bad time when the battle spins out of your control two minutes in on every other game. It should be played like a pseudoheavy that can't sidescrape, angling like a Tiger (P). 

Yeah Emil won't be a problem I think, a good gun and 15 degrees and I can make it work.

I guess the T28 can sorta "front scrape" trolling shots off upper plate before attempting to poke weak turret cheeks to get a shot

Jonny Applesauce

MudkipAtWar #8 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:13 PM

T1 best heavy tank

• Players
  • 18694 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View Postraellgunawesum, on 06 July 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

False.

The emil is a great tank, it just requires a lot of position knowledge 

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

The ship is sinking

Time to find another boat

Rest in piece FLEET

Zuke76 #9 Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:04 AM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 15196 battles
  • [SR-71]
The only bad tank in the line is the emil

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

tankeatingtiger #10 Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:53 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 14893 battles
  • [_VB_]

View PostZuke76, on 06 July 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

The only bad tank in the line is the emil

Sic ‘em, Mudkip!

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

tankeatingtiger #11 Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:53 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 14893 battles
  • [_VB_]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 06 July 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

Yeah Emil won't be a problem I think, a good gun and 15 degrees and I can make it work.

I guess the T28 can sorta "front scrape" trolling shots off upper plate before attempting to poke weak turret cheeks to get a shot

The sides are paper thin though so that will be hard

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users