Raseiniai ace 7 kill wz 110 type 62 platoon

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Jaq___ #1 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32762 battles
  • [SRT]

We ran some really early morning games. 1st is a super intense 6 kill 4k+ game in the type 62 highlighting why the temple steps are so important. It is a must see, trust me. I ran out of AP, lol. 2nd is of a Raseiniai Ace in the WZ 110. To be honest, it was a pretty routine sound game, but the toon did carry at the end. If only time to watch one, go with the first. Feedback always appreciated!

https://www.youtube....?v=rTw_2h1PA8I​

https://www.youtube....h?v=uvGf8Iwt1WA

YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

SuperUnicum by Star1 and WN8     

UberNoob in reality

Player_39363936 #2 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 67123 battles
  • [EWENS]

Ah ... the Sunday morning seven kill is the best!

That was funny, if your first shot at the Independence had done damage, it would have cost you the whole thing!

Edited by Afleet_Alex, 08 July 2018 - 12:36 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #3 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 23142 battles
  • [III-R]
Good times were had by all!

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

BorisBaddenov #4 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23991 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post_Jaq, on 08 July 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

We ran some really early morning games. 1st is a super intense 6 kill 4k+ game in the type 62 highlighting why the temple steps are so important. It is a must see, trust me. I ran out of AP, lol. 2nd is of a Raseiniai Ace in the WZ 110. To be honest, it was a pretty routine sound game, but the toon did carry at the end. If only time to watch one, go with the first. Feedback always appreciated!

https://www.youtube....?v=rTw_2h1PA8I​

https://www.youtube....h?v=uvGf8Iwt1WA

Did you just play those two games?

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

SpartacusDiablo #5 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 23142 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 July 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

Did you just play those two games?

One was this morning and the other was yesterday.

I felt like a bullet sponge in my LTTB :(

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

BorisBaddenov #6 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23991 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 08 July 2018 - 04:38 AM, said:

I think I have an unpopular opinion about YouTubing these types of games.    I have not watched either of them, but I can tell you what happened.

Two really good players in a platoon had a really good game.

Personally, I learn very little from those types of videos.   Everyone of us who is decent at this game will have battles like these.  The best players will have them more often, but still, we all have tremendous games now and then.  

I did not want to see someone’s cherry picked games.  I want to see the games where you make a mistake early, and pay for it the entire game.  Or see you get into a map position that puts you in a pickle and how you got out of it, or didn’t ;).   I want to see solo games, not games with two Unicums in a platoon.

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Zuke76 #7 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:54 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 08 July 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

WIGGL WIGGL WIGGL 

xD

Player_39363936 #8 Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 67123 battles
  • [EWENS]
Looks like Natasha has cut off Boris again ...

Edited by Afleet_Alex, 08 July 2018 - 01:01 PM.

ahredstealth #9 Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 July 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

I think I have an unpopular opinion about YouTubing these types of games.    I have not watched either of them, but I can tell you what happened.

Personally, I learn very little from those types of videos.   Everyone of us who is decent at this game will have battles like these.  The best players will have them more often, but still, we all have tremendous games now and then.  

I did not want to see someone’s cherry picked games.  I want to see the games where you make a mistake early, and pay for it the entire game.  Or see you get into a map position that puts you in a pickle and how you got out of it, or didn’t ;).   I want to see solo games, not games with two Unicums in a platoon.

Peace-

Boris

There are things to learn from almost every good player posting videos.  Anon and dimzzy taught me so many good starting positions and how to look around more...

Granted that I'm rusty as heck and horrible now, but when I could tank it started from learning watching good games that others posted so I could see them.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Rou_Garou #10 Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26405 battles
  • [509AB]
A fun game to watch is as fun as a fun game is to play. 
   I'll add to this one day, soon, maybe

BorisBaddenov #11 Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23991 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postahredstealth, on 08 July 2018 - 05:35 AM, said:

There are things to learn from almost every good player posting videos.  Anon and dimzzy taught me so many good starting positions and how to look around more...

Granted that I'm rusty as heck and horrible now, but when I could tank it started from learning watching good games that others posted so I could see them.

We all learn differently.

View PostRou_Garou, on 08 July 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

A fun game to watch is as fun as a fun game is to play. 

I will have to disagree.   

I would rather play Golf, Soccer, Basketball, Football, Tennis, Volleyball or Drive Tanks, than watch anyone else play.

Peace-

Boris

Zuke76 #12 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 July 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

We all learn differently.

I will have to disagree.   

I would rather play Golf, Soccer, Basketball, Football, Tennis, Volleyball or Drive Tanks, than watch anyone else play.

Peace-

Boris

​Haha same

Kcmafia #13 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24492 battles
  • [TRUE1]
I personally really like his vids with commentary. Jaq has a  fantastic way of breaking down his thought process. I  looked at the view numbers and his vids with commentary are watched 4-5 times more then the ones he puts to music. I actually think Jaq( for me) is one of the best youtube presenters out there. When he does commentary. Just my 2 cents. So please do more commentary videos !

Gavidoc01 #14 Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 39928 battles
  • [III]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 July 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

Peace-

Boris

boris

watch the videos. Especially the dragon video. In that one Jaq got very luck on 3 occasions. 

1. He took a shot from a t29 that bounced due to RNG early in th battle while facing him down instead of baiting a shot first. Would have completely changed his aggressiveness mid game if it had penned. 
  2. He backed up into the open and exposed his side to that same t29 midgame who didn’t even notice and was there for a few seconds before repositioning. 
  3. At one point he got stuck on the corner of the temple which would have made maneuvering hard if the t20 and lttb had taken advantage. 

Despite that there were great examples of him waiting for red to shoot before pulling out to fire as well as consistent viewing of the opponent and repositioning. 

Overall there is both good and bad to be gleaned from the first video. The 2nd is a great example of how teamwork can result in a solid win by timing shots and maneuver though there were a few examples of improper angling of the front of his tank resulting in unnecessary hits. 

I think these types of vids are good as you as the individual player have to identify th good and bad from them. Better than people telling you what they did right and wrong IMO. If I had saved and posted the video of my tier vii French Td raisin it would have been a textbook example of what NOT to do in a TD. 

Jaq and Spart

great games. 

Edited by Gavidoc01, 08 July 2018 - 04:39 PM.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

4sfield #15 Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 08 July 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

Good times were had by all!

Classy move not killing the AT. He should have bought the coffee. Fighting those stairs at the temple is one of my favorites and I thought Jaq was gone after he got his track hung on the corner. The WZ game though, was the gem. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

BorisBaddenov #16 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23991 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostGavidoc01, on 08 July 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

boris

watch the videos. Especially the dragon video. In that one Jaq got very luck on 3 occasions. 

1. He took a shot from a t29 that bounced due to RNG early in th battle while facing him down instead of baiting a shot first. Would have completely changed his aggressiveness mid game if it had penned. 
  2. He backed up into the open and exposed his side to that same t29 midgame who didn’t even notice and was there for a few seconds before repositioning. 
  3. At one point he got stuck on the corner of the temple which would have made maneuvering hard if the t20 and lttb had taken advantage. 

Despite that there were great examples of him waiting for red to shoot before pulling out to fire as well as consistent viewing of the opponent and repositioning. 

Overall there is both good and bad to be gleaned from the first video. The 2nd is a great example of how teamwork can result in a solid win by timing shots and maneuver though there were a few examples of improper angling of the front of his tank resulting in unnecessary hits. 

I think these types of vids are good as you as the individual player have to identify th good and bad from them. Better than people telling you what they did right and wrong IMO. If I had saved and posted the video of my tier vii French Td raisin it would have been a textbook example of what NOT to do in a TD. 

Jaq and Spart

great games. 

Hey Gav-

I'm not nearly the player that SD, Jav or you are.   On the rare occasion that I ace a tank, it comes as a total surprise.  And usually ends up with a pounding heart, and hand tremors :)     Almost every time that I have aced a tank in Mid-to-upper-tiers, it has always involved a large dose of luck.  A bounce, here and there, or I might have connected with a blind-shot, or maybe that last red low-rolled on his damage, and I win with 8 HP left.    Usually the Ace games come when I get lucky more than once.    For me, it's totally luck - as I'm not goodenov™ to manufacture those types of games. 

When I watched the Dragon Video, that is exactly what came to mind.   He bounced that T29, then nobody was shooting at him, he gets stuck and nobody makes him pay for it, so he's rewarded for a Happy Meal.   That is exactly how I earn mine - getting lucky  :)

I can totally understand where players above my skill level can learn things from these types of videos that I cannot learn.  I don't see the same things as Unicums do when I watch replays.  I need the narrative.    Like the videos Jav has done where he provides commentary - I find those very useful for me.

Can't please all the people all the time, and I'm probably in the minority - so I think Jav should ignore me and do what he does.

Peace-

Boris

ZebraUp #17 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:52 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 22356 battles
  • [_UF_]
I am just glad to not have discovered myself on either of the red teams lol!

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Untrust______ #18 Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 74595 battles
  • [FILTH]

View PostZebraUp, on 08 July 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

I am just glad to not have discovered myself on either of the red teams lol!

I'm not worried about that if I'm on red they lose :teethhappy:. And most won't you tube losing games. ;)

" If u like your salt you can keep your salt " 

minitel_NA #19 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 July 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

Peace-

Boris

I generally agree with you Boris. that good games most often are about brilliant conditions, and hide the mistakes that people normally do and should learn from.

That is because in a big game, either good players don’t make mistakes  so we can’t see them, either in  the bad player had a rare occurrence where his mistakes actually gave him an advantageous position or he got a lucky RNG,  and eventually  a noob High w gg.

about that bold quote, going into a wrong position and making it out ....

the best thing to do is get out early enough. Deciphering the minimap to foretell when it will be wrong and bailing out in advance is what makes one true hero stay fit. The only other possibility  is staying in that wrong position and hoping that

1. 1 combined incoming enemy forces will be dimmer than the hero, or that
  2. The hero’s armor and HP and DPM will outdo enemy’s combined armor HP and DPM.

It’s usually much safer statistically to run early enough to a better position. 

Now for OP I have mixed feelings, because that was good play rather than luck. But I agreee with Boris that without the strong comments it is more entertainment  than education.  Now I know for making my own videos that the editing and commentary are excruciating investment to make it half decent, and a quick YouTube post only takes a few minutes... so I can’t really spall what you are doing wrong, but my opinion is that commented videos are better as videos, for watching a good game or an interesting moment I like replay files better.   

Even though I usually prefer watching the original replay — much faster to go through and identify what is going on, and sparing my ears from people’s mistastes in music — i found that video for at  are worth it   for the commentary, it gives you  the insider’s reasoning, great insights and tips, and the critical point of view on the action, which are that things that makes a great video, not the end score. The end score is just the half naked bruised girls in a Hollywood movie.  

I hope that helped and didn’t sound like preaching to the choir. (My family also says “breaking through

. open doors”. )

i know my post has redundancy but the fkn forum bugs won’t let me edit down... WG rolleye

sorry about that, and gg OP congrats. 

Edited by minitel_NA, 09 July 2018 - 09:52 AM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Gavidoc01 #20 Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:29 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 39928 battles
  • [III]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 July 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

Hey Gav-

I'm not nearly the player that SD, Jav or you are.   

Don't sell yourself short Boris. When we've battled (only a couple of times) you've done pretty well. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users