• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Jaq___ #21 Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32260 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostAfleet_Alex, on 08 July 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Ah ... the Sunday morning seven kill is the best!

That was funny, if your first shot at the Independence had done damage, it would have cost you the whole thing!

Yeah, always an element of luck involved in a Raz

SuperUnicum by Star1 and WN8

UberNoob in reality

ahredstealth #22 Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 July 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

We all learn differently.

Peace-

Boris

And that's fine, but you're coming across as pretty salty about something you could just as well have passed over.  Which again, is fine.  We all have our salty moments...

Either way, more material to learn from is almost never a bad thing.

Is there ever really peace to be found here?

~Stealth

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

BorisBaddenov #23 Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22643 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postahredstealth, on 09 July 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

And that's fine, but you're coming across as pretty salty about something you could just as well have passed over.  Which again, is fine.  We all have our salty moments...

Either way, more material to learn from is almost never a bad thing.

Is there ever really peace to be found here?

~Stealth

This must be one of those times where I'm clueless about being salty.  I tried as well as I could to express my opinion on the video without being insulting, or saying anything disparaging about the players involved.   They asked for feedback, I gave it.  Next time - I'll just sharrupmymouf.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

ZebraUp #24 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17476 battles
  • [_UF_]

View PostUntrust______, on 08 July 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

I'm not worried about that if I'm on red they lose :teethhappy:. And most won't you tube losing games. ;)

Well the first time somebody told me I was in a YouTube Blitz video i was filled with trepidation..  It was a Littlefinger video. I was like, "On great, I hope I didn't get a goose egg or something .."   When I watched it later that day I was pleasantly surprised to see that not only did I not potato, I got High Caliber & killed Litttlefinger.. which isn't an easy thing to do. But that was not my usual luck, and I fully expect that my next appearance on YouTube won't be a happy one lol

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

SpartacusDiablo #25 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 17650 battles
  • [III-P]

I'm not worried about that if I'm on red they lose :teethhappy:. And most won't you tube losing games. ;)

He's right.  I lost :(

Spoiler

I may even post the match tomorrow morning :)

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 09 July 2018 - 09:14 PM.

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Jaq___ #26 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32260 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 July 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

I think I have an unpopular opinion about YouTubing these types of games.    I have not watched either of them, but I can tell you what happened.

Two really good players in a platoon had a really good game.

Personally, I learn very little from those types of videos.   Everyone of us who is decent at this game will have battles like these.  The best players will have them more often, but still, we all have tremendous games now and then.  

I did not want to see someone’s cherry picked games.  I want to see the games where you make a mistake early, and pay for it the entire game.  Or see you get into a map position that puts you in a pickle and how you got out of it, or didn’t ;).   I want to see solo games, not games with two Unicums in a platoon.

Peace-

Boris

Hey bud. I put up a video recently with you in mind after you asked me to see where I made mistakes and failed etc. You said you didn't look at that one either because of the music (which I suggested you mute). I do have some more heartbreak videos but just haven't taken the time to do commentary on them yet. As far as platooning, my 90 day platoon rate is <1% so this was rare for me. I have plenty of steamroll 7 to none losses where I dont have time to do more than a few shots of damage. Is that what you're wanting to see? I don't see that as very helpful but if that's what you want, let me know. I appreciate your feedback.

SuperUnicum by Star1 and WN8

UberNoob in reality

BorisBaddenov #27 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22643 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post_Jaq, on 09 July 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Hey bud. I put up a video recently with you in mind after you asked me to see where I made mistakes and failed etc. You said you didn't look at that one either because of the music (which I suggested you mute). I do have some more heartbreak videos but just haven't taken the time to do commentary on them yet. As far as platooning, my 90 day platoon rate is <1% so this was rare for me. I have plenty of steamroll 7 to none losses where I dont have time to do more than a few shots of damage. Is that what you're wanting to see? I don't see that as very helpful but if that's what you want, let me know. I appreciate your feedback.

Your stuff is fantastic.  Thanks.  Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

TonnerreCadien #28 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:40 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 42005 battles
  • [HAHA]

Nice games! When you first crested over that ridge in the Raisin one, it was like "Oh, [edited]!" And give SD props for staying behind the AT to let you kill it. He was in position to finish him off if you got ammoracked or something like that.

SD, I pulled the shell sponge in my LTTB this morning. Ugly is not a strong enough word. I also decided to take my IS-3 out for a bunch of games today, and lost A LOT. Took out the IS-6 and won a lot. I'm still not good enough to carry in tier VIII is what it amounts to.

ZhLspfL.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

SpartacusDiablo #29 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:08 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 17650 battles
  • [III-P]

Just to prove you wrong :P

FYI is was playing distracted this game hence my somewhat drunk driving...

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

TonnerreCadien #30 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:42 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 42005 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 09 July 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Fun to watch! There you are running to that corner again after you tell everyone else to take the hill! You truly are a Diablo, Man! This also must be the game you described in an earlier post, where you destroyed untrust____, but green lost, and then you and he tooned for a bit, and you and he kicked some booty.

There was something about this video where I kept wanted to change the view (maybe because you were distracted?) - I kept trying to move the scope. D'oh! I also had to laugh when someone on red said that o7 was a "solute" - hee hee hee.

Thanks for posting!

ZhLspfL.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

Gavidoc01 #31 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:37 AM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 35601 battles
  • [III]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 09 July 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

poor form to say great job team with sarcasm when you didn’t play to your strengths that one. Waited a bit too long to move in and when you did it was too late. 

Edited by Gavidoc01, 10 July 2018 - 03:37 AM.

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

minitel_NA #32 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_Jaq, on 09 July 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

I apologize for my early commentary, I really couldn’t edit it out, and now it is sort of pointless. But I will try again, as stubborn and dumb as I am. 

i sort of agree with Boris and if the way it came out is wrong, it’s both his fault and mine.

Boris stated his opinion, he isn’t expecting this opinion to have more vlues than other’s,  or that you would try to comply. 

i can see in some comments that other people felt some agression, there is none. I feel in your tone that you may be  disappointed or are trying to justify yourself about platoon rate or such. It’s okay to platoon. You did amazing stuff and there is no need to apologize . 

You did play fantastically and the result was a truly brilliant game.. 

The thing is that there are so many people issuing such ace or raseinei videos  and most of them are noobs who got a lucky game. To the untrained eye there is no difference between luck and good gameplay.  meaning only good players will be able to teall a good play from a bad play, and this is where a good player commentary is priceless. Noobs won’t progreess from watching (if they even cared watching lol). 

That is why the  commentary usually is what makes a great blitz video. saying where you take ur cues, how you analyse the situation and anticipate, decision making etc... I mean, crafting the luck and carving your way out of the situation by using  terrain, movement  and gun.

Great players might not  be great video editors,  and this is where people judge bushka as a player, which is pointless :  he is the best videomaker in blitz, period. He is TV broadcast worthy, and he is the only one.   Making a video takes a lot of technical knowledge, artistical skills, and time and practice. And this is what transforms a great replay into a great video/movie (technically and artistically). 

I am barely a decent player, and suck at making videos and it take me much effort for a bad result. Both in game and in video making  I only know what the result should be and I can’t do it hahaha... To think that some people issue several video per week. It baffles me. I just can’t.

in any case the point is :

• if you like making your videos there is no reason to change. 
  • If you want to share your insights with the viewers, then commenting takes a lot of effort, but also makes a much deeper sharing of the excitement of the game and the knowledge it takes to make such a game. 

Hope this makes it somewhat clearer. Sorry for being such an obsessive nerd. 

congrats on the good games, keep the good work !

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

minitel_NA #33 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 10 July 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

Hahahaha

i love the intro :) 

i don’t think u played bad but clearly u panicked, got distracted or clumsy in the end. I’m a very clumsy player. :/

Edited by minitel_NA, 10 July 2018 - 06:26 AM.

minitel_NA #34 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostGavidoc01, on 10 July 2018 - 03:37 AM, said:

poor form to say great job team with sarcasm when you didn’t play to your strengths that one. Waited a bit too long to move in and when you did it was too late. 

I can see your point. 

But personally I play a lot like Spartacus. I might do early spotting runs, but on this map it’s not necessary.

I think in the end staying in the distance could have won the game, rather than rushing (late) into the 3 enemies, and then trying to escape. also text and drive have costed me a few games... but can we resist the urge ?

Gavidoc01 #35 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 35601 battles
  • [III]

View Postminitel_NA, on 10 July 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

I can see your point. 

But personally I play a lot like Spartacus. I might do early spotting runs, but on this map it’s not necessary.

I think in the end staying in the distance could have won the game, rather than rushing (late) into the 3 enemies, and then trying to escape. also text and drive have costed me a few games... but can we resist the urge ?

he played it right at the beginning. There were a couple of times in the middle where he sat and waited to reload vs repositioning while reloading. One example: the IS6. He dropped two shots into him rolling down the hill and had no more so reloaded. If he’d been closer he could have made that last shot then fell back to reload. This would have allowed him to not take the hit from the is6 later in the battle because of the low roll he got. Not taking that is6 shot means he has enough hp to face the amx at the end and gives him a good chance with the final tiger. 

Armchair analysis is easy. It’s just not the best to call out your team when you as an indivual contributor could have done more. 

Edited by Gavidoc01, 10 July 2018 - 10:47 AM.

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

SpartacusDiablo #36 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 17650 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostGavidoc01, on 10 July 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

he played it right at the beginning. There were a couple of times in the middle where he sat and waited to reload vs repositioning while reloading. One example: the IS6. He dropped two shots into him rolling down the hill and had no more so reloaded. If he’d been closer he could have made that last shot then fell back to reload. This would have allowed him to not take the hit from the is6 later in the battle because of the low roll he got. Not taking that is6 shot means he has enough hp to face the amx at the end and gives him a good chance with the final tiger. 

Armchair analysis is easy. It’s just not the best to call out your team when you as an indivual contributor could have done more. 

Grumpy moods lead to grumpy comments.  I definitely could have played better but it is what it is.  I wish I had screenshots of the after action report... Trust me, the team deserved a snarky remark.

minitel_NA #37 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 10 July 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

Grumpy moods lead to grumpy comments.  I definitely could have played better but it is what it is.  I wish I had screenshots of the after action report... Trust me, the team deserved a snarky remark.

It’s fine. I think the point of watching games were we messed up, either badly, either by small increments, is to check those mistakes  and avoid making them in the future.  Except the 75%ers who really make close to no mistakes, everyone else would progress by watching failed games, and we don’t do it enough. 

Its called learning, but most of the time we avoid doing it because we are feeble human being with big egos lol. honestly I appreciated that video more than the (M) and other smooth videos where all goes well and there was no struggle or mistake. 

Regardless what happened in the middle, it reminds me that I do ruin a lot of good games by rushing toward the enemy when I’m solo vs3. Sometimes it’s the hope of saving my last teammates, sometimes it’s the urge to remove one easy kill, but most of the time it ends up me getting tracked or stuck into a wall and 3 noobs ra[]ing me.

:/ 

4sfield #38 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29316 battles
  • [-1]

View Postminitel_NA, on 10 July 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

It’s fine. I think the point of watching games were we messed up, either badly, either by small increments, is to check those mistakes  and avoid making them in the future.  Except the 75%ers who really make close to no mistakes, everyone else would progress by watching failed games, and we don’t do it enough. 

Its called learning, but most of the time we avoid doing it because we are feeble human being with big egos lol. honestly I appreciated that video more than the (M) and other smooth videos where all goes well and there was no struggle or mistake. 

Regardless what happened in the middle, it reminds me that I do ruin a lot of good games by rushing toward the enemy when I’m solo vs3. Sometimes it’s the hope of saving my last teammates, sometimes it’s the urge to remove one easy kill, but most of the time it ends up me getting tracked or stuck into a wall and 3 noobs ra[]ing me.

:/ 

I agree, good post. Posting a game is easy but taking criticism can be hard. He’s a big enough man to not get upset about it. The guys here were all big enough to beat up on him as well. Like Gav said, “armchair analysis is easy” after pointing out some of the things that he could have done better. Those are the things we’re looking for and I’d like to think we all understand that it isn’t personal. 

I’ve had a lot of games lately that were worthy of posting and asking what everyone thought. I’m still trying to get over my insecurity about it though because I can go back, self evaluate and see things on my own that I could have done better. I should be posting them anyway. This has been a helpful thread, maybe we need an “Official Replay Analysis” sponsored by SD where we can all post and wait in feedback, we just need to keep it civil. When I get over myself, I’ll join in. I could always use the help and and the insight everyone has could help us all. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

minitel_NA #39 Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post4sfield, on 10 July 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

I agree, good post. Posting a game is easy but taking criticism can be hard. He’s a big enough man to not get upset about it. The guys here were all big enough to beat up on him as well. Like Gav said, “armchair analysis is easy” after pointing out some of the things that he could have done better. Those are the things we’re looking for and I’d like to think we all understand that it isn’t personal. 

I’ve had a lot of games lately that were worthy of posting and asking what everyone thought. I’m still trying to get over my insecurity about it though because I can go back, self evaluate and see things on my own that I could have done better. I should be posting them anyway. This has been a helpful thread, maybe we need an “Official Replay Analysis” sponsored by SD where we can all post and wait in feedback, we just need to keep it civil. When I get over myself, I’ll join in. I could always use the help and and the insight everyone has could help us all. 

why I can’t say it like that ?

+1

SpartacusDiablo #40 Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 17650 battles
  • [III-P]
Having the ability to separate the bombastic tripe from the good information is hard to learn.  

Best advice I can give is this. It's the internet, if you take anything said here personally, then you are doing it wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users