Consumables guide equipment

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

raellgunawesum #1 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10441 battles
  • [_GG_]

DISCLAIMER***Take what I say with a grain of salt. The info in this guide is based on my analysis and experience, due to a lack of info on the Blitz Wiki, which if you check, only provides pre-3.8 patch info, the post-3.8 link does not work sadly. As a result, if you find anything wrong, feel free to criticize! Just include your reasons and what I can improve on, as I will mess up.        

Introduction/History

A notable thing is the difference between equipment pre-3.8, and post-3.8. I personally played the game before the 3.8 patch, and equipment has changed drastically. Now, you can mount 9 different types of equipment rather than just 3. If you wish to view the pre-3.8 equipment, then you can view it below.

http://wiki.wargamin...quipment_(Blitz)

When the 9 equipment setup was introduced in...3.8, It was a massive change for the game, allowing for more diverse gameplay amongst other things. However, there was a catch in the form of Spare Parts, which were earned from battle, and were used to unlock slots with a timer instead. But players complained about it, and in a recent update, 5.0, Wargaming removed the Spare Parts and the timer. Wargaming did in fact keep the 9 equipment system, as I will call it. And you can probably already see it in action now.

This guide will be organized by tier 1 equipment; equipment in the first row, then tier 2, then so on. It will also be labeled in letters, A--->B--->C in order from left to right. The two different equipment choices in each of 9 equipment options will be called slots.

****These recommendations are made without consideration of what tank you are driving**** (recommended setups are given further down)

Tier 1(A)

Gun Rammer/Ventilation Fan(GR & VF) and Calibrated Shells(CS)

Gun Rammer and Ventilation Fan, share the same slot, and sharing the Tier 1(A) spot with Calibrated Shells, which takes up the second slot. In autoloader tanks, I believe there is no GR option, being replaced by VF instead.

To choose between GR/VF and CS, consider the following.

1. Does your tank have GR or VF as the first option?

2. Is your tank a large caliber “derp”?

If your tank has VF as an option instead of GR

If your tank has VF, chances are it does not have the ability to mount a high caliber derp cannon. This means that you should automatically default to the VF, as it increases virtually every stat of your tank, while CS has little to no effect. However, if you lack penetration, (Frenchy Lights, I’m looking at you) you can mount CS if you want.

Tier 1(B)

Improved Modules & Defense System (IM & DS)

*******An important thing to note here is that IM increases module HP and decreases ram damage, but doesn’t include crew and DS reduces the chance your modules take damage including crew, and reduces chance of getting racked, but does not increase HP******

IM increases the amount of hits your modules can take before they break, as well as decreasing the amount of ram damage you can take. This means that you won’t be tracked as easily, set on fire easily, or have your rate of fire reduced. If you are a light tank operating close to enemy heavies, this is a must have. More info on that later. DS is very similar, but decreases the chance your modules will even take damage in the first place. Best used on tanks with high module HP and durability, such as superheavies like the KV4, E100, and Maus, as they can take module damage, but shrug it off due to there sheer “massiveness”, I guess?

To decide whether to mount IM or DS, consider the following:

Is your vehicle a light tank or a vehicle with low module HP?

Are you hard to damage? / Are you a heavy-superheavy?

1. If you are a light tank or any other vehicle susceptible to module damage, IM is the best way to go, especially if you are a light tank, due to the fact that if you get your tracks blown off, you are usually dead. You also have a low amount of HP meaning that fires are much more devastating to you than to heavies and the like.

2. If you are a heavy or other well armored vehicle, use DS instead. Since you are so slow, you will not usually be able to move out of the line of fire in time, so your best option is to tank the shot(no pun intended). Heavies usually brawl and take repeated hits, so no matter how many hitpoints your modules have, they will break or be damaged eventually. However, if they don’t take damage at all, then they won’t break or damage as easily.

Tier 1©

Improved Optics & Camo Net (IO and CN)

There are no 2 different equipment competing for the same slot now! There are only two choices. Each choice is a perfect counter to the other. IO improves your spotting ability, while CN makes you harder to spot. ****NOTE: I think CN does provide bonuses while you are moving, but they double after you stop, based on the wording in the description)

To choose between IO & CN, consider the following:

What is your vehicle’s role? What does it do in battle? What is your  playstyle?

1. If your vehicle is a TD or some other form of tank that snipes, fights at a distance, etc, then use camo net, as it will make you much harder to spot. If you are a light tank, you should never mount camo net, unless your camo is ****. Or you are a camping scrub. You aren’t right? Good. Moving on!

2. If your vehicle is a scout vehicle, then mount Improved Optics, as your primary role is spotting, and of course, IO helps you do that better. A quick note while we’re still on this: If spotting heavies stay out of their spotting range while keeping them in your spotting range. IO will help with that as well.

3. If you are a heavy tank, then I really don’t know, as you won’t have to spot, so IO is pretty much useless. However, on the other hand, you will be brawling in close quarters most of the time, so camo net is also pretty much useless. My personal recommendation is to mount camo net anyways, so that you aren’t spotted at 200+ meters and gunned down by the enemy. It will help make sure you don’t get spotted at large distances, and will help you avoid being picked off at the beginning of the match. (I have seen it too many times)

Tier 2(A)

Enhanced Gun Laying Drive & SuperCharge (EGLD & SC)

Ugh, that’s a mouthful. EGLD is best used on vehicles that need to go from high speed to no speed quickly and lock on to fire. Ex. Light tanks spot, and when they see an enemy, they must slow down quickly and aim to place the shot. *** SC is best for vehicles that snipe, and works together well with Camo Net. It increases your chance of hitting and penetrating an enemy vehicle, by increasing shell velocity(for hitting moving targets) and decreasing penetration loss(for fighting at a distance).

To figure out which equipment is right for you, consider the following:

Does your vehicle achieve high speeds?

Are you going to encounter enemies unexpectedly?

Are you sniping?

1. If your vehicle regularly achieves high speeds, then EGLD is the best option for you, do to the fact that it allows you to aim faster after moving. Remember, the faster you move, the bigger your dispersion circle gets.

2. If you encounter enemies unexpectedly a lot,then EGLD is your best bet, so you can fire and fall back before your enemies can hit you accurately. Best for scouting tanks, which are fast in general, and so gain another bonus!

3. If you are sniping(over 100m), then use SC. Penetration power drops of very quickly after 100m, and SC will help limit the amount of penetration loss. It will also increase your chances of striking moving targets, as your shell takes less time to reach the enemy vehicle.

Tier 2(B)

Strengthened Armor and Improved Assembly (SA & IA)

SA and IA both increase the survivability of your vehicle, albeit with different methods. The choice between the two is tricky, as having more armor is nice, but if you get penetrated, then your equipment is mounted for nothing. More HP is also good, but the increase is rather incremental, and the benefits are usually not apparent. Since both are raised by a percentage of your vehicle’s existing stats, it is advised to check them first.

In order to decide between SA and IA, consider the following:

Does your tank have a decent-high base armor value?

Are you a light tank?

Do you have a large HP pool?

1. If your tank has a decent-high base armor value, it is usually a heavy tank, or a heavy medium. Thus, since the base armor value is high, SA would have a greater effect than say, on a light tank.

2. If you are a light tank, then you will probably want to mount IA, as you have a very low base armor stat, thus meaning that SA will not have a great effect. Seeing as to how you already have a small HP pool, it is generally advised to use IA to get as much HP as possible. Notable exceptions are the low tier French lights and the Valentine II.

**This also ties in with having a large HP pool**

Tier 2©

Improved Control and Engine Accelerator(IC & EA)

IC and EA both improve the maneuverability of your tanks. IC raises turning speed by 10%, and EA increases engine power by about 5%. This makes it rather difficult to choose between the two, since IC only increases turn speed and EA increases both turn speed and engine power(turn speed is increased by half as much as IC). The key to picking between the two is to look at how fast your tank turns. Since IC only increases turn speed, tanks with a low degrees/second turn speed should not use this, as the benefits would be marginal. In this case, it would generally be better advised to use EA for more engine power and acceleration. However, this isn’t such a simple debate, as a slow turning tank could benefit from IC to avoid being flanked. Medium tanks can benefit from both, so it depends on whether or not you are a fast or slow medium.

To choose between IC & EA, please consider the following:

1. Is your tank a slow turning tank?

If yes, then proceed to question 3. If not, then proceed to question 2.

1. Is it a fast light tank?

2. Does your tank have strong sides?

3. Is it a medium?

• IF your vehicle is a fast light tank, then mount IC, because you can most likely already accelerate well enough. (I get there are exceptions, but mount IC anyway) And tanks with a fast turn such as the Leopard and LTTB can gain 8 degrees of extra turn speed from this!

• IF your vehicle is slow turning, but it has strong sides, then mount EA, since it will allow you to reach high speeds faster. Thanks to the strong sides of your vehicle, ex.KV4, enemy flanking attacks are much less effective.

• IF your vehicle does not have strong sides, then it’s really just your choice and preferences. Mount whichever one suits your playstyle and experience the best. Feel free to experiment!

• IF your tank is a medium, then observe the speed. Meds like the Cromwell, with high speeds and acceleration should mount IC, as they already accelerate well enough. Since meds usually are well rounded, IC & EA both work equally well, so again, it’s really just your preference and combat experience.

Tier 3(A)

Vertical Stabilizer and Refined Gun(VS & RG)

You may begin to see a trend here. IC & EA both increase maneuverability, GR/VF & CS both increase firepower/shot effectiveness. And just like the other 2, VS and RG both improve, you guessed it, accuracy, with VS reducing dispersion while on the move and RG decreasing dispersion overall. Like with IC & EA, VS decreases dispersion more than RG increases your chance of hitting. (VS decreases dispersion on the move by 15%). The description doesn’t state how much RG increases your chance of hitting.

In order to choose between VS & RG, consider the following:

1. Is your tank a sniper?

If no, proceed to question 2. If yes, then proceed to question 4.

1. Are you a scout tank/light?

2. Are you a heavy? A brawler?

3. Does your gun naturally have high/low dispersion?

• IF your tank is a scout/light tank, mount VS, due to the fact that you will be moving at high speeds, where dispersion is an issue. RG also has little to no effect on a light tank, since you will usually be up close and personal with the enemy, meaning that you will pretty much always hit.

• IF you are a heavy/brawler, mount VS, so that you can pop out and pop back in faster, since you don’t need to take as long to aim, and again, you are in your enemy’s face so you don’t really need accuracy. The exception to this is high dispersion derp cannons, in EX.KV2, you may want the additional accuracy.

• IF your gun is naturally accurate, Ex.German sniper guns, you may want to mount VS, since your gun is already so accurate, you don’t need RG to hit. VS would give you the additional benefit of being able to relocate quickly, but also able to aim quickly, or even fire on the move. If your gun is not, then mount RG so you can hit the enemy’s weak spots more reliably.

Tier 3(B)

Enhanced Tracks and ToolBox(ET & TB)

ET and TB improve, yep, modules. ET is especially useful to vehicle with weak tracks, as it increases their durability, but also repairs tracks from destroyed to standard condition skipping the damaged stage, which is rather helpful. TB increases repair speed of all modules from destroyed to damaged by 30%. In order to choose between ET & TB, you’re gonna have to take a look at modules, which is kinda hard, since there aren’t really a list of hit points or anything.

In order to choose between ET & TB, consider the following:

1. Do your tank’s tracks seem like they came from the Dollar Store?

2. Do your tank’s modules get critically damaged easily?

3. Are you in a low tier match or high tier match?

• IF your tank’s tracks came from the dollar store, then  it would be better advised to choose the ET to one, protect your tracks from breakage, and two, to allow your tracks to be repaired to standard condition.

• IF your modules are critically damaged very easily, then TB is the way to go! This way, you can quickly get your modules back into action without needing to use Repair Kits.

• The only exception to the rule above is if you are in a low tier match, since your modules will repair faster, so there is pretty much no need for TB. In this case, go ahead and mount ET. (or you could not mount anything)

Tier 3©

Consumable Delivery System and High End Consumables(CDS & HEC)

HEC no, I’m not going to say that out! (Pun intended). CDS allows you to use your consumables more often by reducing cooldown time. On the other end of the table, HEC makes your consumables last longer. This is good for vehicles that are heavily dependent on consumables with timers.

In order to choose between CDS & HEC, consider the following:

1. Is your vehicle consumable dependent/aided in battle?

2. Do you use consumables with timers, or things like repair kits?

• IF your vehicle depends a lot on consumables during combat, and it is a timered consumable, then use HEC to increase the duration, since most 1v1 battles won’t last long enough for a consumable’s cooldown to finish.

• IF your consumables aren’t timered, then CDS would be the obvious choice, as HEC would not do anything really.

• OR you could just not mount it, because it’s the last tier. You don’t need to access the tier below it. Most of my tanks don’t have the CDS or HEC mounted.

Hope this was informative and all, please tell me what I did wrong, because I know there are some wrong things.

Signed:

---Rael

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 21888 battles
  • [NOGUD]
:popcorn:

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

slayer_____ #3 Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 35169 battles
  • [ATA2D]
Possibly the longest post ever. I took a nap scrolling down. 

__The_Dude_30__ #4 Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

The Dude of Dudes

• Players
  • 16225 battles
  • [C4UEL]
Even if some of it is wrong, I just respect the amount of time that probably went into this.

C4UEL Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L/C4UEL discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Zuke76 #5 Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14185 battles
  • [SR-71]
No I am not going to read it with that huge of font, can't see anything XD

Edited by Zuke76, 08 July 2018 - 04:25 PM.

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

Jonny_applesauce #6 Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6194 battles
  • [CLEAR]
Nice, I appreciate the time you spent to talk logically about most of these things

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

Dark_Magician_Girl #7 Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:39 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 26476 battles
  • [_STR8]

A decent amount of this information is inaccurate and would actually steer players away from making good equipment choices.

OP, I suggest you play more battles first and learn more about game mechanics.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

Mr_Mayhem71 #8 Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:04 PM

Meet Mr Mayhem

• Players
  • 36341 battles
  • [AAD]

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 08 July 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Even if some of it is wrong, I just respect the amount of time that probably went into this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IHPBooD.gif
Working as intended 

LordManaz #9 Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32698 battles
  • [HVC]
all my tanks has almost the same equipment

Maybe the worst noob in NA

raellgunawesum #10 Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10441 battles
  • [_GG_]
If you could, could you try to include where I went wrong so I can correct it? That would be great Thanks!

Signed:

---Rael

__Crusader6__ #11 Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:31 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 53417 battles
  • [III]

EGLD for instance.    Your tank needs to be stationary for 5 seconds before it starts to work. 

How many tanks want to do that? 

That also includes turret movement (if applicable). 

I have EGLD on nothing for instance.   

Because if I am stationary for a while - it’s rarely that long - and if it is - I’m probably shooting far enough away that Super Charge is better...  

Tank Hoarder: 340 tanks in Garage:  343/343 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

raellgunawesum #12 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10441 battles
  • [_GG_]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 08 July 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

EGLD for instance.    Your tank needs to be stationary for 5 seconds before it starts to work. 

How many tanks want to do that? 

That also includes turret movement (if applicable). 

I have EGLD on nothing for instance.   

Because if I am stationary for a while - it’s rarely that long - and if it is - I’m probably shooting far enough away that Super Charge is better...  

so you need to be stationary for it to kick in? Huh, Wargaming didn't word it really well then. Anyway, thank you very much for the feedback. Very helpful!

Signed:

---Rael

Ookla_the_Mok #13 Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:51 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 27247 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postraellgunawesum, on 08 July 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

DISCLAIMER***Take what I say with a grain of salt. The info in this guide is based on my analysis and experience, due to a lack of info on the Blitz Wiki, which if you check, only provides pre-3.8 patch info, the post-3.8 link does not work sadly. As a result, if you find anything wrong, feel free to criticize! Just include your reasons and what I can improve on, as I will mess up.        

Introduction/History

A notable thing is the difference between equipment pre-3.8, and post-3.8. I personally played the game before the 3.8 patch, and equipment has changed drastically. Now, you can mount 9 different types of equipment rather than just 3. If you wish to view the pre-3.8 equipment, then you can view it below.

http://wiki.wargamin...quipment_(Blitz)

When the 9 equipment setup was introduced in...3.8, It was a massive change for the game, allowing for more diverse gameplay amongst other things. However, there was a catch in the form of Spare Parts, which were earned from battle, and were used to unlock slots with a timer instead. But players complained about it, and in a recent update, 5.0, Wargaming removed the Spare Parts and the timer. Wargaming did in fact keep the 9 equipment system, as I will call it. And you can probably already see it in action now.

This guide will be organized by tier 1 equipment; equipment in the first row, then tier 2, then so on. It will also be labeled in letters, A--->B--->C in order from left to right. The two different equipment choices in each of 9 equipment options will be called slots.

****These recommendations are made without consideration of what tank you are driving**** (recommended setups are given further down)

Tier 1(A)

Gun Rammer/Ventilation Fan(GR & VF) and Calibrated Shells(CS)

Gun Rammer and Ventilation Fan, share the same slot, and sharing the Tier 1(A) spot with Calibrated Shells, which takes up the second slot. In autoloader tanks, I believe there is no GR option, being replaced by VF instead.

To choose between GR/VF and CS, consider the following.

1. Does your tank have GR or VF as the first option?

2. Is your tank a large caliber “derp”?

If your tank has VF as an option instead of GR

If your tank has VF, chances are it does not have the ability to mount a high caliber derp cannon. This means that you should automatically default to the VF, as it increases virtually every stat of your tank, while CS has little to no effect. However, if you lack penetration, (Frenchy Lights, I’m looking at you) you can mount CS if you want.

Tier 1(B)

Improved Modules & Defense System (IM & DS)

*******An important thing to note here is that IM increases module HP and decreases ram damage, but doesn’t include crew and DS reduces the chance your modules take damage including crew, and reduces chance of getting racked, but does not increase HP******

IM increases the amount of hits your modules can take before they break, as well as decreasing the amount of ram damage you can take. This means that you won’t be tracked as easily, set on fire easily, or have your rate of fire reduced. If you are a light tank operating close to enemy heavies, this is a must have. More info on that later. DS is very similar, but decreases the chance your modules will even take damage in the first place. Best used on tanks with high module HP and durability, such as superheavies like the KV4, E100, and Maus, as they can take module damage, but shrug it off due to there sheer “massiveness”, I guess?

To decide whether to mount IM or DS, consider the following:

Is your vehicle a light tank or a vehicle with low module HP?

Are you hard to damage? / Are you a heavy-superheavy?

1. If you are a light tank or any other vehicle susceptible to module damage, IM is the best way to go, especially if you are a light tank, due to the fact that if you get your tracks blown off, you are usually dead. You also have a low amount of HP meaning that fires are much more devastating to you than to heavies and the like.

2. If you are a heavy or other well armored vehicle, use DS instead. Since you are so slow, you will not usually be able to move out of the line of fire in time, so your best option is to tank the shot(no pun intended). Heavies usually brawl and take repeated hits, so no matter how many hitpoints your modules have, they will break or be damaged eventually. However, if they don’t take damage at all, then they won’t break or damage as easily.

Tier 1©

Improved Optics & Camo Net (IO and CN)

There are no 2 different equipment competing for the same slot now! There are only two choices. Each choice is a perfect counter to the other. IO improves your spotting ability, while CN makes you harder to spot. ****NOTE: I think CN does provide bonuses while you are moving, but they double after you stop, based on the wording in the description)

To choose between IO & CN, consider the following:

What is your vehicle’s role? What does it do in battle? What is your  playstyle?

1. If your vehicle is a TD or some other form of tank that snipes, fights at a distance, etc, then use camo net, as it will make you much harder to spot. If you are a light tank, you should never mount camo net, unless your camo is ****. Or you are a camping scrub. You aren’t right? Good. Moving on!

2. If your vehicle is a scout vehicle, then mount Improved Optics, as your primary role is spotting, and of course, IO helps you do that better. A quick note while we’re still on this: If spotting heavies stay out of their spotting range while keeping them in your spotting range. IO will help with that as well.

3. If you are a heavy tank, then I really don’t know, as you won’t have to spot, so IO is pretty much useless. However, on the other hand, you will be brawling in close quarters most of the time, so camo net is also pretty much useless. My personal recommendation is to mount camo net anyways, so that you aren’t spotted at 200+ meters and gunned down by the enemy. It will help make sure you don’t get spotted at large distances, and will help you avoid being picked off at the beginning of the match. (I have seen it too many times)

Tier 2(A)

Enhanced Gun Laying Drive & SuperCharge (EGLD & SC)

Ugh, that’s a mouthful. EGLD is best used on vehicles that need to go from high speed to no speed quickly and lock on to fire. Ex. Light tanks spot, and when they see an enemy, they must slow down quickly and aim to place the shot. *** SC is best for vehicles that snipe, and works together well with Camo Net. It increases your chance of hitting and penetrating an enemy vehicle, by increasing shell velocity(for hitting moving targets) and decreasing penetration loss(for fighting at a distance).

To figure out which equipment is right for you, consider the following:

Does your vehicle achieve high speeds?

Are you going to encounter enemies unexpectedly?

Are you sniping?

1. If your vehicle regularly achieves high speeds, then EGLD is the best option for you, do to the fact that it allows you to aim faster after moving. Remember, the faster you move, the bigger your dispersion circle gets.

2. If you encounter enemies unexpectedly a lot,then EGLD is your best bet, so you can fire and fall back before your enemies can hit you accurately. Best for scouting tanks, which are fast in general, and so gain another bonus!

3. If you are sniping(over 100m), then use SC. Penetration power drops of very quickly after 100m, and SC will help limit the amount of penetration loss. It will also increase your chances of striking moving targets, as your shell takes less time to reach the enemy vehicle.

Tier 2(B)

Strengthened Armor and Improved Assembly (SA & IA)

SA and IA both increase the survivability of your vehicle, albeit with different methods. The choice between the two is tricky, as having more armor is nice, but if you get penetrated, then your equipment is mounted for nothing. More HP is also good, but the increase is rather incremental, and the benefits are usually not apparent. Since both are raised by a percentage of your vehicle’s existing stats, it is advised to check them first.

In order to decide between SA and IA, consider the following:

Does your tank have a decent-high base armor value?

Are you a light tank?

Do you have a large HP pool?

1. If your tank has a decent-high base armor value, it is usually a heavy tank, or a heavy medium. Thus, since the base armor value is high, SA would have a greater effect than say, on a light tank.

2. If you are a light tank, then you will probably want to mount IA, as you have a very low base armor stat, thus meaning that SA will not have a great effect. Seeing as to how you already have a small HP pool, it is generally advised to use IA to get as much HP as possible. Notable exceptions are the low tier French lights and the Valentine II.

**This also ties in with having a large HP pool**

Tier 2©

Improved Control and Engine Accelerator(IC & EA)

IC and EA both improve the maneuverability of your tanks. IC raises turning speed by 10%, and EA increases engine power by about 5%. This makes it rather difficult to choose between the two, since IC only increases turn speed and EA increases both turn speed and engine power(turn speed is increased by half as much as IC). The key to picking between the two is to look at how fast your tank turns. Since IC only increases turn speed, tanks with a low degrees/second turn speed should not use this, as the benefits would be marginal. In this case, it would generally be better advised to use EA for more engine power and acceleration. However, this isn’t such a simple debate, as a slow turning tank could benefit from IC to avoid being flanked. Medium tanks can benefit from both, so it depends on whether or not you are a fast or slow medium.

To choose between IC & EA, please consider the following:

1. Is your tank a slow turning tank?

If yes, then proceed to question 3. If not, then proceed to question 2.

1. Is it a fast light tank?

2. Does your tank have strong sides?

3. Is it a medium?

• IF your vehicle is a fast light tank, then mount IC, because you can most likely already accelerate well enough. (I get there are exceptions, but mount IC anyway) And tanks with a fast turn such as the Leopard and LTTB can gain 8 degrees of extra turn speed from this!

• IF your vehicle is slow turning, but it has strong sides, then mount EA, since it will allow you to reach high speeds faster. Thanks to the strong sides of your vehicle, ex.KV4, enemy flanking attacks are much less effective.

• IF your vehicle does not have strong sides, then it’s really just your choice and preferences. Mount whichever one suits your playstyle and experience the best. Feel free to experiment!

• IF your tank is a medium, then observe the speed. Meds like the Cromwell, with high speeds and acceleration should mount IC, as they already accelerate well enough. Since meds usually are well rounded, IC & EA both work equally well, so again, it’s really just your preference and combat experience.

Tier 3(A)

Vertical Stabilizer and Refined Gun(VS & RG)

You may begin to see a trend here. IC & EA both increase maneuverability, GR/VF & CS both increase firepower/shot effectiveness. And just like the other 2, VS and RG both improve, you guessed it, accuracy, with VS reducing dispersion while on the move and RG decreasing dispersion overall. Like with IC & EA, VS decreases dispersion more than RG increases your chance of hitting. (VS decreases dispersion on the move by 15%). The description doesn’t state how much RG increases your chance of hitting.

In order to choose between VS & RG, consider the following:

1. Is your tank a sniper?

If no, proceed to question 2. If yes, then proceed to question 4.

1. Are you a scout tank/light?

2. Are you a heavy? A brawler?

3. Does your gun naturally have high/low dispersion?

• IF your tank is a scout/light tank, mount VS, due to the fact that you will be moving at high speeds, where dispersion is an issue. RG also has little to no effect on a light tank, since you will usually be up close and personal with the enemy, meaning that you will pretty much always hit.

• IF you are a heavy/brawler, mount VS, so that you can pop out and pop back in faster, since you don’t need to take as long to aim, and again, you are in your enemy’s face so you don’t really need accuracy. The exception to this is high dispersion derp cannons, in EX.KV2, you may want the additional accuracy.

• IF your gun is naturally accurate, Ex.German sniper guns, you may want to mount VS, since your gun is already so accurate, you don’t need RG to hit. VS would give you the additional benefit of being able to relocate quickly, but also able to aim quickly, or even fire on the move. If your gun is not, then mount RG so you can hit the enemy’s weak spots more reliably.

Tier 3(B)

Enhanced Tracks and ToolBox(ET & TB)

ET and TB improve, yep, modules. ET is especially useful to vehicle with weak tracks, as it increases their durability, but also repairs tracks from destroyed to standard condition skipping the damaged stage, which is rather helpful. TB increases repair speed of all modules from destroyed to damaged by 30%. In order to choose between ET & TB, you’re gonna have to take a look at modules, which is kinda hard, since there aren’t really a list of hit points or anything.

In order to choose between ET & TB, consider the following:

1. Do your tank’s tracks seem like they came from the Dollar Store?

2. Do your tank’s modules get critically damaged easily?

3. Are you in a low tier match or high tier match?

• IF your tank’s tracks came from the dollar store, then  it would be better advised to choose the ET to one, protect your tracks from breakage, and two, to allow your tracks to be repaired to standard condition.

• IF your modules are critically damaged very easily, then TB is the way to go! This way, you can quickly get your modules back into action without needing to use Repair Kits.

• The only exception to the rule above is if you are in a low tier match, since your modules will repair faster, so there is pretty much no need for TB. In this case, go ahead and mount ET. (or you could not mount anything)

Tier 3©

Consumable Delivery System and High End Consumables(CDS & HEC)

HEC no, I’m not going to say that out! (Pun intended). CDS allows you to use your consumables more often by reducing cooldown time. On the other end of the table, HEC makes your consumables last longer. This is good for vehicles that are heavily dependent on consumables with timers.

In order to choose between CDS & HEC, consider the following:

1. Is your vehicle consumable dependent/aided in battle?

2. Do you use consumables with timers, or things like repair kits?

• IF your vehicle depends a lot on consumables during combat, and it is a timered consumable, then use HEC to increase the duration, since most 1v1 battles won’t last long enough for a consumable’s cooldown to finish.

• IF your consumables aren’t timered, then CDS would be the obvious choice, as HEC would not do anything really.

• OR you could just not mount it, because it’s the last tier. You don’t need to access the tier below it. Most of my tanks don’t have the CDS or HEC mounted.

Hope this was informative and all, please tell me what I did wrong, because I know there are some wrong things.

Normally I hate to quote a huge post, but this has to be done...

STOP making guides if they are going to be full of poor information. It is not helpful nor productive. The large font and system of organization does not improve the content.

I am all for players trying to improve the forums with content and I will contribute where I can, but we must also nip misguided "here is a guide I tossed together for no damned reason and it might suck" if we want players confused or overwhelmed by the game to get better.

[BRSKT] wants to put moist, succulent meat in your mouth.

ZebraUp #14 Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:07 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16110 battles
  • [_UF_]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 08 July 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

A decent amount of this information is inaccurate and would actually steer players away from making good equipment choices.

OP, I suggest you play more battles first and learn more about game mechanics.

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 08 July 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Normally I hate to quote a huge post, but this has to be done...

STOP making guides if they are going to be full of poor information. It is not helpful nor productive. The large font and system of organization does not improve the content.

I am all for players trying to improve the forums with content and I will contribute where I can, but we must also nip misguided "here is a guide I tossed together for no damned reason and it might suck" if we want players confused or overwhelmed by the game to get better.

This..

& a couple of other forumers, one of whom actually wrote a chunk of the WarGaming guide, ain't put their 2¢ in yet.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Dan_Deerso #15 Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:10 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21086 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostZebraUp, on 09 July 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

This..

& a couple of other forumers, one of whom actually wrote a chunk of the WarGaming guide, ain't put their 2¢ in yet.

I gave up when he referenced to "ventilation fans", they're literally named "Improved vents" in the game client.

Also tagged with Consumables, guide, equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users