• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Kiser_Sosei #21 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 27809 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 11 July 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

My aggressive nature starts to catch up with me in those tiers.  Also I've been playing my SP a lot and I struggle to carry in it.

Honestly it seems like the slower a tank goes the more I struggle in it.

Same for me, I like lights and fast meds. But playing more heavies taught me patience and better positioning. Then try to bring that experience to to your light play.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

iRaikkonen #22 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26366 battles
  • [SCAMO]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 11 July 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

Thanks man, this is what I'm looking for.  

You're right about grinding. Right now the only active grind tanks I  have are the 13/90 and the Pershing.

As far as spot rate goes... The biggest problem I have in Pub matches is that if I don't scout, who will?  

As far as the platoon rate goes I personally don't see it as the crutch that other players do.  I have personally noticed that I tend to do worse platooning then solo.  I find myself making plays that I normally wouldn't make to assist a toon mate in need.  Sometimes these moves cost me. I honestly think I play smarter solo.

I appreciate all of your feedback.

I really feel that. The idea that if you don’t spot, then nobody will. I think I tend to lose a lot of games by trying to be too aggressive too early. I think generally most teams will spot tanks but it may take 10-15 seconds longer than what you may be expecting. Patience is the key. It’s not a bad idea to stay more passive in these games and farm while others spot for you. That way you have more hp late game and can have a better chance at clutching. 

Platooning only effects win rate and can either raise or lower your damage. Personally I never think this matters unless there is a huge difference between the expected damage for the win rate. Aka if you average 1500 in the Pershing but have 85% it’s because someone is doing an insane job of carrying you lol. Stats overall aren’t crazy meaningful until tier x anyways so don’t worry too much

SpartacusDiablo #23 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16321 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostiRaikkonen, on 11 July 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

I really feel that. The idea that if you don’t spot, then nobody will. I think I tend to lose a lot of games by trying to be too aggressive too early. I think generally most teams will spot tanks but it may take 10-15 seconds longer than what you may be expecting. Patience is the key. It’s not a bad idea to stay more passive in these games and farm while others spot for you. That way you have more hp late game and can have a better chance at clutching. 

Platooning only effects win rate and can either raise or lower your damage. Personally I never think this matters unless there is a huge difference between the expected damage for the win rate. Aka if you average 1500 in the Pershing but have 85% it’s because someone is doing an insane job of carrying you lol. Stats overall aren’t crazy meaningful until tier x anyways so don’t worry too much

Thanks again.  I appreciate it.

If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Fu_Manchu_ #24 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10148 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Well, your stats are better than mine in every way except average tier (slight edge for me) and win rate (also slight edge for me, but I toon more)...so nothing to say here.

It's rare that I see a person who plays even more aggressively than me and is still successful, but it would appear that you fit that bill. We should toon more and be aggressive idiots together :D

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 11 July 2018 - 02:53 PM.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222

BobboEvans #25 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 40225 battles
I’m going to comment based on what I see... not what I can actually do... I’m a noob, too.

Your average damage seems low (1341) for the average tier (6.72). I would expect this to approach 1500. In fact, I’m shocked that your win rate is so high... this could be the fact you are tooning a lot as mentioned by others.

Damage ratio goal should be higher. I would shoot for 1.8 - 2.0 at that average tier. If you want to be a true uni... 2.5.

Most of your games in last 30 days are in Super Pershing (82). At tier 8, your avg damage shouldn’t be 1467. Should be closer to 1600-1800 (2k if want uni stats). Damage ratio is 1.33 (not good). You’re doing 300ish DPM which means you’re not getting into the fight quickly enough.

Second most battles in Crom B. Your avg damage is reasonable but your damage ratio is low. You’re brawling too much in a paper tank (survival at 48%). This is odd given your Super Pershing stats for a tank with OP med armor where you don’t brawl.

That’s all I got. I’m done throwing rocks in my glass house.

Edited by BobboEvans, 11 July 2018 - 03:28 PM.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

NICKEL_AND_DIME #26 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 49791 battles
  • [III]

View PostBobboEvans, on 11 July 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

I’m going to comment based on what I see... not what I can actually do... I’m a noob, too.

Your average damage seems low (1341) for the average tier (6.72). I would expect this to approach 1500. In fact, I’m shocked that your win rate is so high... this could be the fact you are tooning a lot as mentioned by others.

Damage ratio goal should be higher. I would shoot for 1.8 - 2.0 at that average tier. If you want to be a true uni... 2.5.

Most of your games in last 30 days are in Super Pershing (82). At tier 8, your avg damage shouldn’t be 1467. Should be closer to 1600-1800 (2k if want uni stats). Damage ratio is 1.33 (not good). You’re doing 300ish DPM which means you’re not getting into the fight quickly enough.

Second most battles in Crom B. Your avg damage is reasonable but your damage ratio is low. You’re brawling too much in a paper tank (survival at 48%). This is odd given your Super Pershing stats for a tank with OP med armor.

That’s all I got. I’m done throwing rocks in my glass house.

To improve on those metrics, he needs to be initiated into the Society.

BobboEvans #27 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 40225 battles

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 11 July 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

To improve on those metrics, he needs to be initiated into the Society.

Slow down.  Even my uni suggestions aren’t Society worthy.  These were all reasonable for a player not getting the benefits of The Society.  Society members are sporting the 2.8 DR at 9.5 avg tier and 3200-3500 avg damage.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

MudkipAtWar #28 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

T1 best heavy tank

• Players
  • 18060 battles
  • [FL-TH]
I was about to make a copycat one of these until I say my toonrate got inflated to 52 percent because of the event...

Edited by MudkipAtWar, 11 July 2018 - 03:34 PM.

The ship is sinking

Time to find another boat

Rest in piece FLEET

bg2b #29 Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 18051 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBobboEvans, on 11 July 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

You’re doing 300ish DPM which means you’re not getting into the fight quickly enough.

I never knew what that stat might be good for, so thanks for an insight.  Presumably that number should also go up with tier, yes?  Is the stat based on total battle duration, or minutes before you die, or minutes before you exit to the garage?  (I think you misread or mistyped something though, since his recent DPM average is around 500.)

AsianSensati0n #30 Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13113 battles
  • [DMG69]
Lol youre playing low tiers
Falcons blew a 17 point lead vs Jay Cutler

MRobertsRCS #31 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 29395 battles
  • [501DV]

You’re doing great.  The 30-60-90 day change is all positive, so keep up whatever you’re doing.  

Having improvement in every metric consistantly is an accomplishment in itself.  Well done. 

My E4 has a cup holder            

SpartacusDiablo #32 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16321 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostMRobertsRCS, on 11 July 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

You’re doing great.  The 30-60-90 day change is all positive, so keep up whatever you’re doing.  

Having improvement in every metric consistantly is an accomplishment in itself.  Well done. 

Thank you :)

If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Charfyee #33 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6048 battles
  • [22ND2]
Check out my new thread

HumanCoookie #34 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13203 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 11 July 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

May I trouble you for some constructive criticism of my 30 day performance?  Pull no punches.  Give it to me straight. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

https://www.blitzsta...SpartacusDiablo

Average damage a bit low for 30d, but then again probably due to (hopefully) a good toonmate that is doing damage as well. Basically means damage is shared between both of you, instead of solo usually just you. Rule of thumb is to always keep your gun firing. The more times you fire at someone and do damage higher chance of winning. If you’re playing in a fast reloading tank take those chance shots. If you are playing in a long reload tank, probably don’t if you think it won’t connect. 

Spotting is pretty good. Over spotting might scare team mates, but I’d spot anyway. Shooting enemies getting to key positions after spoting is key. And some spotting positions are key to manipulating the battle. Such as on that one map that is sandy and has that big spotting hill and has some mining factories one side and hut things on the other (not Mines). 

Your survival rate could be better. Ideally should be 50% and higher. Better chance of winning if you are alive, obviously. 

Make damage goals for yourself. You’ll try to meet them if you don’t get damage goals. Like for me I’ll have a goal of x damage I’ll know I haven’t met it. So I’ll do dumb stuff (by that I mean doing dumb stuff, but smartly playing them so I don’t die) that in the end works out and I get more damage than I planned on getting.

Otherwise your 30-60-90 stats pretty good. With all this player feedback it’s up to you to decide what you should really focus on. 

Edited by HumanCoookie, 11 July 2018 - 05:59 PM.

Good players forgot the names of tanks and maps.

Also, was in [PRAMO] for ~2 and platooned with Mike!

oRgAsM

HumanCoookie #35 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13203 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostiRaikkonen, on 11 July 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

Low key had a dream about Blitz and you were in it. You spoke a lot of German :v

oRgAsM

SpartacusDiablo #36 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16321 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostHumanCoookie, on 11 July 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

Personally, I’d dial back on platooning. Platooning is good, don’t get me wrong. It’s just that it’s harder to learn how to adapt and play really well on quickly changing situations if you play solo. Platooning you can share the weight of carrying the team and playing to victory. As an example if an enemy flanked behind the team and you didn’t notice and only your toon mate did then RIP that enemy. But playing alone you’d learn situational awareness far easier than in a toon. Toon all you want once you learn these skills (don’t know the extent of your skills so I mean ignore this if you know them spicy skills). Guaranteed you’ll lose more, but those skills will help in the long run.

Dammit Cookie!  Pay attention.  I already said that I've been tooning way more because of this event.

HumanCoookie #37 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13203 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 11 July 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

Dammit Cookie!  Pay attention.  I already said that I've been tooning way more because of this event.

Dang it now I have to edit everything. Give me a sec, lol.

oRgAsM

Charfyee #38 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6048 battles
  • [22ND2]
CHECK OUT MY NEW THREADS NOW!!!!!!!

Charfyee #39 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6048 battles
  • [22ND2]
STOP IGNORING ME

BobboEvans #40 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:03 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 40225 battles

View Postbg2b, on 11 July 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I never knew what that stat might be good for, so thanks for an insight.  Presumably that number should also go up with tier, yes?  Is the stat based on total battle duration, or minutes before you die, or minutes before you exit to the garage?  (I think you misread or mistyped something though, since his recent DPM average is around 500.)

His DPM in the Super Pershing for last 30 days.  Not overall.  I don’t normally even look at this stat.  However, it’s been a long while since I’ve tooned with SD so I was looking for indicators on why his stats in the tank weren’t good without even playing with him.  Im simply guessing. 

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users