Missions - Is there really a point anymore?

Missions Rewards

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

SanguinaryDan #1 Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17060 battles
  • [III-P]

In the “bad old days” of Spare Parts I used to push as hard as I could to complete all 6 Missions come hell or high water. Because there was a useful and important reward for doing so.  Now?  I just don’t care.  For whatever reason WG has not replaced the Spare Parts with another prize. And I’m not going to push very hard just to win the Verdun Camouflage. 

If it was was based in the client I could understand it taking time to incorporate changes. But this is purely a server side effect. They could add additional prizes to every Mission in under an hour. Honestly, they should have done so the moment Sparts were removed. It’s not like the developers were surprised by that change. 

On the whole I am disappointed in the lack of pressure to complete the Missions. It added to the thrill of playing. Hell, now you’ll usually get a bigger reward from using the boosters that come in the free crates than the Missions. 

Anyone else feel let let down by this?

p.s.  Yes, I recognize the irony in this situation.  I hated Spare Parts as much as the next person.  But they did add to the feeling of triumph in successfully completing all your Missions. 

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

WMd76 #2 Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:45 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 36987 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Was there ever really a point to them? No, thats probably the main reason why WG changed he missions from purely XP to missions and XP way back then, so people actually did missions.

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

michaeltsoon #3 Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 35481 battles
  • [HATED]
Yes, there is a point. You get bonus credits, xp, and premium time, plus the occasional gold. Most of the missions aren't that difficult anyway, although I do wish WG would re-introduce free xp as one of the rewards.

Data/Video Analyof [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left" - Bertrand Russell 

My stats

VelociTanker #4 Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14941 battles
  • [CLEAR]
I'd like to thank Wargaming for removing parts and making missions relatively trivial. The removal of that drive to complete missions is liberating. It was so frustrating I spent $2.400 on a gaming PC to find a different game to play. Now I'll keep Blitz and play for fun.

As seen getting lucky on Littlefinger101 Youtube channel

Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills 

Subscriber Replay on Mines T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov
Looking to join forces with good people to improve my game in tourneys, make me an offer.
5.5 aka "The Great Nerfening" © VelociTanker LLC

RommelTanker #5 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2664 battles
  • [_DX2_]

Free 100 gold if you're lucky

Free 24hr premium time

Loads of credits

Boosters for more credits and/or more EXP

Verdun Forest camo for free if you get lucky (is rare mission)

Yeah I'd say missions still have a point after having sparts removed. I can get where you're coming from, 100%. Missions were a goal to get more sparts, and with sparts gone you've got no real incentive to do missions like you did with sparts.

Personally I think WG should add true "Personal Missions" to Blitz, like in PC; completing a serious of challenging tasks (15 in per class, for a total of 75 missions) to be rewarded with an exclusive premium that you can play like a badge of honor. Those tanks were, iirc, the StuG III B (Tier IV StuG III G with the stock 75mm gun and spaced side armor panels [historical btw]), T28 HTC (we have as a premium; maybe replace with a different rare Tier VII), T-55A, and Obj. 260. Then we can have something to work on after we get all the other tanks in the game (Pretty sure Crusader would go head over heels at the thought of earning a free Tier IX and Tier X just by playing).

Obviously the missions are scaled towards PC; the final heavy tank mission for the Obj. 260 for example requires that you deal, receive, and block a collective total of at least 12,000 damage; literally impossible in Blitz.  So, halve the requirement and you get a much more realistic value for Blitz (Still requires mega skills; I predict blocking 2k and putting out 3k while taking 1k). And all these missions are completed in a F2P fashion; you can't pay to advance, and you also get really good rewards (In PC, your consumables are actually kinda expensive and these missions give you up to 15 of each plus a wad of credits; ultra helpful for those grinding lines or who play Tier X constantly). Oh and these missions can only be done in Tier IV+ (Because the only heavy at low tiers is the DW2 on PC, at Tier IV.)

Blitz Forums' resident Leopard PT A main.

My Terrible PT A Stats: 1,249 Battles57.97% WR / 2,805 WN8 / 1,790 DPB / 38.27% Survival

He who types many stupid essays and boasts about bad Leopard PT A stats.

I'm probably one of the only players in the game with over 5,500 WN8 in a Tier 1 tank. If that's not the most useless achievement ever I dunno what is.

HE does more damage than AP... in loopy land. 

Kiser_Sosei #6 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32046 battles
  • [III-R]
I do like the fact that the pressure to get them done is reduced greatly. I also feel they are a bit lacking in reward.

Also it would  be nice to just have 6 missions in a 24 hour period instead of this odd hours thing. Its horrible.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

bg2b #7 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
I hated the feeling that I had to do the missions.  Obviously I didn't really have to, but when that was the main source of spare parts, there was definitely some additional pressure and an impression that the opportunity cost of taking a day off was large.  I still pay attention to them and will keep them in mind when playing, but I don't worry if I don't finish them all now.  That's a big positive IMO.

Zuke76 #8 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]

I don't mind the xp that comes out of them, of course I wish it was free xp

Fu_Manchu_ #9 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11374 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 11 July 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

Yes, there is a point. You get bonus credits, xp, and premium time, plus the occasional gold. Most of the missions aren't that difficult anyway, although I do wish WG would re-introduce free xp as one of the rewards.

This. I still try to hit all my missions, but as others have pointed out above, I don't feel quite the same urgency to make sure I complete them all.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Dh8KfXz

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_ [CLEAR]#6222

tedg5 #10 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:43 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 48527 battles
  • [AGOGO]
The main disappointment is that XP one, you only get XP and nothing else. :(

SpartacusDiablo #11 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 23723 battles
  • [III-R]
I'd like to see more difficult missions that offer better rewards.  Nailing all three missions in one game is gratifying but also kind of a let down.  

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

ahredstealth #12 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

When they first came out, everyone talked about the same issue.

What's the point?  Either that, or "OMG some nub on my team yolo'd to his death to complete a cap mission/kill mission/spot mission/etc etc."

It's a good bonus for newer players to get credits/XP and help them kit out tanks.

If you're a veteran player that can just casually complete them, that should be a good thing, right?

Plus before sparse parts they were a way to introduce rare camo's and stuff... so, maybe we'll get back to that?

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Fu_Manchu_ #13 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11374 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Posttedg5, on 11 July 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

The main disappointment is that XP one, you only get XP and nothing else. :(

I like that for a tank I'm still grinding.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Dh8KfXz

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_ [CLEAR]#6222

Augustus_Sohn #14 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13368 battles
  • [III-H]

There needs to be an open-ended mission with a reward tank just like PC. Instead of always selling the new non tech tree tanks in bundles, the Campaign model from PC could be implemented. 

Just my humble opinion. 

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

rabbitlover2016 #15 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10160 battles
Lol remember those missions that made u ammorack for completion. I spent weeks on those until I either got an ammo rack or just skipped the mission. And the the t49 came along and fixed everything. And then it's module damage got nerfed. But the ammo rack mission were removed by then.

Destroy0 #16 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 20510 battles
  • [FRS17]

View Postrabbitlover2016, on 11 July 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Lol remember those missions that made u ammorack for completion. I spent weeks on those until I either got an ammo rack or just skipped the mission. And the the t49 came along and fixed everything. And then it's module damage got nerfed. But the ammo rack mission were removed by then.

Those missions were brutal during mission-based events...

RoadKutter #17 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 36121 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 11 July 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

I do like the fact that the pressure to get them done is reduced greatly. I also feel they are a bit lacking in reward.

Also it would  be nice to just have 6 missions in a 24 hour period instead of this odd hours thing. Its horrible.

The removal of sparts and the need to complete missions made the game fun again. It would be nice if we went back to 3 resets or at least got an even split. I like certs as rewards and credits are relevant again. I guess if they went back to the old mission system which was tier specific it would make things interesting. But for now Missions are as relevant as Ratings Battles.

Ghosting reds since 2014

BorisBaddenov #18 Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24068 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on 11 July 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

There needs to be an open-ended mission with a reward tank just like PC. Instead of always selling the new non tech tree tanks in bundles, the Campaign model from PC could be implemented. 

Just my humble opinion. 

There is kind of one of those  -- the kpftpz - whatever get the charms tank  is called.   If you play Blitz and participate in the events, you will be rewarded with this tank - eventually :)

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

andyllinger #19 Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 29439 battles
  • [--M--]
I feel like WG has reduced the number premium time missions since 5.0, is it just me? All i get now are missions with some credits and xp.

Tier X: Leo.1, E50 ME100, Jageroo, MAUS, E4E5, M48, T57, Obj.140, T-62, IS-7, IS-4, Obj.268, STB-1, 4202, BC.25T.

TurretSYNDRM #20 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38962 battles
  • [OLD_G]
Bring back Scythe of the Wrath!! That one was always a challenge. Agreed though, I was chatting in clan about how they didn't adjust mission rewards to compensate for the removal of rare parts. The middle mission on both resets is now utterly useless unless you're grinding a tank. 

Also tagged with Missions, Rewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users