Military Honor: Top Clans Leverage It Please

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Lieutenant_Popcorn #1 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5814 battles
  • [FABLE]

So... This isn't another rant about Military Honor. I am not a top player but I'm not at the bottom either, I'm somewhere in the middle. I recently arrived at the point of wishing that I could no longer receive upvotes, (but downvote me if needed) the votes seemed pointless.

Until my last game.

Backstory: I did ok with my E50 but am dogging it in my E50M, actually averaging less dmg per game than my E50.  My stats told me I had too many spots, so I backed off and am doing way better today. As I was reaffirming my take it slower and support the team approach through looking over my 2900 dmg and 2 kills an effective player vote popped up from a DEF family clan member. Now this was unusual because Unicums don't usually upvote scrubs like me. As much as I think I am tracking towards competence and am above upvotes, it made me feel good. As if confirming my attempt to be more effective in the tank I am in, by a player who's opinion really matters to me. It makes me want to learn more and play better. 

So Unicums: with all the really bad play out there please be aware that recognition of mediocre players with an upvote for doing what you perceive to be a  really good job in the tank they are in can instigate that player to try to repeat that performance. If we get affirmation  when our play is effective it could lead to a marginal improvement in the overall skill level of the player base.

MRobertsRCS #2 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:00 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 29832 battles
  • [501DV]
I give upvotes based on performance during that specific battle.  No need to view stats to see if they are “worthy” of my upvote.   Anyone is capable of a great game and deserves some kudos when it happens. 

My E4 has a cup holder            

Fu_Manchu_ #3 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10681 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostMRobertsRCS, on 11 July 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

I give upvotes based on performance during that specific battle.  No need to view stats to see if they are “worthy” of my upvote.   Anyone is capable of a great game and deserves some kudos when it happens. 

This. As much as I know that MH is useless, I still give out upvotes as a "good job" to players who did well in a battle.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222

Jonny_applesauce #4 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6585 battles
  • [CLEAR]

WHO CARES

MILITARY HONOR DOES NOT MATTER

It literally does nothing - seen players with over 300 inactivity in battle downvotes still afking happily along

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

__The_Dude_30__ #5 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:39 PM

The Dude of Dudes

• Players
  • 16860 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 11 July 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

WHO CARES

MILITARY HONOR DOES NOT MATTER

It literally does nothing - seen players with over 300 inactivity in battle downvotes still afking happily along

It doesn’t matter that it’s MH. OP is talking about the fact that he got a “compliment” from a uni. OP, I also very much like it when a uni gives me a thumbs up, it’s a good feeling.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Fu_Manchu_ #6 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10681 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 11 July 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

It doesn’t matter that it’s MH. OP is talking about the fact that he got a “compliment” from a uni. OP, I also very much like it when a uni gives me a thumbs up, it’s a good feeling.

Too true. But it's difficult for some folks around here to understand something like giving out a compliment. They just see something related to MH and start screaming about how it doesn't matter.

@ Jonny_applesauce, if you actually read the OP's post you'd see that he doesn't talk about the usefulness, or lack therefor, of MH ratings. As __The_Dude_30__ correctly points out, T_ 120582 is talking about the possible benefit of complimenting a player for the game they played.

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 11 July 2018 - 08:46 PM.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222

bg2b #7 Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:59 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 18767 battles
  • [SPUD]
I'll give a good job upvote if someone played pretty well, but I figure they're often just noise.  Certainly I don't personally pay attention to upvotes.  When someone does something really good/epic/helpful, I'll pause to write a post-battle PM.

gsauce1 #8 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40398 battles
  • [STORM]
I like giving out a thumbs up. It’s just a quick way of saying good job, without having to send a chat message. And I especially like giving out a team player for a player who plays as part of a team. Even if they don’t do top damage. 

Jonny_applesauce #9 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6585 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postbg2b, on 11 July 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

I'll give a good job upvote if someone played pretty well, but I figure they're often just noise.  Certainly I don't personally pay attention to upvotes.  When someone does something really good/epic/helpful, I'll pause to write a post-battle PM.

^^

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

__Crusader6__ #10 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:32 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 55346 battles
  • [III]

I give out upvotes for good work -- red or green.

I don't check the persons stats before I do that.

Sometimes I am fully amazed that it was a 46% 700 avg dmg player, but not very very often...

Tank Hoarder: 351 tanks in Garage:  352/354 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

4sfield #11 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:56 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29067 battles
  • [-1]

I give props to those that deserve it. I don’t just randomly hand out votes, if you got one from me you deserved it. I don’t always pass them out for good damage either. I pass them out when somebody does something that catches my attention. I’ve passed them to guys that fought with me, were on the same page. 

I pass out votes on red for the, “I’m sorry we had to kill you” crew that I know got dealt a worthless team or a guy that fought me hard and ended up losing. 

That’s how I’ve always done it. It’s called using the system we got the way it was intended.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users