Need your help fellas - I yolo I guess

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Veritas_601 #1 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23388 battles
  • [CITY]

so I’ve been looking at my stats and have fallen into a habit of what might be yoloing but moreover spotting perhaps a little too much?

I have this strange sense sense of responsibility to the team to go to the right positions on maps given our team makeup and being in position to help right away. And that usually means I’m spotting. 

HOWEVER what this has done is created this belief that if I’m in the right place for myself and teams at least spot, I should do my part right? 

What often happens pens is I look back and realize I’m the only one in position or the team is just still wondering what to do. In higher tiers not so much but I look at other players with much higher stats and win rates and they actually spot more but live longer, most of them platoon so they have someone beside them with a plan and I solo all the time. 

Whats frustrsting usually in tiers below 8 is that my teams are letting me scout and doing nothing about it or not in position but just generally hiding, camping and or just way over extended. That is one thing I try not to do as often is over extend. 

Given all of the aforementioned what are your mindsets on leading the team? By example in a way but also letting the team and battle form as it is when there are no tactics to your teams? Does anyone get what I’m saying here? I watch others seemingly hang back just a bit or adapt earlier to what the team is or isn’t doing. 

But im a firm believer in at least being in the best places to make a difference and if I’m alone not over extending and waiting for my teams to realize I’ve either found them or at least make use of my position in relation to theirs. 

Chances are my teammates are newer and tunnel visioned on someone hit point trading themselves to death lol. 

Lately ive been adapting more and just playing mediums and tanks that can rejoin the battle by relocating and making the best of it but meat shielding seems like a truly selfish thing to do... it works however. Idk, any input on how you have either changed your game, your approach and have become more selfish to self preserve would be helpful lol. 

Im learning to relearn and hoping to get better. Thanks in advance for any constructive advice. 

Edited by Veritas_601, 12 July 2018 - 12:14 AM.

Charfyee #2 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6033 battles
  • [22ND2]

View PostVeritas_601, on 12 July 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

so I’ve been looking at my stats and have fallen into a habit of what might be yoloing but moreover spotting perhaps a little too much?

I have this strange sense sense of responsibility to the team to go to the right positions on maps given our team makeup and being in position to help right away. And that usually means I’m spotting. 

HOWEVER what this has done is created this belief that if I’m in the right place for myself and teams at least spot, I should do my part right? 

What often happens pens is I look back and realize I’m the only one in position or the team is just still wondering what to do. In higher tiers not so much but I look at other players with much higher stats and win rates and they actually spot more but live longer, most of them platoon so they have someone beside them with a plan and I solo all the time. 

Whats frustrsting usually in tiers below 8 is that my teams are letting me scout and doing nothing about it or not in position but just generally hiding, camping and or just way over extended. That is one thing I try not to do as often is over extend. 

Given all of the aforementioned what are your mindsets on leading the team? By example in a way but also letting the team and battle form as it is when there are no tactics to your teams? Does anyone get what I’m saying here? I watch others seemingly hang back just a bit or adapt earlier to what the team is or isn’t doing. 

But im a firm believer in at least being in the best places to make a difference and if I’m alone not over extending and waiting for my teams to realize I’ve either found them or at least make use of my position in relation to theirs. 

Chances are my teammates are newer and tunnel visioned on someone hit point trading themselves to death lol. 

Lately ive been adapting more and just playing mediums and tanks that can rejoin the battle by relocating and making the best of it but meat shielding seems like a truly selfish thing to do... it works however. Idk, any input on how you have either changed your game, your approach and have become more selfish to self preserve would be helpful lol. 

Im learning to relearn and hoping to get better. Thanks in advance for any constructive advice. 

Quit the game. Go do something productive

Immel_man #3 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:47 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33788 battles
  • [DKTM]
You quickly figure out if your team is worth a damn or not. A good team will work off of your efforts and a bad team will miss the opportunity. Either way I don’t see what that has to do with you doing a good job.

HumanCoookie #4 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12509 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostVeritas_601, on 12 July 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Hey so what I can say is that you should call directions to go. But please, please please please do not call the wrong directions to go. Far too many battles I call the game winning flank and some numb nut calls a game losing flank and we do end up losing. And if the team doesn’t listen, give a small explanation why. Such as in Middleburg you are supposed to go hill 99.99% of the time. So instead of exposing all this [edited]to my nub team I just say, “they have more heavies. Town is suicide.” And sure enough they usually listen.

But even after that, practicing more at the game you’ll be able to manipulate most games in your favor. Watch YouTubers such as Bushka, Dark Magaician Girl, and any other Blitz YTers that are good.

Good players forgot the names of tanks and maps.

Also, was in [PRAMO] for ~2 and platooned with Mike!

oRgAsM

gsauce1 #5 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36445 battles
  • [STORM]
I’ve been learning to watch that mini-map when I first head out, and try to adjust accordingly if the team is heading somewhere else. 

DanAnsomeHansome #6 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33163 battles
  • [MOMS]
Try spotting then falling back. How about spotting from behind a bush and not shooting to blow your cammo and rack up Xp from your teammates? Just sit there and keep them spotted until you are spotted. When you shoot a red I believe you share the xp with the tank that spotted him that is why a lot of times if ur a td way in Back and do a ton of damage thinking ur gonna get that ace and then that 1 or 2 pops up its bc u had to share all that xp with your spotters. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users