Thanks For Not Listening

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

4sfield #1 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28337 battles
  • [-1]

(Video is a few posts down) I could use some tips.

I’m sick of having my calls shrugged off by nubs. It’s not the ace, I was top tier and should have carried. It was how I got it. I spawned in on the Northwest corner of Fort Despair, looked at the line up, noticed a considerable heavy disadvantage and called, “<<<<<Go Left Please<<<< “. I immediately got a response of, “Negative!” From the green IS-2 and we argued until the timer ran out. 

Everyone except me and a 12t went to the slot to slug it out in a 4 on 2 the hard way with heavies. There was also a useless Crom that went with them. The 12t and I continued to the left. 5 kills and 3.6k later, M-badge.

I’m not sure how I feel about it, it changes the way I’m thinking. You can’t control or predict nub teams or what you can get out of or from them. I thought I made the right call but did I really? I couldn’t help but be my sanctimonious self and rub it in. The 12t played like a champ, it was like tooning with an old friend. We had a 2 on 2 with both Tigers at the end and he did a helluva job harassing and distracting during which the IS-2 says, “You better win”. He was irate we didn’t go to the slot with them to die, nubs need to get over themselves and start listening. At least I know he stuck around to watch, I hope he learned something.

Edited by 4sfield, 12 July 2018 - 08:47 PM.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

TonnerreCadien #2 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:14 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 41625 battles
  • [HAHA]
What I like is that the op turns a negative in the positive - "I wouldn't have aced my tank if it weren't for you." Classic. Nice carry - great job!

oTVnY0d.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

40_Percent_Trash #3 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 27033 battles
  • [MSELF]

I didn't Ace it yesterday but I had a game in my glacial where a VK 45.03 tried to call Port on Port Bay, I refused and insisted on left the team barely followed me and sat back sceptical at first but then followed me to steam roll 2 tanks alone on the Riverside.

When the other 5 where spotted in the town, the VK said "See I told you town"

We kicked their [edited], and won 7-0 with our VK only doing about 700 damage.

I got to finish with a snarky remark of "See I told you Right"

NICKEL_AND_DIME #4 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:23 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 49791 battles
  • [III]

I laughed hard yesterday.  A red tank called me out at the start of the game "Hey Nickel" and of course I said "Hey" back.  Then he says an altered profanity and implies that he will wreck me.  OK, fair enough, I get wrecked often.  I decide to stay hidden until I knew where he was - after all if he is going to tunnel me I might as well be on guard for it.  He pops up, I'm bored by this point so I tunnel him (why not?). 

The fact that after the game I got an Ace Mastery just made it even funnier for me. 

kidthekid01 #5 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7106 battles
  • [BOTIV]
In my experience, it is better to have a plan to go one way and everyone follows than two people making different calls and splitting the team. It is irritating when someone says left<<<, and then someone says Right>>, and the team splits and each side gets decimated.

4sfield #6 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28337 battles
  • [-1]
  I’m trying to get the video, it’s still processing.

FREE _stealy!!!

4sfield #7 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:55 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28337 battles
  • [-1]

Here it is..

FREE _stealy!!!

Jonny_applesauce #8 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6151 battles
  • [CLEAR]

How to play with nubs on your team

Watch how they play, and rather than raging about what you would have done with their tank try to react to how they do in fact play their tank to get the most of your tank.

Basically what OP did in this

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

NICKEL_AND_DIME #9 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 49791 battles
  • [III]
Really good game there.

4sfield #10 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28337 battles
  • [-1]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 12 July 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

Really good game there.

Video is grainy, I could use some help with that if anyone has any input.

FREE _stealy!!!

LordManaz #11 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32579 battles
  • [HVC]

congrats for the mastery, good job with the carry

this happen every 5 battles in tier 6...

Edited by LordManaz, 12 July 2018 - 08:55 PM.

Maybe the worst noob in NA

ahredstealth #12 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

There is a reason he drove his IS straight at the Reds and shot until he was [quickly] dead.

It's the same reason he didn't listen.

It's the same reason he will never listen.

Trying to change that is like trying to nail Jello to a Tree.

I mean, if that's how you have fun go ahead and try.  Otherwise, just keep doing you.  Because even if you manage to get through to him, there will be ten more of him by tomorrow.

He doesn't care that you got a mastery badge.  He doesn't care that you carried.  He has just enough skill to drive forward and shoot.  That's it.  Even if he had gone left, he would not have meaningfully added to the game.  He would have gotten lost in the bushes, drove the long way around and not even sucked up some damage before everyone else was dead, or just AFK'd and gone to check on his windex flavored Pop Tarts.  At least going right he didn't have to fight gun depression, which he doesn't understand, and can DERP at people twice before he gets flogged.

Most of these folks are not Po the Kung Fu Panda waiting for their master to appear and teach them how to kill entire armies at one time.  They are wasting time until they wipe.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

MRobertsRCS #13 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 29395 battles
  • [501DV]
You’re welcome.  

My E4 has a cup holder            

4sfield #14 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:36 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28337 battles
  • [-1]

View Postahredstealth, on 12 July 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

There is a reason he drove his IS straight at the Reds and shot until he was [quickly] dead.

It's the same reason he didn't listen.

It's the same reason he will never listen.

Trying to change that is like trying to nail Jello to a Tree.

I mean, if that's how you have fun go ahead and try.  Otherwise, just keep doing you.  Because even if you manage to get through to him, there will be ten more of him by tomorrow.

He doesn't care that you got a mastery badge.  He doesn't care that you carried.  He has just enough skill to drive forward and shoot.  That's it.  Even if he had gone left, he would not have meaningfully added to the game.  He would have gotten lost in the bushes, drove the long way around and not even sucked up some damage before everyone else was dead, or just AFK'd and gone to check on his windex flavored Pop Tarts.  At least going right he didn't have to fight gun depression, which he doesn't understand, and can DERP at people twice before he gets flogged.

Most of these folks are not Po the Kung Fu Panda waiting for their master to appear and teach them how to kill entire armies at one time.  They are wasting time until they wipe.

I get it, I just don’t understand why they don’t think we don’t. The guy also had no reservations about pinning the loss that didn’t happen on me, he started after it went 2 on 2. I don’t get that either. 

If guys like that want to play with their wangs all day idc because I don’t have to watch but here I’m forced to have to deal with it. It gets annoying after a while.

FREE _stealy!!!

DanAnsomeHansome #15 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33997 battles
  • [MOMS]
I do this every battle as spoon as the counter starts.    “ left left left left all” (or right)  and I am having great success, it’s not fool proof but “L” , or “left”, or arrows were not cutting it . Try it . I think the team assumes you know what u r talking about and there is no way to miss it (unless they have chat shut off).

Herbie_N124 #16 Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6942 battles
  • [TS2]

*frantically scans user names to determine probability of the useless Crom being me*

Seriously, nice work m8.   

someguyfromPitt #17 Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:21 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 43736 battles
  • [III-C]

Thanks to you I’m grinding the T-34-1 now. 

If I can have1 game like this and hold a 55% win rate, then this and enjoy the tank. 

Here come tank # 67 for the garage. 

This video is a good tank sales video with great game play. Cheers

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

ahredstealth #18 Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:01 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post4sfield, on 12 July 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

I get it, I just don’t understand why they don’t think we don’t. The guy also had no reservations about pinning the loss that didn’t happen on me, he started after it went 2 on 2. I don’t get that either. 

If guys like that want to play with their wangs all day idc because I don’t have to watch but here I’m forced to have to deal with it. It gets annoying after a while.

Because he has zero want to get better.  He has zero want to understand the game.

He is a complete Derp-tard who knows just enough to realize that winning is better than losing, but has NO IDEA how to make that happen.

If he gets a "kill" in a game, stolen, last shot, whatever, He has a feeling of "breaking even."  If he gets two kills, he feels he is helping his team...  Even if he only did two shots for a grand total of two damage, he did his team a solid.

His reasoning is broken.  It will not fix itself until he has a "come to RNGesus" moment and stops and thinks about his own performance, and what his happening in his game.

The fact of the matter is, there is only a very slim chance of that happening.  On top of that, even if it does happen, he may not have the skill, the hardware, the internet connection, or even both thumbs to actually improve.

You can never fix stupid.  You can argue with it, but it will drag you down to it's level and beat you with experience.

The best thing to do is just try and take advantage of it.  Which you did, and you see the result.

:Shrug: I don't call directions anymore.  I just sort of wander out and see what will happen.  Sometimes I win.  Sometimes I don't.  I try my best, and then I wipe and flush.  It's not like any of this really matters, so just roll with it and have fun where you can.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

PeteGee45 #19 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20923 battles
  • [ATTK]

View Postkidthekid01, on 12 July 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

In my experience, it is better to have a plan to go one way and everyone follows than two people making different calls and splitting the team. It is irritating when someone says left<<<, and then someone says Right>>, and the team splits and each side gets decimated.

I agree 100% with this. When someone, even me, calls a direction and we see 6 of 7 or 7 of 7 tanks moving together we all have to feel good about our chances. Even if all of the map guides tell you to go the other way.

The worst is when a direction is called and repeated by another couple of tanks and you still have two or three going the other way. If you don't like the call say it in chat BEFORE you head the other way. 

Untrust______ #20 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:14 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 62840 battles
  • [AFT]

View Postahredstealth, on 13 July 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Because he has zero want to get better.  He has zero want to understand the game.

He is a complete Derp-tard who knows just enough to realize that winning is better than losing, but has NO IDEA how to make that happen.

If he gets a "kill" in a game, stolen, last shot, whatever, He has a feeling of "breaking even."  If he gets two kills, he feels he is helping his team...  Even if he only did two shots for a grand total of two damage, he did his team a solid.

His reasoning is broken.  It will not fix itself until he has a "come to RNGesus" moment and stops and thinks about his own performance, and what his happening in his game.

The fact of the matter is, there is only a very slim chance of that happening.  On top of that, even if it does happen, he may not have the skill, the hardware, the internet connection, or even both thumbs to actually improve.

You can never fix stupid.  You can argue with it, but it will drag you down to it's level and beat you with experience.

The best thing to do is just try and take advantage of it.  Which you did, and you see the result.

:Shrug: I don't call directions anymore.  I just sort of wander out and see what will happen.  Sometimes I win.  Sometimes I don't.  I try my best, and then I wipe and flush.  It's not like any of this really matters, so just roll with it and have fun where you can.

this^^ I don't call much anymore either. I just go my way seems to be working my wr up .04 in the last 2 weeks Lol

" If u like your salt you can keep your salt " 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users