Jump to content


What is a “Good” WN8

Stats numbers career

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

ContinuityGamer #1 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 7487 battles
  • 92
  • [VOEO]
  • Member since:
    03-28-2016
I was just wondering what you players think is a “good” WN8 number. By good I mean what is a number that is you see on Blitz Stars you can tell that that is a capable player who knows the ins and outs of the game?

Dan_Deerso #2 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 21087 battles
  • 3,539
  • [MOMS]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013
If it ain't purple it's not good enough.


I_Am_Not_Toxic_I_Swear #3 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:31 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30465 battles
  • 917
  • [PNCR]
  • Member since:
    07-30-2014

View PostDan_Deerso, on 12 July 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

If it ain't purple it's not good enough.

 

*Dark Purple. None of that sub-super unicum garbage.

Bring back the T49A


MRobertsRCS #4 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

    Supreme Fettuccini

  • Players
  • 29474 battles
  • 1,700
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

I think anything over 2k is pretty good.  

 

But its its tough to judge off one metric.  


My E4 has a cup holder            

 

 


Rio_Grande #5 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:38 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11374 battles
  • 561
  • [AFT]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2015
back when who knows, i asked if 1800 WN8 was good, or bad, they said it was average, so yea, above 2000 is good.

Hans, get the Luger.

 

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

 


SpartacusDiablo #6 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:46 PM

    Highly Illogical

  • Players
  • 16406 battles
  • 7,000
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostDan_Deerso, on 12 July 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

If it ain't purple it's not good enough.

:(


If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]


Chariot_Solace #7 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:50 PM

    Stug Life

  • Players
  • 29081 battles
  • 2,568
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016
It’s color coded for a reason.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1 


Dan_Deerso #8 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 21087 battles
  • 3,539
  • [MOMS]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

View PostDan_Deerso, on 12 July 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

If it ain't purple it's not good enough.

 

In all seriousness though, 1500 is about "average" skill. It's not the actual average, which is shoved down to 900 by the complete lack of mental capacity by about a quarter of the playerbase. I've made searches through the API and it gives me mild depression seeing that there's so many players out there with tens of thousands of battles and damage ratios somewhere between 0.25 and 0.4


bob_000 #9 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13062 battles
  • 408
  • [S3MC]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2015
I consider a capable player who knows their ins and outs to have dark purple/purple/high dark blue 30-60-90 WN8.

WMd76 #10 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:15 PM

    Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

  • Players
  • 36298 battles
  • 2,949
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012
10 Wn8

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

 

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)


ZebraUp #11 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:20 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16142 battles
  • 765
  • [_UF_]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
So over 2000 WN8 & over 60% winrate on your 30/60/90 means you're headed in the right direction?

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel


Dan_Deerso #12 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:28 AM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 21087 battles
  • 3,539
  • [MOMS]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

View PostZebraUp, on 12 July 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

So over 2000 WN8 & over 60% winrate on your 30/60/90 means you're headed in the right direction?

 

With an average tier over 6, sure.


tankeatingtiger #13 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:02 AM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 14044 battles
  • 1,598
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostDan_Deerso, on 12 July 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

 

With an average tier over 6, sure.

Yussss. :justwait:

Spoiler

 


Edited by tankeatingtiger, 13 July 2018 - 01:03 AM.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch


Dan_Deerso #14 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:16 AM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 21087 battles
  • 3,539
  • [MOMS]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 12 July 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Yussss. :justwait:

Spoiler

 

 

I'm just saying, when you're at that level in gameplay where you should be at tiers 6 and 7, you shouldn't spend half of your games in the past 90 days stat padding at tier 4 and below. It teaches exactly nothing except how to make the tank turn left & right with a little bit of fire button mixed in every once in a while.

 

I'm just hoping against hope that Zebra will actually listen for once. He's retired the DW2 what, three times now is it Pete? You're not making much progress "in the right direction" I'm afraid. I told you when you were starting out that you shouldn't rush up the tiers, but this is just as bad. You can rehab a tank even with hundreds of games in it, but you'll never live down ten thousand games of seal clubbing.



tankeatingtiger #15 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:22 AM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 14044 battles
  • 1,598
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostDan_Deerso, on 12 July 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

 

I'm just saying, when you're at that level in gameplay where you should be at tiers 6 and 7, you shouldn't spend half of your games in the past 90 days stat padding at tier 4 and below. It teaches exactly nothing except how to make the tank turn left & right with a little bit of fire button mixed in every once in a while.

 

I'm just hoping against hope that Zebra will actually listen for once. He's retired the DW2 what, three times now is it Pete? You're not making much progress "in the right direction" I'm afraid. I told you when you were starting out that you shouldn't rush up the tiers, but this is just as bad. You can rehab a tank even with hundreds of games in it, but you'll never live down ten thousand games of seal clubbing.

Lm ao.

but seriously could you help me out a bit too? 

I find that playing above t7 is not enjoyable and the results turn out sh*tty. But since many people only think you are good if you play 8-10 and succeed, I kind of feel obligated to do so.


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch


Dan_Deerso #16 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:40 AM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 21087 battles
  • 3,539
  • [MOMS]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 12 July 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

Lm ao.

but seriously could you help me out a bit too? 

I find that playing above t7 is not enjoyable and the results turn out sh*tty. But since many people only think you are good if you play 8-10 and succeed, I kind of feel obligated to do so.

 

 

I've found a lot of players who don't "enjoy" high tiers are either playing the wrong tanks or don't know the meta. It's one thing to play a VK 28.01 and say "I like light tanks" and a completely different thing to play a Leopard 1 in a tier 10 game. You get punished a lot more often for little mistakes at those tiers, and as a consequence, light tanks take more finesse to do well in than any other class, bar some paper mediums. I highly suggest you stick to the beefier mediums or faster heavies if you want to get used to the meta, while not trying to predict it like in some TDs and slow heavies like the KV-type tanks.

 

Then again, sometimes the best teacher of patience is removing your own ability to get ahead of yourself. Sure, you're gonna do poorly if you picked up, say, a KV-4 right now. You don't know much about the tank class besides the IS-5's random bounces and how to use spaced armor to sidescrape, and you don't know what positions work best against what (low spot rate in the IS-5, even though it's kinda sluggish). The only way I've seen to learn those lessons is to take a tank that absolutely requires careful planning and bashing your head on it for a while, like a KV-4 where if you don't position well you're just boned. You can look me up, I absolutely butchered my KV back in the day before I even touched anything besides a medium, but every heavy I've played since has been comparatively easy.

 

Alternatively, you could just grind every line up to tier 8 and go from there after a couple ten thousand games.



tankeatingtiger #17 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:51 AM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 14044 battles
  • 1,598
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostDan_Deerso, on 12 July 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

 

 

I've found a lot of players who don't "enjoy" high tiers are either playing the wrong tanks or don't know the meta. It's one thing to play a VK 28.01 and say "I like light tanks" and a completely different thing to play a Leopard 1 in a tier 10 game. You get punished a lot more often for little mistakes at those tiers, and as a consequence, light tanks take more finesse to do well in than any other class, bar some paper mediums. I highly suggest you stick to the beefier mediums or faster heavies if you want to get used to the meta, while not trying to predict it like in some TDs and slow heavies like the KV-type tanks.

 

Then again, sometimes the best teacher of patience is removing your own ability to get ahead of yourself. Sure, you're gonna do poorly if you picked up, say, a KV-4 right now. You don't know much about the tank class besides the IS-5's random bounces and how to use spaced armor to sidescrape, and you don't know what positions work best against what (low spot rate in the IS-5, even though it's kinda sluggish). The only way I've seen to learn those lessons is to take a tank that absolutely requires careful planning and bashing your head on it for a while, like a KV-4 where if you don't position well you're just boned. You can look me up, I absolutely butchered my KV back in the day before I even touched anything besides a medium, but every heavy I've played since has been comparatively easy.

 

Alternatively, you could just grind every line up to tier 8 and go from there after a couple ten thousand games.

Yea about not knowing the class, I couldn't play a heavy high tier right now. Absolutely no experience, was awful with IS-5, and rage sold the 1S. I can't find my tank in high tiers. Don't like Russian meds because I need gun depression, rage sold (stock) Pershing, still working to get HESH gun on 7/1 but not really excited for that, and can't figure out the autoloading playstyle. So do I just sit the Leo 1 and maybe get gud with PTA? Try to grind Panther II more?

"I've found a lot of players who don't "enjoy" high tiers are either playing the wrong tanks or don't know the meta." This is my situation right now.


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch


_Weeping_Angel_ #18 Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:07 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41750 battles
  • 1,364
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    02-09-2015

View PostContinuityGamer, on 12 July 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

I was just wondering what you players think is a “good” WN8 number. By good I mean what is a number that is you see on Blitz Stars you can tell that that is a capable player who knows the ins and outs of the game?

 

Anything over 2k is good.  Don't listen to the [edited]who only think dark purple is the only thing that makes you good.  If everyone was dark purple then that would be the new normal and be green.  Just look at your 30/60/90 stats.  Are the metrics of WN8, damage ratio, kill ratio, and WR moving up or at least staying the same?  Then you are improving.  The ceiling is different for everybody.  This game is so fluid.  Are you only playing tanks that you have full upgraded and have 100% crew or are you grinding.  That can make a 5-10% improvement in all stats if you are not currently grinding new tanks.  Are you testing out new tactics?  Are you trying a new spot on a map to see how you can do from there?  These things all affect your stats and WN8. 

 

Every tier after 7 does get a little bit harder.  There is less room for error as you move up the tiers.  Side scraping, aiming, movements all need to be more precise and timed better.  You will find those tiers more fun once you get down those timings.  I admit after almost 40k games tier 10 still gets the better of me some times.  Every mistake is a lesson in HP lost.  Watch each game to it's finish and think about what you could have done different to stay alive longer or watch someone in a tank that you like or even better don't like and see how they play it.  Great way to learn how to play better.



rabbitlover2016 #19 Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9996 battles
  • 363
  • [CLE4R]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2016
For me black is pretty good

Duke_87 #20 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:00 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28007 battles
  • 1,309
  • [MOMS]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014
Just read the color codings and go by that. All these super unis are setting the bar very high for “good.”

Goal: Suck incrementally less, day by day






Also tagged with Stats, numbers, career

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users