Stats numbers career

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

MarBearCat #41 Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:27 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 21945 battles
  • [SDWA]

I have no colors that would impress anyone.

I TANK, therefore I

Spoiler

fedsnbr #42 Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49346 battles
  • [STRYK]

View Postmike82198, on 14 July 2018 - 07:26 PM, 

Adjusting the benchmarks only alters the colors/numbers - both meaningless as they're derived from a calculation that was created for a completely different game. 

Not the benchmarks for color coding. I thought I saw some post by blitzstars about changing the averages for plugging into the formula.

GentleNova #43 Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22664 battles
  • [FABLE]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 12 July 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

It’s color coded for a reason.

Agree. If you use colour, you can match it up closely to the learning level of the player.

Green is someone who is grasping the game tactically, so knowing how to be a good tank driver (ie targeting, spotting, angling).

Blue is someone who is grasping the game strategically, so knowing how to be a good team player (ie map awareness, team compositions)

Purple is someone who is grasping the game adaptively, so knowing how to be a good independent player (ie when to push or bail, shot caller).

Note I indicated "grasping" because there is basic, intermediate, and advanced stages of learning for each. So when someone has learnt the basics of the game strategically, hopefully they’ve achieved an advanced understanding of the game tactically at the same time. And when someone has grasped a basic understanding of the game adaptively, hopefully they’ve achieved an advanced understanding of the game both tactically and strategically as well.

So over time, this layering occurs, allowing the person to look at the game from different perspectives, giving a greater sense of awareness of the game as a whole. This is why noobs often tunnel, lacking much awareness, and Super Unicums can actually predict the ebb and flow of a battle before it actually happens (ie being a great shot caller), because they have so much awareness, they can actually see the “big picture" of the battle unfolding.

BTW this is just a model of how player development "should" evolve. In reality, people often plateau because they get stuck in a way of seeing the game and can’t make the leap to seeing the game in a new way (ie the leap from seeing the game tactically to strategically). It’s why a tactical player will call a strategic player an idiot, even though the strategic player is providing crossfire support across the map and demolishing the enemy in the process (ie shooting from church to mill on Castilla). 

X: Obj 263*, T110E4, T110E3, FV215b 183 / IX: SU-122-54*, T-54*, ST-I, IS-8, Jagdtiger

VIII: Type 59*, IS-6*, Löwe*, T34*, T26E4, Tiger II / VII: SU-122-44*, Comet*, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62, VK 30.02 D*, E25*

SpartacusDiablo #44 Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16744 battles
  • [III-P]
Anything lower then mine is bad.  Anything higher then mine is hacking.

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Also tagged with Stats, numbers, career

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users