Toxicity community makeblitzgreatagain

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Raistlyn117 #1 Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]
I’m sure you’ve all have witnessed the toxic community we have here. The question is why is this community so toxic? I can’t tell you how many times people have stat shamed me, directed offensive material towards me, block me physically in-game (with their tank, not chat), report/downvote me, threaten me, etc.. The list goes on and on, and that’s only towards me, that’s nothing compared to what I’ve witnessed towards other people. It’s getting out of hand, and I’m wondering why WarGaming hasn’t done much to change that. I started saying this on another post, but I decided that it’s too big of a topic to leave it there so I created this one (it’s actually my first topic I’ve created, so yay me). I’d like to think that I’m a nice player, but there’s been a few times when I haven’t been so kind because of people who did some of the things I mentioned above. Most of the time I would regret saying the things I said, but then again, perhaps they “deserved” it. I’ve gotten used to the stat shaming and “noob” thing, because I could care less about how good or bad I am. I’m here for the fun of Blitz, not to listen to some person try to ruin my day. If anyone from WG is reading this, please try to fix the toxic community. I’d hate to see the game fail because people can’t get along. I’d like to hear what you fellow forumers have to say about this topic, but please no toxic or horribly negative comments (unless the negativity is directed towards toxicity). I want to make Blitz a better place, but I cannot do it alone unfortunately (that’d be epic if I could).

Edited by Raistlyn117, 13 July 2018 - 04:03 AM.

gordonchau #2 Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7255 battles
  • [SLAPP]
PvP, nuff said

http://www.blitzstar.../1004189253.png

"60% players don't exist without 40% players"

Grif7erX #3 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13576 battles
  • [SPADE]
The developers did something to address this by removing enemy chat and dead people from talking. It really made the game lonely and boring. I suggest you not take the comments personally. If you don't like what a person says you can flag them in game. People that cause trouble a lot tend to be found out and punished.
Treat others with respect. Don't boast.

HumanCoookie #4 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13373 battles
  • [TJSUX]

View PostRaistlyn117, on 13 July 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

I’m sure you’ve all have witnessed the toxic community we have here. The question is why is this community so toxic? I can’t tell you how many times people have stat shamed me, directed offensive material towards me, block me physically in-game (with their tank, not chat), report/downvote me, threaten me, etc.. The list goes on and on, and that’s only towards me, that’s nothing compared to what I’ve witnessed towards other people. It’s getting out of hand, and I’m wondering why WarGaming hasn’t done much to change that. I started saying this on another post, but I decided that it’s too big of a topic to leave it there so I created this one (it’s actually my first topic I’ve created, so yay me). I’d like to think that I’m a nice player, but there’s been a few times when I haven’t been so kind because of people who did some of the things I mentioned above. Most of the time I would regret saying the things I said, but then again, perhaps they “deserved” it. I’ve gotten used to the stat shaming and “noob” thing, because I could care less about how good or bad I am. I’m here for the fun of Blitz, not to listen to some person try to ruin my day. If anyone from WG is reading this, please try to fix the toxic community. I’d hate to see the game fail because people can’t get along. I’d like to hear what you fellow forumers have to say about this topic, but please no toxic or horribly negative comments (unless the negativity is directed towards toxicity). I want to make Blitz a better place, but I cannot do it alone unfortunately (that’d be epic if I could).

This is a pretty toxic community. Two reasons why I suspect it is this way with A) Lots of stubbord children in the game meaning they freak out when a tiny bit a hate is toward them and B) People having to deal with this primarily better players. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve listened to Discord VC’s hearing a good player screaming at the top of their lungs because of teams. Ultimately it leads to toxicity and others exposed to it eventually become toxic if they aren’t careful.

Only solutions I have is that if a good player DMs you or someone and gets mad at you then accept it and learn from why they are calling you out whether it be bad plays, not listening, etc. Basically owning up to your mistakes and NOT refusing it and starting an argument. Basically only solution really. 9/10 I see toxicity from good players because of teams and other players. If people put the effort to get good and improve this toxicity would disappear or become less aparrent. And then again some people are just born toxic and a general waste of space. 

Hopefully people stop being idiots, but then again the world is full of them. Can’t win an argument against a stupid person, basic fact.

Good players forget the names of tanks and maps.

Also, was in [PRAMO] for ~2 hrs and platooned with Mike!

oRgAsM

HumanCoookie #5 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13373 battles
  • [TJSUX]
Also would like to add you are called a noob because you don’t bother to improve. If you are continuously called a noob then improve. The game is more fun if you can play it right.

Good players forget the names of tanks and maps.

Also, was in [PRAMO] for ~2 hrs and platooned with Mike!

oRgAsM

InkaPanzer #6 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:33 AM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 42185 battles
  • [DBLAT]
OP with this kind of post you only get trolls answer you here...

Saludos desde Perú!

Mayjaplaya #7 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:36 AM

[YYK]

• Players
  • 15282 battles
  • [MBTS]

View Postgordonchau, on 12 July 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

PvP, nuff said

YYK

Sig credit: Panbun

zeur0sis #8 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18822 battles
  • [-1]
There are ways to prevent this.   WG has given you the choice to turn off chat if this bothers you that much.   Plus MH was put in place also.   Yeah.  We all know it’s pretty worthless but it does chat ban people if they get to many provocative communication downvotes.  My advice.  Stop letting strangers saying meaningless sht bother you.  I didn’t bother looking up your stats because I really don’t care enough to but at 30,000 battles if you are constantly getting called names then try watching some tactics vids on YouTube.  There are more than enough to choose from 

Edited by zeur0sis, 13 July 2018 - 05:38 AM.

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

Raistlyn117 #9 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]

View PostHumanCoookie, on 13 July 2018 - 05:11 AM, said:

Also would like to add you are called a noob because you don’t bother to improve. If you are continuously called a noob then improve. The game is more fun if you can play it right.

I get called a noob because people are upset, not that I did anything wrong (most of the time at least, we all make mistakes). I improve with every battle I play, so making this my fault for being called a noob is uncalled for. I can carry a game, yet get called a noob, or some other profanity because someone is upset. It’s hardly ever my fault, and normally its because the other people cannot see how well you have been doing until the end game results. And like I said, I’ve gotten used to it because it happens here and there when you’re not in a well known clan and someone sees you make a mistake.

Raistlyn117 #10 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]

View Postzeur0sis, on 13 July 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

There are ways to prevent this.   WG has given you the choice to turn off chat if this bothers you that much.   Plus MH was put in place also.   Yeah.  We all know it’s pretty worthless but it does chat ban people if they get to many provocative communication downvotes.  My advice.  Stop letting strangers saying meaningless sht bother you.  I didn’t bother looking up your stats because I really don’t care enough to but at 30,000 battles if you are constantly getting called names then try watching some tactics vids on YouTube.  There are more than enough to choose from 

This didn’t answer my question, I don’t have any issues with the game mechanics, it’s all quite simple. You experiment, and with each failure or success you adapt for the next battle and so on. My question was about toxicity, not about my preformance.

Raistlyn117 #11 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]

View Postmlacunza, on 13 July 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

OP with this kind of post you only get trolls answer you here...

And you’ve never wondered why people are so toxic here? I’m simply curious. Plus I highly doubt I’m an OP, I’m just a person who wants to understand why people do the things they do. I’m not that good at this game.

Edited by Raistlyn117, 13 July 2018 - 06:11 AM.

Raistlyn117 #12 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]

View Postgordonchau, on 13 July 2018 - 04:40 AM, said:

PvP, nuff said

Well, to an degree. This one seems worse than most, which is unfortunate because this game is very fun. So why are people so toxic? From my experiences with other PvP games, toxicity doesn’t normally ruin the game (or at least that battle/match), but for this one it certainly can. I understand that I could turn off chat altogether, but sometimes your team will give off some information that may be important. Plus not everyone is toxic, some people are like me and want to have fun. I’m just wondering why people act the way they do here. HumanCoookie gave me a different perspective on his first comment, saying that it’s becuase of the high child population, but there’s more to it than just that. Thanks for the input, even as short as it was.

zeur0sis #13 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18822 battles
  • [-1]

View PostRaistlyn117, on 13 July 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

This didn’t answer my question, I don’t have any issues with the game mechanics, it’s all quite simple. You experiment, and with each failure or success you adapt for the next battle and so on. My question was about toxicity, not about my preformance.

View PostRaistlyn117, on 13 July 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

And you’ve never wondered why people are so toxic here? I’m simply curious. Plus I highly doubt I’m an OP, I’m just a person who wants to understand why people do the things they do. I’m not that good at this game.

OP = original post.

I gave you two options that WG has implemented although they aren’t great ones they are at least options.   Turning off chat and downvotes with prov. comm.    

Strigonx #14 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3918 battles
  • [_STR8]
Who cares about what shitters say

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

Raistlyn117 #15 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]

View Postzeur0sis, on 13 July 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

OP = original post.

I gave you two options that WG has implemented although they aren’t great ones they are at least options.   Turning off chat and downvotes with prov. comm.    

Thanks for the clarification of OP, I don’t do much on the forums so I’m still learning it’s lingo and such. And yes, of course I downvote or provocative, but it doesn’t do anything unless you get a second person to downvote them as well. I don’t toon much, so I hardly see anything happen from my downvote. Plus a temporary chat ban doesn’t do a whole lot, especially since there’s no real punishment from it. And like I said in a previous comment, I don’t want to turn off chat because not everyone is toxic, some people actually help your team and provide good information.

Raistlyn117 #16 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]

View PostStrigonx, on 13 July 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Who cares about what shitters say

It’s not always about what they say, it’s just the mere concept of trying to verbally harm another person that gets to me most. Most of the time it’s fairly easy to ignore, but the fact that they try isn’t as easy to ignore. That’s the reason I’m bringing this up.

zeur0sis #17 Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18822 battles
  • [-1]

View PostRaistlyn117, on 13 July 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

Thanks for the clarification of OP, I don’t do much on the forums so I’m still learning it’s lingo and such. And yes, of course I downvote or provocative, but it doesn’t do anything unless you get a second person to downvote them as well. I don’t toon much, so I hardly see anything happen from my downvote. Plus a temporary chat ban doesn’t do a whole lot, especially since there’s no real punishment from it. And like I said in a previous comment, I don’t want to turn off chat because not everyone is toxic, some people actually help your team and provide good information.

NP.   Two more things.  You can send in tickets to WG directly.  Take a screen shot send in a ticket.   I know of players that have permenant chat bans because of this so it does work, and not to be condescending to you but if you’re not willing to turn off chat then having the small advantage of leaving it on sounds more important than your desire to rid your exposure of toxicity.   Cuz Let’s be honest, very little of what is said in game is helpful.  :teethhappy:

Raistlyn117 #18 Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]

View Postzeur0sis, on 13 July 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

NP.   Two more things.  You can send in tickets to WG directly.  Take a screen shot send in a ticket.   I know of players that have permenant chat bans because of this so it does work, and not to be condescending to you but if you’re not willing to turn off chat then having the small advantage of leaving it on sounds more important than your desire to rid your exposure of toxicity.   Cuz Let’s be honest, very little of what is said in game is helpful.  :teethhappy:

Ignorance is bliss is basically what you’re saying? So if I just ignore it, it’ll all just go away? That is unfortunately not the case.

zeur0sis #19 Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18822 battles
  • [-1]

View PostRaistlyn117, on 13 July 2018 - 02:15 AM, said:

Ignorance is bliss is basically what you’re saying? So if I just ignore it, it’ll all just go away? That is unfortunately not the case.

No.  Did you not read the first part of my post?   I gave you yet another option that has been proven to work.  How many tickets have you sent in? If the answer is zero then you’re just complaining here instead of doing something about your problem with the game.  And yes if you turn chat off it will all go away as far as your experience is concerned or is it that you want to control others’ experiences as well?

Edited by zeur0sis, 13 July 2018 - 07:23 AM.

Raistlyn117 #20 Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:30 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30449 battles
  • [NEST]

View Postzeur0sis, on 13 July 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

No.  Did you not read the first part of my post?   I gave you yet another option that has been proven to work.  How many tickets have you sent in? If the answer is zero then you’re just complaining here instead of doing something about your problem with the game.  And yes if you turn chat off it will all go away as far as your experience is concerned or is it that you want to control others’ experiences as well?

It wa directed toward the last part, don’t get so defensive. I’ve sent in numerous tickets, but as far as I can tell it didn’t make much of a difference. You’re just getting argumentative for no good reason, zeur0sis. I thought you commented to help, not to do what I said not to. So far you’ve been making me sound like the bad guy, the one that’s clueless, the person just here to complain. Please, if you’re not here to help, just stop commenting. I didn’t create this topic to get talked down to. Thanks.

Also tagged with Toxicity, community, makeblitzgreatagain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users