Toxicity community makeblitzgreatagain

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Whiskey_Upsurge #41 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33792 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I'm always somewhat intrigued by post that say that they seem to get a aweful lot of comments spewed at them in chat.

Most times, it's from guys who play like crap 90% of the time but base their self image on the 10% of the time thy acually do something helpful. That conversation usually winds up as some form of "stats don't matter".

In this case, obviously OP is a solid player that anyone would appreciate on green.

But what's the underlying reason for all the comments?

My stats aren't as good as your's adn I might get a comment directed at me in 1 out of a 500 games. Probably less. Of those, It's usually one of three scenarios. I got derped early by an unspotted Kv-2 (I don'ttake those comments seriously, as they obviously didn't see what happened and there wasn't much I could do about it anyways), I ligitmately screwed up big time (in which cases, I recognize what I did wrong and take responsibility for it), or it's  salty kid who's expecting me to run out and commit suicide to help is sorry [edited] out of an impossible spot.

Am I in this "sweet spot" of performance where I'm not bad enough to get dumped on by the good players but not unicum enough to elicit jealously from the bad players?

Or are players who recieve such comments on a regulat basis bringing it on themselves in some way that stats won't show? 

Inspiration for WriterDude's forum Signature is my single greatest accomplishment since starting to play Blitz! 

Godzillacus #42 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35322 battles
  • [SAD21]

If you piss them off enough to get salty, that means you are doing something right! Posted this in vids but thought also applicable here.

Edited by Godzillacus, 13 July 2018 - 01:59 PM.

Whiskey_Upsurge #43 Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33792 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostGodzillacus, on 13 July 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

If you piss them off enough to get salty, that means you are doing something right! Posted this in vids but thought also applicable here.

Yeah, that was the third scenario I'd included. Especially from the IS3. 

I really don't count any salt from the reds. We all know where that's coming from. LOL

In the cases like you just had, do you get a lot of those guys message you after the battle, or do they see the post game results and the win and realize they were wrong and quietly disappear. 

I see the occasional comment thrown at me in battle, but rarely do I get a comment about performance after the fact

Inspiration for WriterDude's forum Signature is my single greatest accomplishment since starting to play Blitz! 

Godzillacus #44 Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35322 battles
  • [SAD21]

View PostWhiskey_Upsurge, on 13 July 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yeah, that was the third scenario I'd included. Especially from the IS3. 

I really don't count any salt from the reds. We all know where that's coming from. LOL

In the cases like you just had, do you get a lot of those guys message you after the battle, or do they see the post game results and the win and realize they were wrong and quietly disappear. 

I see the occasional comment thrown at me in battle, but rarely do I get a comment about performance after the fact

Not much after the match, they just fade away. I did get one barking at me after the game recently. Pulled out in front of me sideways, blocked my shot, then straightened up, backed into me and went crazy because I blocked them! Told them to go check replay:)

illnagas #45 Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 50778 battles
  • [10_BR]
The reason is from frustration.  The game is very good and can be very fun but all mobile games like these depend on players being forced to lose.  Bad teams force more spending and increase the chances someone will spend real money to remedy bad teams, Afks, bad players, etc etc.  

___REDCELL #46 Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Never Carries Fire Extinguisher

• Players
  • 11598 battles
  • [BL4DE]
I still have yet to be downvoted once, and I rarely get called a noob. Nobody purposefully blocks me (unless they're trolling the whole team, not just me), and I only get chat blocked by people who rage at me after the game and block me so that I can't respond. If people are doing these kind of things to you, I suggest you look at your own behavior and see how you too may be contributing to a toxic community. We can't do much to change others, but we have control over our own choices.

Herbie_N124 #47 Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7834 battles
  • [TS2]

65% super-uni?   Turn off chat and you do you.    I think you're well beyond picking up useful information in chat. 

Joke 'em if they can't take a fcukin'.   Enjoy the game.   As was said prior though, toxicity is somewhat reactionary.   When I'm feeling feisty and talk trash, even when someone deserves it, the toxicity abounds.   When I'm all "GG / well done green", it's all thumbs-up.  

You get back what you put out 10-fold.  

Godzillacus #48 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35322 battles
  • [SAD21]

View PostHerbie_N124, on 13 July 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

65% super-uni?   Turn off chat and you do you.    I think you're well beyond picking up useful information in chat. 

Joke 'em if they can't take a fcukin'.   Enjoy the game.   As was said prior though, toxicity is somewhat reactionary.   When I'm feeling feisty and talk trash, even when someone deserves it, the toxicity abounds.   When I'm all "GG / well done green", it's all thumbs-up.  

You get back what you put out 10-fold.  

gg, :)

__Crusader6__ #49 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 55889 battles
  • [III]

View Post___ez_e___, on 13 July 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Guys I hate to say this, but you gonna have to man up and recognize a significant portion of the toxicity is a YOU problem.

Yes, there is toxicity but I rarely experience it.

I have thousands of MH upvotes life time and ZERO

yes ZERO life time downvotes.

I am definitely the type of player that lets my play do the talking.

So yeah there is toxicity, but in general I rarely ever experience it.

What I’m saying is that clearly some of the so called toxicity has to be reactionary.  

Well I’m curious as to what defines a ME problem.  

I start all games (since June 2015) with ‘o7 all, good luck & have fun’

About 10% of games some red takes offense, which I ignore.  

Unless I have a green Pramo (or other known SU) on my team I call directions.  

Most of the hate I get in PM is related to that - because either the green didn’t listen or tried to listen but due to oxygen deprivation at birth could understand that driving into the open is never a good COA.  

About 1/5 games I get hate from that. 

I have 4000+ upvotes and 2 DV’s (two 40% toons who didn’t like me riding their chosen path of town). 

Tank Hoarder: 352 tanks in Garage:  355/355 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed

Melissa_Durat #50 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:50 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13167 battles
  • [-HELL]

Button2011 #51 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28808 battles
  • [HATED]
Just click on the tanks omegalul

jmcneil66 #52 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14029 battles

View PostIgniteTheFire, on 13 July 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

We can't do much to change others, but we have control over our own choices.

DanAnsomeHansome #53 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34670 battles
  • [MOMS]

It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

a lot of players playing above their heads.

a lot of players claiming “it’s just a game” when it’s 6 other people’s time, effort and money on the table that is so easily disrespected just because you are on a pc. It’s too many Jr varsity players trying to play in the nfl.

its competitive. Like any sport or competition it will bring our emotions in people.

chat can be shut off at any time.

battles are recorded so you can easily send in a ticket against someone with proof.

its the internet .

Also tagged with Toxicity, community, makeblitzgreatagain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users