10 replies to this topic

_War_Child_ #1 Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:24 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35861 battles
  • [III-C]

...Wargaming wins every time:sceptic:

Howdy Tankers,

I was excited when folks told me that Wargaming finally admitted that their implementations in 3.8 were a huge mistake and that they were doing away with the stupidity of Spare Parts & Timers.  Of course, with anything to do with Wargaming, I still exercise caution when it comes to any of their changes because I know in the back of my head that with regards to Blitz in particular, their intent is more towards grabbing money than with anything else.  Today, I come to learn that a number of changes are being made to tanks in an effort to "rebalance" the game and also that MM is supposed to be "reworked" as well.  I don't really care anymore about anything Wargaming chooses to do with Blitz because I've moved on to WoT and don't plan to spend any substantive time in Blitz anymore.  But somewhere in my head I continue to hold out hope that a non-idiot will take the helm and steer Blitz back into it's former glory where people were excited to play with each other, where WG forum staff seemed engaged and able to do things directly themselves, and where people got excited about new Premium tanks that were coming out.  With Wargaming's new announcements that you no longer own your accounts anymore, that they believe we are all subject to severely unfavorable arbitration clauses (which is not true by the way), and that they can now nerf any and all Premium Tanks whenever and however they want - well, let's just say that those who choose to purchase items now have the biggest BUYER BEWARE signs posted and so no sympathy shall be shown by anyone when things take a downward turn.

Just some of my random thoughts I'd like to share:

1) I semi-retired with 3.8 holding 36,000,000 Credits.  With the addition of new Crew Skills, and now the repurchasing of stolen equipment (yes, when they removed all my equipment without asking or compensating me - that's called stealing in Texas), I am down to 700,000 Credits and I STILL don't have all of my tanks fully outfitted with equipment - and I SOLD a bunch way back a year ago b/c I didn't want to have to outfit them with Spare Parts.

2) Boosters should NEVER be purchased - I told people this over a year ago.  I don't know about you but all of my boxes just contain Boosters now and I have hundreds of them stored up.  All Boosters really do is restore the horrible economy to something slightly better so it is easier to survive.

3) Changes - I don't know what all of these changes are going to be or if they'll help improve the game.  The Russian base of this company took over all control over a year ago and has yet to show me that they care one ounce about the game itself.  I was told that some of the original architects of the 3.8 changes are no longer with company but we'll have to just wait and see if these changes reflect a new direction.

4) BAD JUJU:

- The most OP tank in the game has been the A-20 with the Auto-Loader - and that's DESPITE the fact that the A-20 has been nerfed and then re-nerfed over the past 2 years.  And yes, it is more devastating than the Ke-Ni-Otsu.  If you are a player skilled with the A-20's abilities, you too have noticed a fair number of low tier battles against AT-2's, KV-1's and other such heavily armored, high alpha Tier V beasts.  But even those obstacles couldn't contain the awesome shredding power of the A-20's Auto-Loader. I knew that this tank was too good to be true for some time now and have waited for Wargaming to remove my favorite toy from my grasp. By removing the Auto-Loader, Wargaming effectively removes the fun from the tank and relegates it to something along the lines of useless.

- The Hetzer's big derp.  I don't even know what to say about this.  "Hetzers gotta Hetz" is definitely going to be a saying of the past now.  Again, the fun is removed...

- ps - Wait until they removed the Derp from the KV-2 and the 183.  Don't think they won't/can't anymore.

I've been logging almost daily to open up my crates but now that they just contain boosters so it's not worth the effort anymore.  I'll wait to see what happens with all these upcoming changes.  If Wargaming deposits a WarChest in my account in the interim, my outlook might improve.  Otherwise, my anticipation of what's to come is on the negative side...

Best of luck to you all!

_War_Child_

War_Vet_1 #2 Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 16228 battles
  • [4ROG]
Sad but true... +1

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

theFANTASTICfox #3 Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

DRINK!

• Players
  • 21319 battles
I'm still waiting for the VK 72.01 K to be added

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

CrazyHunter13 #4 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7211 battles

View PosttheFANTASTICfox, on 19 July 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for the VK 72.01 K to be added

additional Chinese and Japs lines...we still have the same, single line for both nations since their inital release...

RockMonsterNo1 #5 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10433 battles
  • [DETH]
I saw that they could be removing the A-20s gun and thought "War_Child" ain't gonna be happy. I'm pissed off the most by removing the Hetzer's gun.

slayer_____ #6 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:47 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 40305 battles
  • [ATA2D]
Well said, you are missed. 

1_RaTcHeT_DaD #7 Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31327 battles
Well said War Child! I myself feel the same screw me 1 time shame on me..screw me twice its a screw you so i havent bought a premium tank or premium time hell i dont even log in much..31k in battles chit ton of premium tanks i mean alot and Wg is worried about new players! Wg pissed in alot of players wheaties and now bye bye to another money spender

blond_bombshell #8 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 722 battles
  • [UOHMI]
Agree with you all.. my dad has 22k battles . Is there any way to get regular wot on a android tablet? Our network is unlimited and I hope I got the space. I suppose my ram is sub. Par... help would be appreciated. dads account is like 7 years old in wot regular account but still has his passwords.

Forward_To_Death #9 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5479 battles
  • [MOM]

View Postblond_bombshell, on 27 August 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Agree with you all.. my dad has 22k battles . Is there any way to get regular wot on a android tablet? .

Pretty certain that you'd need to be able to run a Windows instance on your tablet...so Nope. That's the niche that Blitz fills, in theory.

CrazyHunter13 #10 Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7211 battles

View PostForward_To_Death, on 27 August 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

Pretty certain that you'd need to be able to run a Windows instance on your tablet...so Nope. That's the niche that Blitz fills, in theory.

there are tablets that run windows 10 so yes, yes you can. Although you'll need a keyboard and mouse...best bet bluetooth

Forward_To_Death #11 Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5479 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostCrazyHunter13, on 28 August 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

there are tablets that run windows 10 so yes, yes you can. Although you'll need a keyboard and mouse...best bet bluetooth

Good point. My current laptop is a 2-in-1 (hardly a true tablet experience, given the weight), you'd think that I would've thought of that. I think that it might try to run in touch mode, never tried it.

Running Windows on an Android tablet, as asked? Sounds like a headache to configure, to me.

Also tagged with Changes, _War_Child_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users