74 replies to this topic

Belomor73 #21 Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 69203 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostDHGcrimson, on 23 July 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

damage is easy idk about the wr

Remember camping in e75 when we did countdowns. You did the most damage. 

___ez_e___ #22 Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]

So far the only battle that I lost where I felt I was playing disciplined, however I assumed too much and made the wrong decision.  

I saw FLOOP platoon was flanking and so I had a choice.  Do I go bridge with heavies or go with FLOOP.  

Well as you you can see the heavy group did 4 dmg to support me.   I assumed too much as I didn’t expect that bad of a performance from teammates.    Then I was just overrun since the heavy team collapsed.  At that point FLOOP themselves had taken too much damage to be an effective threat.  

On hindsight I should have worked with FLOOP because at least 3 guns could have worked together to turn the tide of the battle.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 24 July 2018 - 11:13 AM.

bob_000 #23 Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13778 battles
  • [S3MC]
Good luck mate. You're gonna need it. It's ridiculous and I don't even know how I manage to do it. There are going to be horrible teams and horrible loss streaks but don't let those get to you. Just keep on hitting 2.5k+ consistently and you'll reach it. 

___ez_e___ #24 Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]

Battles where I was totally undisciplined 

I am watching replays of ever lose to see my errors.  Too funny.  

So this evening.  I set myself up and focus on being analytical and disciplined.  I really force myself not to over chase.  I’m practically pulling my hair out.  Lol. 

Then I do this and survive every battle. 

Edited by ___ez_e___, 24 July 2018 - 03:48 AM.

___ez_e___ #25 Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]

I gained 95k credits from those wins on a premium account.  Had I been on my usual free account, I would have lost $11k.  

So even though my team won every battle, I avg 2467 dmg, AND I survived every battle, I again would still lose $11k on my f2p account.  

P2P players really don’t understand the catch-22 of Tier X for F2P.   

If it weren’t for spare parts I’d never have a chance to do this experiment.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 24 July 2018 - 03:47 PM.

___ez_e___ #26 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]

I think I’m starting to get a decent feel for tier X.

To me, tier X is just a slower more methodical game play.

My last 2 battles below. I’ve only died once since I posted the win streak and only lost once. Died and lost the same game.  

I’m at 62.96%, 2128 damage, and 51.85% survival. 

just this past weekend my stats were. 

“30 days - 9 battles in tier 10, 44.44% wr, 1711 average damage, 33% survival”

Edited by ___ez_e___, 24 July 2018 - 06:51 PM.

___ez_e___ #27 Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]

I feel like I’m making better decisions, but at the same time I’m running into streaks of being undisciplined.   

I feel like I’m losing battles for 3 primary reason:

1. Play undisciplined 

2. Not recognizing when team collapses fast enough.  

OMG some teams collapse almost as soon as the game begins, because you got some light rushing forward to get completely annihilated.  Tier X is definitely crazy, because it does feel like you have players that can’t even do 100 dmg.   So my cut and run senses have to recognize collapses much earlier then I normally do at lower tiers.   

3. Team camps at spawn.  

So in lower tiers battles, I will take the risky move and spot for the team.   I did it a few battles in tier X where I spotted and it caused me to have low damage (btw 1500-1900), but my team was able to mop up.  It just happened that my team was smart enough to win. 

I just don’t know if this will work at Tier X and would like to know what some super unicums think is the best strategy or strategies for teams that camp at spawn.  

In my small sample size, I can say that tier X is definitely the jekyll and hyde of all tiers.   You just never know what you gonna get and the extremes are really bad. 

Edited by ___ez_e___, 25 July 2018 - 11:45 AM.

__Crusader6__ #28 Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 56102 battles
  • [III]

View Post___ez_e___, on 25 July 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

In my small sample size, I can say that tier X is definitely the jekyll and hyde of all tiers.   You just never know what you gonna get and the extremes are really bad. 

Tier 10: The domain of fools and Unicums.  

No other tier has such a massive skill gap - which makes those who can avg 65% very impressive 

Tank Hoarder: 352 tanks in Garage:  355/355 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed

___ez_e___ #29 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 25 July 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Tier 10: The domain of fools and Unicums.  

No other tier has such a massive skill gap - which makes those who can avg 65% very impressive 

What do you recommend for teams that camp at spawn.  I’m not sure what’s the most advantageous strategy at tier X.  

In lower tiers, I’ll take the risk to spot by myself for the team and in most cases it works.  

I don’t know if it will work in tier X.   I mean it worked at least once or twice, but I’m not convinced it’s necessarily the best strategy.  

__Crusader6__ #30 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 56102 battles
  • [III]

View Post___ez_e___, on 25 July 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

What do you recommend for teams that camp at spawn.  I’m not sure what’s the most advantageous strategy at tier X.  

In lower tiers, I’ll take the risk to spot by myself for the team and in most cases it works.  

I don’t know if it will work in tier X.   I mean it worked at least once or twice, but I’m not convinced it’s necessarily the best strategy.  

I start to shame the team.   

Hot key SSO - Spawn Sitting Oxygen Thieves. 

I’m much more comfortable in Meds in X as I’m a mobility junkie. 

My E5 performance is erratic AF.   

Mainly for the lack of armor the E5 mobility is not up to snuff imho.   When I try to (cautiously) spot in it, I tend to be swarmed while the team watches from spawn.   

Tank Hoarder: 352 tanks in Garage:  355/355 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

40_Percenter #31 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29663 battles
  • [III-R]
2500 avg damage means your dropping into tier x battles which has become the home to dopes. Your team will most likely be absolutely horrible at least 40-50 percent of the time which means winning 65 percent of your games is virtually impossible. 
Nobody likes 40 Percenters.  

__Crusader6__ #32 Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:06 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 56102 battles
  • [III]

Bump. 

Simply because I’m at the cottage with family for a week - and can’t really get time to play so I want to know how it’s going in X without playing Blitz myself. 

MarBearCat #33 Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 21995 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Post___ez_e___, on 21 July 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

I have been disrespected and insulted in my playing ability.  

I will prove that as a veteran player I do know how to play at a high level

Why don’t I always play at a high level?   Because it can feel like work and be very long, drawn out  and tedious.    

I will only play my T110E5 for the next 30 days solo.  

I intend to exceed 65 wr 2500 dmg with 0 platoon rate.   

This is a highly analytical game so even players who have a lower skill ceiling can do well.  

I played one game with my normal casual playing style.   What a disaster.   Lol.  

Below is the result.  

So afterwards, I did a little studying by watching some recent T110E5 videos to remind myself how it should be played.  

I wasn’t using it as a hulll down tank and chasing enemy.  Funny.  

My next two battles after some adjustments.  Mainly hull down.  

Hopefully I’m just getting warmed up.  

In other posts I’ll go over some of the other adjustments I made in more detail.  

Welp, I'm doing the same in Big Frenchie. AMX M4 49.

The only thing I will be out-doing you in is credits earned.

So far I'm earning 62,690 credits per win while avg only 1517 damage in those wins.

Good luck ez e

FallenCabbage3 #34 Posted 29 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15043 battles
  • [FS]
Good luck! 65% is very hard to get in tier ten. Congrats if you make it! Im at 60.5% wr ar tier ten right now, but you made me want to improve that. Strangely, I cant do platoons... I always suck when I'm in one lol. 

___ez_e___ #35 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]

Week 1 Update:

I Stink!!!   Lol  But, I am definitely learning a lot a lot a lot.   Hey, I don’t shy away from a challenge and if after 30 days I don’t even start coming close to or do not show material improvements, then I’m man enough to apologies and say I’m wrong it’s not so easy to analytically get better at the game.

I do still believe I can get to those stats, but I’m not sure if I personally can turn it around in 3 more weeks.  I can say that I originally started like most noobs at low 40 wr and had to learn to get to the playing ability I have currently.  

This challenge has definitely made me take my gaming more seriously, then I ever have.  Lol.

Ok, so far it hasn’t gone as well as planned however I do know where some of my weaknesses and issues are that need to be fixed.  Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.

Before starting my 30 day challenge in T110E5:

30 Days – 9 battles, 44.44% WR, 1711 dmg, 33% survival ( I should have kept my other stats, but I will for this).

After one week challenge in T110E5:

30 Days – 247 battles, 52.63% WR, 1.06 DR, 1.40 KDR, 1759 DPB, 0.870 KPB, 6.68 HPB, 1.23, 0.175 WPM, 585 DPM, 0.2961 KPM, 81.80% Hit Rate, and  37.65% survival

Stats improved slightly, but for me I’m just finally regularly playing tier X so I realize I’m still learning a lot and will continue to learn.

Before I took the tier 10 challenge, I would typically play maybe one or two tier 10 battles per week at most.

Now that I am playing tier X regularly here are some of my observations (many learned the brutal way):

1.  Everything is transitional! 

I can’t believe how many times I go to what I think is the front line then take one shot and before I can say “boom” all of my teammates have cut and run for no reason other then to run away and hide, so they can’t get hit.   I didn’t expect this to happen this much, but it happens way too much and more so then any other tier.   So as a heavy, I have to be ready to cut and run way more.  I've probably had my lowest damage and worst losses when this happens.

2.  Supremacy seems to be the easiest way to lose. 

I’ve had teams yolo cap, then I’m stuck running away from enemy tanking taking pot shots at them until either I die from being chased down or lose by cap timer.  So frustrating.  What does someone recommend in dealing with this specific issue?  Is the best you can hope for is damage farm it out?

3.  I can’t seem to generate the pen needed for the dmp consistently!!! 

This is the most frustrating.  When I’m up against a T110E4, Maus, E100, or even an E75 I can have games where I’m literally the last to die and I feel like I’m playing it right.  Bounce after bounce I end up with crap DMG of around 1500ish when this happens.  I main use AP, but I will use HEAT for these particular tanks if necessary.   Is my ammo selection poor?  Should I be using HE more then I do?   I need to figure this out to actually get the useable dmg by penning.

4.  Maps

I don’t know the best spots on every map to be effective.  Certain maps I feel very comfortable using, because I have some good spots for the T110E5.  Other maps, I just don’t know where is the best locations for this tank.

5 .Matchups. 

Like lower tiers, I can look at the loadup screen and view the matchups and predict how the battle will go, however certain heavy matchups definitely give pen issues more then other match ups.

6. Don’t help other tanks. 

I normally don’t help other tanks, but from forum I saw the thread about losing the one tank.  So I would see a tank yolo and then I would stupidly go there to try and “save” them so we wouldn't be down the tank count.  I thought, hey maybe I can convince them to come back.  Stupid.  It’s already too late by the time I move and it’s put me out of position.

7.  Rise to the occasion player. 

That’s me.  I’ve had my best games by far against high profile players and I’ve had some really bad games against no name no clan players.  I’ve got to keep my mindset even and don’t take enemies for granted.  This is a bad habit I need to fix. 

Week 2 Battle Plans:

• Be aware of transitional teammates
  • Hull down
  • Don’t help those that can’t be help
  • Figure out how to generate more pen from shots.
  • Attempt to get at least one more hit per battle increase in the stats. 
  • Stop after 3 losses in a row.  I normally never stop for any losses, but I will now start stop playing after 3 losses in a row.  See how that changes it.  How long do you usually wait?

I'll add battle screens later.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 30 July 2018 - 10:15 PM.

HumanCoookie #36 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14811 battles
I prefer solo than platoons. I do better.

Good players forget the names of tanks and maps.

Also, was in [PRAMO] for ~2 hrs and platooned with Mike!

___ez_e___ #37 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]
Out all the battles, I only recognized one player that I though was really exceptional.    Now it does have to do with sample size as we were in back to back battles.    Don’t get me wrong there was other great players, but I didn’t get the up close sample size.  

Defaultz

He had back to back + 4000 and + 5000.   I was the next highest in the +5000 with a meager 1900.    

Again probably only due to sample size.

FallenCabbage3 #38 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15043 battles
  • [FS]

To answer a couple of your questions(From the way you numbered them)

2: If you have trouble with supremacy, you can just turn it off. In supremacy, usually both teams get one cap at the start, and there is one cap that is dangerous to get. Some light tanks may try to get it, so make sure they don't get it because it is hard to flip it mid game, and its usually too late at end game.

3: One way to help with pen is switching your gun rammer to the extra pen equipment if you need to. Here's a few weakspots, the e100 has a 'bar' on top of its turret. Shoot it, it is a easy pen if you hit it, but hard to hit at longer ranges. Not reliable, but this has won me quite a few games in my STB when the e100 thought he was safe. For the Mays, if you can't pen him, HE his tracks lol, that's what I do if he's the only target. The e4, you just need to judge how much you lead the shot if he's moving. Otherwise shoot the top hatch, or lower plate, cheeks, or track him. You'll be surprised how many times you can dmg a tank from just tracks, even if the hit skin says you can't. And the hatch of the e75 is an easy pen at close range if the lower plate usnt a option. Aim at the top part of its hatch, the bottom seems to bounce more then the top part when you hit It.

This is all assuming you dont want to use pramo. I've also seen you running around in tier ten past few days you seemed to be a good player:) Also, I'm not the best player, so take this with a grain of salt

Edited by FallenCabbage3, 30 July 2018 - 09:55 PM.

BIueMax #39 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4105 battles

View Post___ez_e___, on 22 July 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

We already had A and B capped and we already had more guns alive

Ahhh, you’re playing Supremacy.

Sorry, for a moment there, I thought you were actually capturing some data that was going to be relevant  to the game. 

Edited by BIueMax, 30 July 2018 - 09:52 PM.

___ez_e___ #40 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58496 battles
  • [FUZY]

View PostBIueMax, on 30 July 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

Ahhh, you’re playing Supremacy.

Sorry, for a moment there, I thought you were actually capturing some data that was going to be relevant  to the game. 

Yeah I get it.  It's easy to knock a man when he's down.  No sweat.  I'm a man.  I can take it.

Just give me 3 more weeks to see how much I can improve from my original 44 wr.

That will be the real bar.

Some feedback on my update would have been appreciated.   

Edited by ___ez_e___, 30 July 2018 - 10:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users