Replays WoTBlitz Game Improvement Game Mechanics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Scarlet_Genesis #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:30 AM

Private

• Players
  • 21565 battles
  • [STORM]
im going to be honest, I love the new replay system that was introduced a few patches ago! It makes sharing and boasting to all of your friends about some heroic achievement in battle that much more credible and engaging. And with the newest patch of 5.1, they added the post game summary screens, which is exactly how it should have been since the very moment replays were created. Anyways, I digress. To those of us who have saved replays to a drive of some sort: google drive, icloud, Dropbox,etc. we NEED to be able to show our older replays. You could have a seven thousand damage game in a tier eight tank on a replay that you get to show a couple people, but as SOON as the new patch comes out, replay is gone. WHY?! For what purpose does this serve? I am a long time member of blitz and this does need to be fixed. 

Scarlet_Genesis #2 Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:31 AM

Private

• Players
  • 21565 battles
  • [STORM]
To correct myself a little bit- as soon as a new patch comes out, the old replay is no longer able to be played or watched. Not just deleted or “gone”

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:21 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostRagey_Bananas_Mode, on 01 August 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

To correct myself a little bit- as soon as a new patch comes out, the old replay is no longer able to be played or watched. Not just deleted or “gone

You have been told this from the beginning.  If you failed to use a screen recorder to save special games that is your fault.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

tanker070 #4 Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:25 AM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 56290 battles
  • [SRT]

Replays are played server side I believe ...so as long as game is running in sync with the server updates your replay will work.  On update days...server gets cleaned and new update is installed.

Best way to record your stuff is to have it in mp4 file.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

HugGigolo #5 Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22909 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostRagey_Bananas_Mode, on 01 August 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

WHY?!

Because the game changes. There's typically an update every month.

The replay file is merely a data file that battle A took place on map B with tanks 1234 etc. They moved from a,b to x,y, looked this way, fired and did x damage and so on. The game client then takes that data and recreates the battle to make the replay.

To play old replay files, the game client will need to retain a bunch of old stuff we no longer need to play the game. I don't know everything that's required, but map changes are an obvious one. Going forwards, it would need both the old and new versions of every map or the old replay on an old map can't be recreated. The size of Blitz's download is already an issue for some people. Plus as we've seen with this update, the replay system itself is improving, so now we not only need all the data from old maps etc. but the ability to read 2, 3 or however many versions of the replay system we get.

If all that was necessary, it's possible that we'd never get the replay system in the first place. Too much work and it will balloon the size of the download over time. Not worth it.

__The_Dude_30__ #6 Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21835 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Simply record the replays and save them. Then, they will never be lost unless you delete them.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Also tagged with Replays, WoTBlitz, Game Improvement, Game Mechanics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users