K 91:Vents or Calibrated shells??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

yermama #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41170 battles
  • [RCAF]
I really like the K 91, makes excellent credits and a solid hull down tank...still not sure what is best configuration... vents or calibrated shells...any views?

Gladsfur #2 Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 80954 battles
  • [INRI]
I run calibrated shells for the extra pen. It’s really a matter of personal preference. Do you want the highest dpm possible or maximum pen. 

Gavidoc01 #3 Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:50 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 42560 battles
  • [III]

Run vents. Has a greater benefit over calibrated shells IMO.  Doesn't help reload but it helps all the other stats such as:

View range

Track traverse

Turret traverse

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

_ArmoredGlassCannon #4 Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

Player with an oxymoron username in NA server

• Players
  • 20207 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Run calibrated shells. 

"Give an anime fan any object, and they will find a way to want to stick their ***k in it" — Gigguk

"IDF super op military uses ancient M103 and makes them bullet proof with sand bags. F****ing op military moments." — mike82198

Holy_Outlaw #5 Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30344 battles
  • [501DV]
This is a great question and there are so many different aspects to it, it surely inspires a lot of discussion and disagreement. In such situations many will argue that in an autoloader, you should run calibrated shells as you want to give yourself as much chance as possible to pen every shot before the long reload. Others will say they prefer the improved buffs of vents, even being slight they add up and change the feel of things. I don't have the K 91, but do have the Defender. I ran vents for a long time with it, but now run calibrated shells and prefer this. I can deal with the gun handling, and want to pen with apcr as much as possible, and not rely on its heat unless I really have to. Also when I run other auto loaders, Amx50 100 ect, I usually run calibrated shells too. With the Helsing I tried both, and its a strange case for me. Its pen isn't that great, so you would think calibrated shells would be by far the best. But the Helsing has a bit wonky, strange gun handling especially with the 2nd shot. With calibrated the gun handling just didn't feel as comfortable to me, so I run vents for it. It made the gun and tank that much more comfortable for me in a variety of situations. You might have to try both eventually, as it can come down to playstyle. There sometimes is no one " right answer" for every single player. I snap shot a lot, and with my playstyle I feel calibrated shells benefits me most. I would try calibrated shells first, but try vents later. See what feels best for you, and if your results vary much. 

Defaultz #6 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:19 PM

Yolos get you Kolos

• Players
  • 31415 battles
  • [STEEB]
Run calibrated. The point of an autoloader is to land as many hits as possible, and increasing penetration is a great way to do this when increasing rate of fire is not avail. 

yermama #7 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41170 battles
  • [RCAF]

View PostAlpha998, on 02 August 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

This is a great question and there are so many different aspects to it, it surely inspires a lot of discussion and disagreement. In such situations many will argue that in an autoloader, you should run calibrated shells as you want to give yourself as much chance as possible to pen every shot before the long reload. Others will say they prefer the improved buffs of vents, even being slight they add up and change the feel of things. I don't have the K 91, but do have the Defender. I ran vents for a long time with it, but now run calibrated shells and prefer this. I can deal with the gun handling, and want to pen with apcr as much as possible, and not rely on its heat unless I really have to. Also when I run other auto loaders, Amx50 100 ect, I usually run calibrated shells too. With the Helsing I tried both, and its a strange case for me. Its pen isn't that great, so you would think calibrated shells would be by far the best. But the Helsing has a bit wonky, strange gun handling especially with the 2nd shot. With calibrated the gun handling just didn't feel as comfortable to me, so I run vents for it. It made the gun and tank that much more comfortable for me in a variety of situations. You might have to try both eventually, as it can come down to playstyle. There sometimes is no one " right answer" for every single player. I snap shot a lot, and with my playstyle I feel calibrated shells benefits me most. I would try calibrated shells first, but try vents later. See what feels best for you, and if your results vary much. 

Thanks!!!!!!

yermama #8 Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41170 battles
  • [RCAF]
Thanks all for the informed feddback, very much appreciated! 07

Holy_Outlaw #9 Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30344 battles
  • [501DV]

View Postyermama, on 02 August 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Thanks all for the informed feddback, very much appreciated! 07

Hey you're very welcome! As Defaultz said, you want to maximize every shot penned with an autoloader, especially with the long reload. I would go calibrated shells. 07 and have fun in your K 91, I hope to get it someday. 

Spekulatius #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32181 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostDefaultz, on 02 August 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Run calibrated. The point of an autoloader is to land as many hits as possible, and increasing penetration is a great way to do this when increasing rate of fire is not avail. 

I run calibrated shells on all my autoloaders. The underlying thinking is to make the shots count. That’s what autoloader seems are build around. But opinions differ and other folks (better than me) run vents on some.

Edited by Spekulatius, 11 August 2018 - 09:37 PM.

Community pledge signer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users