Oasis Palm draws

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

giuseppes25 #1 Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

http://imageshack.com/i/ey93pSU3j

I'm starting to get really pissed off this map. I end getting draws on it too many times. 

Check this battle, it was epic. And not for me scoring 7k damage on the FV. It was epic because we got stuck in the middle of the battle for quite a while with teams facing each other but none prevailing. Then me and another medium moved to a good position and unlocked the scenario. 

Last tank could not be taken down because of time. 10 secs more were needed. It would have been  a nice reward for fighting so well. But then...

So disappoining... I can't imagine how much XP i would have gotten in this case...

I don't get it, why so many draws on this map? Is it bigger than others? So why not prolonging the battle time on here? Does WG need a nobel prize to get it and make an adjustment?

EU server

Aivris #2 Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]

View Postgiuseppes25, on 24 December 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

I'm starting to get really pissed off this map. I end getting draws on it too many times. 

Check this battle, it was epic. And not for me scoring 7k damage on the FV. It was epic because we got stuck in the middle of the battle for quite a while with teams facing each other but none prevailing. Then me and another medium moved to a good position and unlocked the scenario. 

Last tank could not be taken down because of time. 10 secs more were needed. It would have been  a nice reward for fighting so well. But then...

So disappoining... I can't imagine how much XP i would have gotten in this case...

I don't get it, why so many draws on this map? Is it bigger than others? So why not prolonging the battle time on here? Does WG need a nobel prize to get it and make an adjustment?

Wow! Over 7000 damage dealt and with the FV4202! It must have been absolutely horrible when time ran out for you...I truly feel sorry for you and I wish you did win. You deserved to win. :ohmy:

I don't think that there is a certain answer as to why you're experiencing so many draws on that map. It's rarely happened to me at Oasis Palms but personally, I think it may be because of all the sniping/camping positions of the map. Both spawns are positioned close to camping areas and the hills/dunes on either side of the map also allow for tanks to sit and camp it out. Furthermore, due to the fact that there's not much cover for moving up, players become reluctant to advance. 

Nevertheless, that must have been an awesome effort. At least you put up an epic fight against the enemy, despite the 'situation' of some of your team mates.

giuseppes25 #3 Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

The point is I was the one going for the last kill so I would have hit the 8000 roof. Moreover there is a contest going on with British tanks, this draw cost me one of the first places for sure :/ (WG you owe me a Lowe and gold, you bastards! :D)

Anyway I'll keep recording draws from now on but I'm absolutely sure this map gets first prize, it's huge with many covered spots you gotta reach to drive out last tanks...

EU server

Aivris #4 Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]
I wish we had a contest with the British tanks. Still, we've been getting discounts on the Brits so it's not too bad. :great:

SkiFletch #5 Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30801 battles
  • [SRT]
You're just now starting to hate Oasis Palms?  I've been seething over it since about 2 weeks after it's release.  Never seen a chance at an 8k game down the drain though.  Sorry bro

Trevlacd #6 Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3181 battles
  • [NYC]

I know this sounds like a silly question, and really it is, but could engine please explain how to end a battle in a draw?

AXMarks #7 Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5015 battles

View PostTrevlacd, on 27 December 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

I know this sounds like a silly question, and really it is, but could engine please explain how to end a battle in a draw?

Engine says :

A battle ends in a draw when the battle time hits 0:00

AXM Entertainment
 KV-2 is my JAM!
      Completed: Jagdpanzer E-100     
"Enjoy the grind... meh, free exp"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users