Player name explanations

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tangntonic1 #1 Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1648 battles

Have two questions and have been searching the game info sites, but haven't found the answers. Would appreciate some help.

At the start of each game we see the list of players, both green and red. Could someone explain what the details to the side of each name mean?

Above - after Tyler Belfower for example, the bracketed [WRC2] is their platoon or clan?

Also, why are some players list with a long number after the word Player_12345678, etc. What's with that?

Next question: In the picture below, what do the little wreaths mean around the tanks mean?

I realize one is for premium, the other non-P.

And the one on the left, the gold banner with the star/wing thing, what's that one?

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll feel stupid once someone explains this to me.

Edited by Tangntonic1, 10 August 2018 - 01:14 PM.

ahredstealth #2 Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:32 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

[Brackets] Are clan names.

Player_########## is someone who either couldn't be bothered to make a name and just wanted to start licking the screen while driving tanks or a reroll player who wanted a screen licker name to be ironic when the play all 1337 against nublets.

When the tank indicator is blue, it means it's a TD.

They are arranged alphabetically, so don't think the top person is special.

The buttons on the bottom...

From left to right:

Left - Tank celebrating 3 month anniversary.  You get a multipler on XP/Credits on a win.

Silver Tank is a tank you're grinding in the tech tree.
Silver tank with the leaf stuff is a tech tree tank you've "elited" which means you have all the modules and the next tank on the tech tree researched.
Gold tank with leaf stuff is premium.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:  Platoons are indicated by little Flags after their names... and numbered if you have more than one, so you can tell who is together.

Edited by ahredstealth, 10 August 2018 - 01:32 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

WipWapJaws #3 Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 41260 battles
  • [WKD]

View Postahredstealth, on 10 August 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Slight add on, They are arranged high tier alphabetically then low tier alphabetically.   

If someone tries to tell u "Im top so Im team captain"  ignore everything they say as they are a moron  

Tangntonic1 #4 Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1648 battles

View PostWipWapJaws, on 10 August 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Slight add on, They are arranged high tier alphabetically then low tier alphabetically.   

If someone tries to tell u "Im top so Im team captain"  ignore everything they say as they are a moron  

Yep, I learned that one long ago, even I laugh now when someone claims that. Thanks!

View Postahredstealth, on 10 August 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

[Brackets] Are clan names.

Player_########## is someone who either couldn't be bothered to make a name and just wanted to start licking the screen while driving tanks or a reroll player who wanted a screen licker name to be ironic when the play all 1337 against nublets.

When the tank indicator is blue, it means it's a TD.

The buttons on the bottom...

From left to right:

Left - Tank celebrating 3 month anniversary.  You get a multipler on XP/Credits on a win.

Silver Tank is a tank you're grinding in the tech tree.
Silver tank with the leaf stuff is a tech tree tank you've "elited" which means you have all the modules and the next tank on the tech tree researched.
Gold tank with leaf stuff is premium.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:  Platoons are indicated by little Flags after their names... and numbered if you have more than one, so you can tell who is together.

Thanks for all the helpful info. I saw something else on that upper pix. Top right list, the reds, there are two Leopards listed, one has brighter white lettering, the other gray. What's the diff?

Kade18 #5 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11006 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostTangntonic1, on 10 August 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

Yep, I learned that one long ago, even I laugh now when someone claims that. Thanks!

Thanks for all the helpful info. I saw something else on that upper pix. Top right list, the reds, there are two Leopards listed, one has brighter white lettering, the other gray. What's the diff?

The brighter white guy has already loaded into the battle and is now waiting on the rest of the players to load in, when they do they’re grey names change to white

Also good job asking a good legitimate game question that actually makes sense unlike ppl who come on here and complain about teams and the like, nice to see some newer players actually want to learn how to play

Edited by Kade18, 10 August 2018 - 02:06 PM.

Kade18-Void
Like and subscribe (pls I beg)

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #6 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10272 battles
  • [COD]

View PostTangntonic1, on 10 August 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

The white tank names mean that player has loaded in to the match, while a gray name means they're still in the same screen you were in at the time of the screenshot.

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

Tangntonic1 #7 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1648 battles

View PostKade18, on 10 August 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

The brighter white guy has already loaded into the battle and is now waiting on the rest of the players to load in, when they do they’re grey names change to white

Also good job asking a good legitimate game question that actually makes sense unlike ppl who come on here and complain about teams and the like, nice to see some newer players actually want to learn how to play

Thanks for the info, and the praise, I felt a little dumb asking, but it's been bothering me awhile. I've found the forums to be a blast. I learn a lot and also learn where to go for help, Ytube, etc. Cheers.

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 10 August 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

The white tank names mean that player has loaded in to the match, while a gray name means they're still in the same screen you were in at the time of the screenshot.

Thanks Urgle, nice name.... I think.

Tangntonic1 #8 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1648 battles

Can I ask another question about the in game replay screen?

In the pix below, it show in each upper corner a little white icon, a set of dice or two heads. What are those for?

I've also been trying to figure out how to share a replay on the forum. I'd like some advice, well, mainly, some good critique of what I'm doing correctly or just plain wrong. My last game, T25, was a win and I helped the team, and I felt good about it.. But reviewing it I see a few good moves, shots, etc, but I also see many mistakes I made. What I need to hear is what mistakes I'm not even seeing.

In lieu of the next round of game changes, lower tiers, etc, I've decided to concentrate on improving my skills and knowledge by playing these three tanks I enjoy. The DW2, Bromwell and the T-25. I enjoy the T25 even though it's not the most armored tank I have. Something about it just pleases me. I want to get better at using it's talents in the game. I'll worry about higher tiers when I'm ready and have a couple of thousand games under my belt. 

Thanks again.

tankeatingtiger #9 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:50 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 15470 battles
  • [_VB_]

View PostTangntonic1, on 10 August 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Thanks for the info, and the praise, I felt a little dumb asking, but it's been bothering me awhile. I've found the forums to be a blast. I learn a lot and also learn where to go for help, Ytube, etc. Cheers

Forums are a blast as long as you don’t troll or try to insult respected contributors. Glad to see some intelligent new posters, thanks for checking out the forums! Enjoy. :)

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

tankeatingtiger #10 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:53 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 15470 battles
  • [_VB_]

View PostTangntonic1, on 10 August 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Can I ask another question about the in game replay screen?

In the pix below, it show in each upper corner a little white icon, a set of dice or two heads. What are those for?

I've also been trying to figure out how to share a replay on the forum. I'd like some advice, well, mainly, some good critique of what I'm doing correctly or just plain wrong. My last game, T25, was a win and I helped the team, and I felt good about it.. But reviewing it I see a few good moves, shots, etc, but I also see many mistakes I made. What I need to hear is what mistakes I'm not even seeing.

In lieu of the next round of game changes, lower tiers, etc, I've decided to concentrate on improving my skills and knowledge by playing these three tanks I enjoy. The DW2, Bromwell and the T-25. I enjoy the T25 even though it's not the most armored tank I have. Something about it just pleases me. I want to get better at using it's talents in the game. I'll worry about higher tiers when I'm ready and have a couple of thousand games under my belt. 

Thanks again.

The dice mean Random battle, I think the two heads means Platoon? Or is it training room battle? Not sure.

Sharing replays here is hard. Either upload to YouTube and then link the video, or put it in google drive and link that. I think those are the best ways to do it. It’s good that you have already started to look at your gameplay and see how you can get better.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

AmmorackedIS3 #11 Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6918 battles
  • [SR-72]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 10 August 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

The dice mean Random battle, I think the two heads means Platoon? Or is it training room battle? Not sure.

Sharing replays here is hard. Either upload to YouTube and then link the video, or put it in google drive and link that. I think those are the best ways to do it. It’s good that you have already started to look at your gameplay and see how you can get better.

its training room. There is also a different marking for tournament s, and i think there is a another for ratings, but i don't remember because there's no reason to play them [edited]

Tangntonic1 #12 Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1648 battles
Thanks 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users