Advice for a TD noob

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tankeatingtiger #1 Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 15470 battles
  • [_VB_]

So after reading some threads that seem to highly rate the Jpanther and Jpanther II, I watched Absolute_Sniper’s video in which he shreds everything in the II. 460 alpha, 9 sec reload, gun depression, German gun, strong upper hull, decent mobility, sign me up!

But the problem is I have very little experience with turretless TDs. According to blitzstars, I have played only 5 turretless tds for more than 50 battles, and less than 1k games in all turretless tds. Is this a wise move for a td nub? Really enjoyed the Flatpanzer, armor is good, speed is medium-esque, and the gun is godly. If the two Jpanthers are this good I will love this line. 

Three questions:

1. How is the stock grind on the Jpanthers? I have about 50k free xp but am grinding the hated T49 and finishing that on getting the e1 un-stock will probably suck up all 50k. I can handle being a little slow with a decent gun, but please don’t tell me it is really sluggish stock.

2. Camo/Playstyle? Do you play these like meds or does the Camo allow you to sit back until the end game where you can mop up?

3. Gun arc/COD. Do these tanks have insane gun arcs and/or good enough traverse to avoid most COD-ers? That is my main concern, as I am inexperienced with avoiding getting COD-ed.

Any little tips for being good in these tanks or being good in turretless tds in general would be great.

Thanks, 

-tankeatingtiger 

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

cheesehead247365 #2 Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9102 battles
  • [TYCHE]
I don't recall the grind being that bad up this line.  I've had all the German turretless TDs and love the Stug, flatpanzer, Jagdpanther 1/2 and the Jagdtiger (I don't have Ferd or the Borsig line). The armor I don't think is great, but tanks are way more mobile than the Russians and have very fast/accurate guns.  Sniping from the rear works well with low dispersions and very good camos.  They can traverse fast and reduce being circled well.  I love the German TD line above all others.

richdubz #3 Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13546 battles
  • [SEMPF]
Be aware that the soulless Cossacks will be castrating the StuG with a dull and rusty Sabre, and they’ll be sucking all the fun, joy and life out of it in the upcoming balancing nerf.  If you’re going to play it, play it now.

Edited by richdubz, 10 August 2018 - 04:15 PM.

tankeatingtiger #4 Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 15470 battles
  • [_VB_]

View Postrichdubz, on 10 August 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Be aware that the soulless Cossacks will be castrating the StuG with a dull and rusty Sabre, and they’ll be sucking all the fun, joy and life out of it in the upcoming balancing nerf.  If you’re going to play it, play it now.

I have enough xp to get Jpanther, but yea the poor stug. That thing is awesome.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

RoadKutter #5 Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 31333 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postrichdubz, on 10 August 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

huh? None of that made sense!

Ghosting reds since 2014

PanzertroopenVT #6 Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11474 battles
  • [PRDE]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 10 August 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

I have enough xp to get Jpanther, but yea the poor stug. That thing is awesome.

I went Saint Emil tree, regret it now, teams aren't strong enough to hope for help of any sort. That tree u describe is the bee's knee's for turretless. That being said straight on encounters for ur tier not much can Fk with u, gun accuracy is BEAST!!!! Let patoon and run a few! And for all u squeeze lovers out there I found a gem

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

cheesehead247365 #7 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9102 battles
  • [TYCHE]
I didn't realize Stug is being nerfed.  Its my best tank so I think I'll still be ok.  

richdubz #8 Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13546 battles
  • [SEMPF]

View PostRoadKutter, on 10 August 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

huh? None of that made sense!

I hear that all the time!

However, in this instance, I'm referencing the rumored speed and mobility nerfs that will turn my StuG from a sprightly, agile, sprinting 55KMH solid-gold menace into a relatively sluggish, cumbersome, panting-just-to-run-50-meters-at-a-slow-jog 48KMH toaster oven.

https://blitzhangar....ow-tier-germany

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users