Jump to content


IS-5

Tips Buy? IS-5

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Tackywheat1 #1 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:04 AM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 11776 battles
  • 2,148
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013
Should I get the IS-5? I just got personal supply level X. Also does anyone have any tips for it?

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead


skylerneal2020 #2 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:05 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16717 battles
  • 569
  • [GUNR]
  • Member since:
    08-30-2015
its broken and needs a nerf imo

-thx, sparticusdiablo for the signature 

Favorite tanks: 112, Type62, Type59, Strv74a2, KV-1S, WT Pz IV, Amx1390, Ke-Ni, Bt-7, PZ IIIa, Stug III G, VK 100.01 (P)

Tanks ive mastered: 112, type62, type59, ke-ni, bt-7, pz3a, stug3g, type2957 chi-ha, ac4, kv2, kv1s, m3 stuart, vk30.02m, pz4 anko sp, type t34, m5a1 stuart, amx38, panther m10, cruiser 2, hetzer, covenater, bt7 arty, mk1 hvy, r35


AmmorackedIS3 #3 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:22 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7758 battles
  • 125
  • [SR-72]
  • Member since:
    07-24-2017
You probably should get it, especially if you don't have any other tier 8 premiums. As for playing, it is a beefed up IS-3 basically

Destroy0 #4 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:25 AM

    Currently Unavailable

  • Players
  • 20666 battles
  • 2,215
  • [FRS17]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2016
Oh yeah, that thing ruins tier 8 like the Deathstar ruins tier 10.

It's got an impenetrable turret, a wicked pikenose, Is8 level side armor, and mobility that is for some reason better then all the other Is varients.

cupcakefight #5 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:33 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27997 battles
  • 170
  • [FLOOP]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2017

What the heck are y'all smoking? I definitely prefer the IS-3, by miles, other than the credit coefficient. The IS-5's turret hatches are an easy pen and I find that the APCR is far more unreliable. Meanwhile the IS-3 has a much stronger turret.

 

It has a little more dpm at the cost of less pen, and more hull armor at the cost of mobility (worse terrain resistance seems to make a huge difference plus horrid traverse). Not to mention worse gun handling. Still, I'd get it. Also, arguably, the T34 is by far more OP than the IS-5.

 

It does NOT have better mobility, gun handling, or turret than the IS-3.

It has the same gun stats as the T34 despite 27mm less pen (and more shell velocity)

 

Please people, check your facts before your emotions get the best of you.


Edited by cupcakefight, 11 August 2018 - 12:39 AM.

Tanks I hate driving: Pz. III A, SU-100M1, St. Emil, UE 57, Somua SAu 40, Cruiser II, M41 Walker Bulldog

Tanks I no longer hate: T71, T-62a


War_Vet_1 #6 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:38 AM

    Major Disaster

  • Players
  • 16043 battles
  • 1,756
  • [4ROG]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
It's still worth the purchase.

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!


Tackywheat1 #7 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:42 AM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 11776 battles
  • 2,148
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostAmmorackedIS3, on 10 August 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

You probably should get it, especially if you don't have any other tier 8 premiums. As for playing, it is a beefed up IS-3 basically

 

yeah it would be my only tier 8 premium

 

View Postcupcakefight, on 10 August 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

What the heck are y'all smoking? I definitely prefer the IS-3, by miles, other than the credit coefficient. The IS-5's turret hatches are an easy pen and I find that the APCR is far more unreliable. Meanwhile the IS-3 has a much stronger turret.

 

It has a little more dpm at the cost of less pen, and more hull armor at the cost of mobility (worse terrain resistance seems to make a huge difference plus horrid traverse). Not to mention worse gun handling. Still, I'd get it. Also, arguably, the T34 is by far more OP than the IS-5.

 

It does NOT have better mobility, gun handling, or turret than the IS-3.

It has the same gun stats as the T34 despite 27mm less pen (and more shell velocity)

 

Please people, check your facts before your emotions get the best of you.


it has IS-8 turret so I'm used to the turret hatches and vulnerable cheeks. I'll probs play it like an IS-3


ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead


Absolute_Sniper #8 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:47 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36156 battles
  • 2,721
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View PostTackywheat1, on 11 August 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Should I get the IS-5? I just got personal supply level X. Also does anyone have any tips for it?

Yes. It prints credits. It’s easy to carry in. It’s only 1500 gold. 

 

Tips to win in the IS-5 are simple. Drive forward and shoot. The gun handling is horrid so don’t expect it to hit where you’re aiming. It’s armor is solid and very strong while you are on the move. If you can drive any of the IS-spam tanks well, this one is no different



Tackywheat1 #9 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:58 AM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 11776 battles
  • 2,148
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 10 August 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Yes. It prints credits. It’s easy to carry in. It’s only 1500 gold. 

 

Tips to win in the IS-5 are simple. Drive forward and shoot. The gun handling is horrid so don’t expect it to hit where you’re aiming. It’s armor is solid and very strong while you are on the move. If you can drive any of the IS-spam tanks well, this one is no different

 

I'll try it

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead


Modern_Neanderthal #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:02 AM

    Sedentary Nomad

  • Players
  • 45217 battles
  • 626
  • [BOWL]
  • Member since:
    11-02-2014
Can't beat the price- cheaper than a level V premium

Sepp_Ulrich #11 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:07 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38264 battles
  • 1,070
  • [21DAK]
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016
I just killed one in my last battle with my AMX M4 mle 49. IS 5 is to be respected, but far from impenetrable.
The Angel of Verdun

Tackywheat1 #12 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:12 AM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 11776 battles
  • 2,148
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostSepp_Ulrich, on 10 August 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

I just killed one in my last battle with my AMX M4 mle 49. IS 5 is to be respected, but far from impenetrable.

 

Well the M4 49 is truly OP. absurd frontal armor with very small weakspots. really only tier 9's can deal with it effectively

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead


WipWapJaws #13 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:35 AM

    Clanless Scrub

  • Players
  • 46064 battles
  • 3,651
  • [WKD]
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014
The IS5 for its price is a bargain.  It makes ok credits and is a fun drive when u are used to driving tanks that get penned and HEd by everything.   The hatches are an issue, just learn how to hide them and wiggle both your turret and tracks and your troubles will bounce away. 

Edited by WipWapJaws, 11 August 2018 - 01:35 AM.


dport02 #14 Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:41 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28392 battles
  • 858
  • [-FE4R]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
It’s an RNG based tank.

Tackywheat1 #15 Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:34 AM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 11776 battles
  • 2,148
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostWipWapJaws, on 10 August 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

The IS5 for its price is a bargain.  It makes ok credits and is a fun drive when u are used to driving tanks that get penned and HEd by everything.   The hatches are an issue, just learn how to hide them and wiggle both your turret and tracks and your troubles will bounce away. 

 

Wait how do the hatches compare to the IS-8 hatches?

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead


Wombeer #16 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:05 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27845 battles
  • 1,542
  • [HRNET]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2015

IS5 has godlike armor and decent mobility, pen, and alpha. DPM, gun handling, gun depression, etc all suck donkey nuts. 

 

Theres a reason it’s boring to play; it depends more on reds’ incompetence and/or RNG than the driver’s skill in order to do well. Snooze



e___18989 #17 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:11 AM

    Blitz YouTuber

  • Players
  • 35224 battles
  • 1,466
  • [O_C_S]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014

Yes buy the thing! And watch my guide on it. Link to my youtube channel below. It will tell you everything about it and how to play it. Hope it helps!

 

https://www.youtube....h?v=LshNg-5b_q0


 

 

My YouTube Channel https://m.youtube.co...4AzNFKLkgEZZjGQ

 

I’m not a wallet warrior. I’m a premium tank specialist. :great:


Immel_man #18 Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 55824 battles
  • 469
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
If you think you’re playing a skill based game, the IS5 will teach you proper RNG based tactics.

rabbitlover2016 #19 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10160 battles
  • 440
  • Member since:
    02-19-2016

View Postcupcakefight, on 11 August 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

What the heck are y'all smoking? I definitely prefer the IS-3, by miles, other than the credit coefficient. The IS-5's turret hatches are an easy pen and I find that the APCR is far more unreliable. Meanwhile the IS-3 has a much stronger turret.

 

It has a little more dpm at the cost of less pen, and more hull armor at the cost of mobility (worse terrain resistance seems to make a huge difference plus horrid traverse). Not to mention worse gun handling. Still, I'd get it. Also, arguably, the T34 is by far more OP than the IS-5.

 

It does NOT have better mobility, gun handling, or turret than the IS-3.

It has the same gun stats as the T34 despite 27mm less pen (and more shell velocity)

 

Please people, check your facts before your emotions get the best of you.

100% agree, I would take the is3 over the is5 any day. 



Destroy0 #20 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:05 PM

    Currently Unavailable

  • Players
  • 20666 battles
  • 2,215
  • [FRS17]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2016

View Postrabbitlover2016, on 11 August 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

100% agree, I would take the is3 over the is5 any day. 

I play a lot of tier 8, and I can tell you that the Is3 is much easier to deal with then the Is5.

 

Now it might be easily chalked up to the fact that only veteren players can access the Is5, but there is a significant armor difference between the two.

 

While the two tanks have identical armor on paper, the Is5 has a much more pronounced and effective pikenose. It also seems to get Is7 and Is8 level of inpennable side armor.







Also tagged with Tips, Buy?, IS-5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users