Armor KV-3 Game Mechanics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

__Synx__ #1 Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27542 battles
  • [PURPL]

Ok. I just played a few rounds trying to grind my KV-3 up... and got completely smashed, even when hulldown. Looks like people penetrating AP into my turret FACE? What is going on? Has KV-3 always been this weak? Big letdown it seems.

Looking on armor indicator the parts around the gun and turret forehead are only 117mm of spaced with nothing behind it? 200mm at best? What kind of heavy tank is this WG? I just had IS6, Helsing, even IS tanks with 175mm of pen go straight through my turret without even aiming. 

Really weird adding to the fact that the IS has a harder to pen hull, better mobility, better DPM with the 122mm, and better turret armor in that it is rounded. Hm.

Edit: Using Blitz Hangar for armor thickness indicator

Edited by __Snx__, 16 August 2018 - 09:10 PM.

Self-sworn Free-to-Play player and Optimist. 

"Salt is not an acceptable social currency anywhere. It's a liability that impedes positive communication, improvement and learning on many levels."                              - Anonymous

Paradox_Donut #2 Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:28 PM

Russian Sealclubber

• Players
  • 34004 battles
  • [BU2AX]
KV-3 isn't good because of the weak spots. You have to bait shots by side scraping. The IS is the one that has better armor.
Also to maximize armor angle so your frontal weak spots are stronger and they can't pen your sides.

Edited by Paradox_Donut, 16 August 2018 - 09:31 PM.

/img

I   hAvE nO iDeA wHaT i'M dOiNg

Jonny_applesauce #3 Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10925 battles

Yes - finally someone else who sees the IS as having better armor AND mobility than the poor old KV3

To solve your problem, stop going hull down and start side-scraping - it is the only thing the KV3 is good at. Bait shots with those long, thick sides and hope your gun hits where you point it.

The KV4 is the same way, but the ST1 has all the turret armor in the world so you will have to change your play according to which tank you are in.

Of course FLOOP knows all that

Edited by Jonny_applesauce, 16 August 2018 - 09:34 PM.

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

__Synx__ #4 Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27542 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 16 August 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:]

Of course FLOOP knows all that

Thanks. I just didn't expect this thing to be so weak and all. Turns out running the 100mm is much better, with the improved accuracy, DPM, and pramo pen.

Self-sworn Free-to-Play player and Optimist. 

"Salt is not an acceptable social currency anywhere. It's a liability that impedes positive communication, improvement and learning on many levels."                              - Anonymous

MudkipAtWar #5 Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

die

• Players
  • 22282 battles
  • [FL-TH]
I don’t think I’ve bounced a shot that wasn’t a medium In the is, compared to the kv3, which used to be my stat padder before I found the emil

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users