Before buying a premium, require tankers to have owned a tech tree tank of the same tier.

Tier premium tank new player tech tree wallet warrior

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Kaos_Dynamo #1 Posted 18 August 2018 - 04:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25915 battles
  • [7CAV]

If you must have owned a tank of the tier you’d like to buy, you won’t get players as shown on the attached picture with 58 battles and a Lowe. Wargaming could get more money from gold upgrades, we would get more experienced players at tier 8. Win, win!

I’m going to preempt the trolls here: no, it’s not a huge deal. No, it’s not a huge percentage of new players. Yes, I’m actually making a suggestion to make the game better.

Edited by Kaos_Dynamo, 18 August 2018 - 04:28 PM.

Kaos_Dynamo #2 Posted 18 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25915 battles
  • [7CAV]

Couldn’t post the picture of the player - “global upload limit” 

F that WG

Edited by Kaos_Dynamo, 18 August 2018 - 04:27 PM.

Forward_To_Death #3 Posted 18 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5481 battles
  • [MOM]
And limit potential revenue? I wouldn't hold your breath for this suggestion to be implemented.

Dan_Deerso #4 Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 28752 battles
  • [III]
I can't remember the last time I saw a player with low battle count in tier 8. It's a severely limited issue, and I don't think that this answer would solve anything.

Meat_Locker #5 Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:41 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51996 battles
  • [TOES]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 18 August 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a player with low battle count in tier 8. It's a severely limited issue, and I don't think that this answer would solve anything.

Are you playing WOTB?

Dan_Deerso #6 Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:00 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 28752 battles
  • [III]

View PostMeat_Locker, on 18 August 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Are you playing WOTB?

Yes, and I've played more tier 8 and 9 games in the past month than you have. They simply aren't as frequent as you people who whine about them would like to believe.

Personally, I would be much, much more worried  about players that rush down lines that are more complicated than they can handle.

Kaos_Dynamo #7 Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25915 battles
  • [7CAV]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 18 August 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

I’m sure u can remember.

At the very least, a player will have to get the exp for each tiers tank (even golding the upgrades). The changes I’m suggesting would solve precisely that.

Just think of all the gold upgrades WG! Player retention! Multiple purchasers!

Kaos_Dynamo #8 Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25915 battles
  • [7CAV]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 18 August 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Yes, and I've played more tier 8 and 9 games in the past month than you have. They simply aren't as frequent as you people who whine about them would like to believe.

Personally, I would be much, much more worried  about players that rush down lines that are more complicated than they can handle.

Then start a different thread for that.

Dan_Deerso #9 Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:48 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 28752 battles
  • [III]

View PostKaos_Dynamo, on 19 August 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Then start a different thread for that.

Except, I don't find them to be much of a problem at all. Chances are better that they're (they being rushing players or low battle count) on the red team, and that makes the game easier for me.

MisssMe #10 Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35205 battles
Think I had this same guy with the Lowe on my team a few days back. He did LOWEst damage on team under 30 battles total and next highest tier tank was tier 3. It happens.

Kaos_Dynamo #11 Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25915 battles
  • [7CAV]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 19 August 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Except, I don't find them to be much of a problem at all. Chances are better that they're (they being rushing players or low battle count) on the red team, and that makes the game easier for me.

I understand u don’t think this is a problem. I however have seen this scenario happen quite a few times. This is an incremental improvement that would help with less experienced players at higher tiers.

Not only would this help the established players, but it would help the new players as they don’t realize what they are doing will lead to a worse experience for them.

you have seen other players comment that they have seen this. Whatever your problem is, you can take it up with me.

SpartacusDiablo #12 Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:02 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32362 battles
  • [III-C]
This really is a non-issue.  The number of times this happens to me is miniscule.
I play every game expecting to have to carry the team.  30 battles or 30K battles is irrelevant.

Wargaming isn't going to change the practice of selling new players high tier tanks.  Allowing a player to buy in with a big dollar purchase increases the chance that they'll stick around and make additional purchases.

Focus on the things that you can control.  Don't focus on the uncontrollable.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Dan_Deerso #13 Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:08 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 28752 battles
  • [III]

View PostKaos_Dynamo, on 20 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

I understand u don’t think this is a problem. I however have seen this scenario happen quite a few times. This is an incremental improvement that would help with less experienced players at higher tiers.

Not even in the slightest, or do I need to dredge up my various past greens again like I did in a previous post? Take note, they all came from a 20 consecutive game series. In that span I saw one player with less than 500 games in a premium tank, and he ended up doing 2k in a tier 8 T34. No, it was not a reroll, either.

Not only would this help the established players, but it would help the new players as they don’t realize what they are doing will lead to a worse experience for them.

This in no way helps established players. These new players are either free damage on the red team or cannon fodder on the green, which is all that half the playerbase is useful for anyways.

you have seen other players comment that they have seen this. Whatever your problem is, you can take it up with me.

If you want to post your viewpoint on an open forum, you'd either prepare to see opposing viewpoints or think twice about posting.

Kaos_Dynamo #14 Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25915 battles
  • [7CAV]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 20 August 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Not even in the slightest, or do I need to dredge up my various past greens again like I did in a previous post? Take note, they all came from a 20 consecutive game series. In that span I saw one player with less than 500 games in a premium tank, and he ended up doing 2k in a tier 8 T34. No, it was not a reroll, either.

This in no way helps established players. These new players are either free damage on the red team or cannon fodder on the green, which is all that half the playerbase is useful for anyways.

If you want to post your viewpoint on an open forum, you'd either prepare to see opposing viewpoints or think twice about posting.

I freely said that the problem isn’t profuse. I did also say it would be an incremental improvement to help the gameplay for new and established players.

It absolutely does helps established players, as well as new players. Every single player has been frustrated by a teammate lacking in skill. Whenever that teammate has a tier 8 prem and low battle count, this applies. As you have seen from other players posting (and my own experience), this does happen. Also, just because low wr players exist does not mean methods of reducing that should not be explored. In fact, that is effectively why Wargaming is redoing the lower tiers. 

You forget the effect on new players. Imagine coming into this game and going straight to tier 8 not knowing that the gameplay would be radically different. Then assuming the rest of the game would be similar. This morning I talked to a gentleman who had a low battle count. I gave him a reference for Bushka’s YouTube channel as a resource.

It would seem (although I don’t know for sure) that the loss of tanks sold to new players very well may be made up by players golding tank upgrades. Therefore, there would hopefully not be a revenue loss while retaining new players.

Lastly, I have absolutely no problem with any opposing viewpoint as long it is based in something. I do have a problem with apathy. Internet forums are an excellent place to view apathy. The attitude is: “This isn’t blatantly broken, so let’s not try to improve anything.”

If you have something helpful to add, by all means please do. 

hul_steel #15 Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 38708 battles
  • [419]
I bought a tier 8 Lowe when I had some tier 4 or 5 tanks. I was LITERALLY that guy. I was just in a battle using my DW and my entire team was wiped out in about 2 minutes except me. 4 of my team scored 0 and 3 of those had about 75 battles COMBINED. I see this problem again and again.....  I occurs at higher tiers too but a little less often. The game tutorial MUST stress not advancing too quickly and I SUGGEST PLAYERS NOT B ALLOWED TO PLAY NEXT TIER UNTIL SAY 100 BATTLES AT EACH TIER PLAYED. Let them buy tanks of a higher tier but not be able to play them until the magic # has been met. Players will be highly motivated to play more to reach the next level. More play generally = more $ for developers which is what most of us are convinced they care most about. 

RidesAPaleHorse #16 Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 108513 battles
  • [XCLBR]

I was in a battle tonight with a T34 driver that has 20 battles in the T34 and only 33, yes 33 battles overall with a total of 3 kills.  His garage is an L.Tr. with 1 battles, a T2 Medium with 9 battles, a Valentine II with 3 battles and the T34.

There has to be a way to stop this.

https://imgur.com/a/HTGs5IO

BTW, he was undamaged at the end of the battle.

Edited by RidesAPaleHorse, 07 September 2018 - 04:14 AM.

And I looked, and behold, a pale horse: and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Revelation 6:8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users