IS-7

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

LiNGo0 #1 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11913 battles
  • [DMONS]
I took my IS-7 out for a spin today, and I've noticed just how irrelevant the tank has become. It doesn't have the speed of the meds nor does it have the traverse it used to, so it just gets outmaneuvered. It also lacks the firepower of comparable heavies and TDs. Its armor used to be a highlight, now it seems to be unreliable. What reason do players have to play this thing? It just isn't fun to play anymore. Am I the only one with these thoughts?

SpartacusDiablo #2 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25324 battles
  • [III-R]
:D

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

TankUkraine #3 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:50 PM

Private

• Players
  • 67 battles

play on another tank

what problem?

LiNGo0 #4 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11913 battles
  • [DMONS]

View PostTankUkraine, on 21 August 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

play on another tank

what problem?

Yeah that's basically what I'm saying. It's better to play a different tier 10 than to play the IS-7. That IS the problem,

a_cookie #5 Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9722 battles
  • [MAHOU]

Hey, be grateful you see one on the enemy team, it’s free damage if you know your get arounds

Junko tank

The updated-updated story of a_cookie

Play the single word game here

Official Grammar Nazi, here to help!

He still owes me 100 warchests    B1, The destroyer of worlds  T-10M, The destroyer of universes  Chen shall rise again  Junko tank is best tank

Wboys #6 Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]

:facepalm:

I needed the mobility nerf. Still one of the most used tournament tanks because it is so fast and has such a strong armor profile. I think you are expecting the IS 7 to be easy to play and just run around bouncy shells with it. The truth is it's actually hard to play well because it has a weird combination of strengths. 

https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

Jonny_applesauce #7 Posted 21 August 2018 - 08:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10689 battles
tOP kEk

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

LiNGo0 #8 Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11913 battles
  • [DMONS]

View PostWboys, on 21 August 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

:facepalm:

I needed the mobility nerf. Still one of the most used tournament tanks because it is so fast and has such a strong armor profile. I think you are expecting the IS 7 to be easy to play and just run around bouncy shells with it. The truth is it's actually hard to play well because it has a weird combination of strengths. 

The armor on paper is really good, but I disagree with the notion that it's effective. The armor profile is so easily exploited by the enemy unless you're hull down, in which case you most likely won't be able to fight back because of the poor gun depression. The IS-7 used to have trolly side armor, but not anymore. I think they nerfed the spaced armor. It's just not a competitive tank from what I see, but I understand that I don't play it in the best way. I would definitely choose another heavy to play.

Wboys #9 Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostLiNGo0, on 21 August 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

The armor on paper is really good, but I disagree with the notion that it's effective. The armor profile is so easily exploited by the enemy unless you're hull down, in which case you most likely won't be able to fight back because of the poor gun depression. The IS-7 used to have trolly side armor, but not anymore. I think they nerfed the spaced armor. It's just not a competitive tank from what I see, but I understand that I don't play it in the best way. I would definitely choose another heavy to play.

It isn't my favorite tank and I suck in it, but it wouldn't have been used at the worlds tournaments by PRAMO and PNCR if it wasn't good.

https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

DUCKOFDEATH1 #10 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:03 AM

Private

• Players
  • 28148 battles
  • [JUNO]
i agree, this used to be a top tank ,not anymore,it’s been bettered by most new comers ,they need to change this somehow

Dominator702 #11 Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14200 battles
  • [D33DZ]

View PostLiNGo0, on 21 August 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

I took my IS-7 out for a spin today, and I've noticed just how irrelevant the tank has become. It doesn't have the speed of the meds nor does it have the traverse it used to, so it just gets outmaneuvered. It also lacks the firepower of comparable heavies and TDs. Its armor used to be a highlight, now it seems to be unreliable. What reason do players have to play this thing? It just isn't fun to play anymore. Am I the only one with these thoughts?

I’m still having loads of fun in my is7 I really don’t understand your complaint

Dirty [D33DZ] Done Dirt Cheap!

My stats:https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Dominator702

Padre_ShadowRider #12 Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34888 battles
  • [GETIT]
I think I'm going to sell it.  When I first saw it come after me at a lower tier, it was unstoppable, but that was before the nerf. By the time I got it, it can't even pen many X tanks and I'm if you use  Prammo it becomes a credit bleeder even with premium.   It was my first Tier X and now I'm sorry I used so much time to get it.     It is outclassed by all I saw today.  

Also tagged with IS-7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users