noob dont go town know your role

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

jahawa #21 Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16577 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Platooning with SparticusDiablo one time, he made the comment as the nubs went to town, not sure what map, "Town is for shopping."

Seems to get the attention of some players, or for sure gets a LOL.....

reluctanttheist #22 Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:29 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24844 battles
  • [III-H]
"Town is for shopping" LOL, SD puts together another classic!  Town are just map decorations.  No strategic value for the most part

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

tankeatingtiger #23 Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:31 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18291 battles

View Post4sfield, on 22 August 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

That dragon in the bushes is the reason I don’t understand why guys want to go town. Town is faux security, it has nothing going for it outside of hard cover. 

This maddens me to no end. People think town is a impenetrable fortress, but in reality it is just a shot trap. I guess it’s the whole side scraping and duking it out in cover but I just don’t get it.

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 22 August 2018 - 05:33 PM.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

tankeatingtiger #24 Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18291 battles

View Postjahawa, on 22 August 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Platooning with SparticusDiablo one time, he made the comment as the nubs went to town, not sure what map, "Town is for shopping."

Seems to get the attention of some players, or for sure gets a LOL.....

He said “Go town if you are vegan” one time too. That got attention but I think 2 or 3 still went town. On Middleburg, good intents go to die.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Absolute_Sniper #25 Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34736 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Town offers only one advantage and that’s the ability to side-scrape. The problem is that most tanks can’t side-scrape effectively and most players will get the angles wrong. There are a few that can make it work but even someone who is skilled at side-scraping will lose against someone who knows how to aim. It’s also near impossible to angle correctly against an unspotted enemy. Get the angle wrong and get tracked against a competent team and earn a quick trip back to the garage.

Jonny_applesauce #26 Posted 22 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10470 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 22 August 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

Town offers only one advantage and that’s the ability to side-scrape. The problem is that most tanks can’t side-scrape effectively and most players will get the angles wrong. There are a few that can make it work but even someone who is skilled at side-scraping will lose against someone who knows how to aim. It’s also near impossible to angle correctly against an unspotted enemy. Get the angle wrong and get tracked against a competent team and earn a quick trip back to the garage.

and tanks like the KV4 can sidescrape off cover that isn't buildings such as dead tanks, steep hills, rocks, and a few other things

that's something I hear a lot - "my tank is made to sidescrape I can't go dunes"

yus u can

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

milesonaught #27 Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 18065 battles
  • [III-R]

I got three downvotes in a single match for saying town is for clowns. (on black gold.. guess who got salty)

After the match my text buffer went insane with nubidity and blame from a bunch of otherwise ineffective players. We won the flank. I won town, unspotted. Town is for clowns. It just is.

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

___ez_e___ #28 Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61127 battles
  • [GORT]

View Postcheasesteak, on 22 August 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

​Caves may not always be right, but town is always wrong. 

I almost always go caves, but if the heavies go town and I’m in a heavy, 9 times out of 10 I’ll roll into town.

I’m not trying to advocate going to town.  

Player_39363936 #29 Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 67038 battles
  • [EWENS]

Every town is a bad idea.

If people on your team go town they were dead weight anyway.  They were never going to be any help to you in the first place.

Money_mann____ #30 Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12620 battles
  • [USA]

Only go town on the following maps:

Working as Intended, Comrade

Proud owner of the TOG II*

Dark_Magician_Girl #31 Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:20 AM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 34900 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 22 August 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

"Town is for shopping" LOL, SD puts together another classic!  Town are just map decorations.  No strategic value for the most part

There are more windows to lick in town.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

mpastor2000 #32 Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36568 battles
  • [EMP-]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 22 August 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

People here saying town is always bad aren't necessarily right - for instance I will call town if I see that we have a serious advantage in heavies and the red team has a couple, but lower tier and/or not as many. When I see that and I am a medium I try to lead a charge through the town with my heavies behind me, hoping to catch the red heavies isolated and burn them down early.

The other circumstance is if 5 or 6 of your teammates are going town despite what you called, if that happens better to go town with them than be isolated and killed by a wolfpack of enemy mediums

Those people are correct. 

Even if your whole team goes town you should not.  At the end of the match, send messages to your teammates berating their newbish move.  Any advantage you think you may gain in town, you can gain frighting from terrain plus more.  You can side scrape from terrain, plus you can setup so only a small portion of your tank is exposed when you shoot.  The later is not possible from flat town situations.  In some cases, the town is downhill.  Here, again, you are at a disadvantage in the lower terrain.  There literally is no reason to go to town but to hide.

Fu_Manchu_ #33 Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11345 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmpastor2000, on 22 August 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Those people are correct. 

Even if your whole team goes town you should not.  At the end of the match, send messages to your teammates berating their newbish move.  Any advantage you think you may gain in town, you can gain frighting from terrain plus more.  You can side scrape from terrain, plus you can setup so only a small portion of your tank is exposed when you shoot.  The later is not possible from flat town situations.  In some cases, the town is downhill.  Here, again, you are at a disadvantage in the lower terrain.  There literally is no reason to go to town but to hide.

Let me get this straight. If all six of your teammates go town in Middleburg, you think it is better to go hills by yourself than to go town with them?

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Dh8KfXz

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_ [CLEAR]#6222

__Crusader6__ #34 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58748 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 23 August 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Let me get this straight. If all six of your teammates go town in Middleburg, you think it is better to go hills by yourself than to go town with them?

Well one may as well try to get some damage in a loss.

If my team goes Town in Encounter in Middleburg I curse their parents.  

In 8-10 the odds of winning in town are about as good as a snowball surviving in hell.  

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Fu_Manchu_ #35 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11345 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 23 August 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Well one may as well try to get some damage in a loss.

If my team goes Town in Encounter in Middleburg I curse their parents.  

In 8-10 the odds of winning in town are about as good as a snowball surviving in hell.  

I agree, But I think the chances of winning are marginally higher if all 7 tanks are in town and I figure I can get more damage with 6 other green targets around me than if I try to engage a potential 1v7 on the hill.

There's also the possibility that red splits and you get a few red tanks in town that you can outnumber and quickly destroy. If you can get it down to a 7v4, then you have a chance to win in town.

Don't get me wrong. I don't ever advocate town as a strategy. My point is just that I am a firm believer in 7 tanks going the wrong way is better than splitting the team (with a few exceptions).

Absolute_Sniper #36 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34736 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 23 August 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Depending on the tank I’m in, yes. I will gladly go hill solo even if all 6 greens go town. The exception is if I’m in a slow tank. 

If I’m in a light or medium, I will spot the hill and if it’s getting pushed, I run. If it isn’t though, I cruise right around to the red spawn and farm damage from camo. You’d be surprised how often that is the difference.

Town is an rng based damage trade. If the greens at least try to side scrape, it’s usually a win since I’m putting out uncontested damage. It’s when greens just drive into town and stop that the loses come and I’m left running around like a madman trying to hold off the reds.

j0nn0 #37 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:35 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 18941 battles
  • [XREGS]

View PostAfleet_Alex, on 22 August 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Every town is a bad idea.

If people on your team go town they were dead weight anyway.  They were never going to be any help to you in the first place.

Counter argument to that:

they can serve as great meatshields or distractions while you let them entrench, aka stop in place (usually out of cover) and turret spin in full view of the reds, thus allowing you (preferably in something mobile) to flank and spank the reds firing upon your sacrificial offerings.

I've had to make impromptu meatshields and shot blockers outta campers and deadweight before. All I had to do was get a aggro train, bail on my position and head straight for the camper in question without dying. Best case scenario, the guy gets some shots in and helps me kill the pursuer(s). Worst case scenario, I have a convenient meatshield to hide behind and shoot back from live cover, at least until he dies and becomes standard hard cover.

Words to live by

I try to play all my tanks to ruin somebody’s game.

__Crusader6__ #38 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58748 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 23 August 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Depending on the tank I’m in, yes. I will gladly go hill solo even if all 6 greens go town. The exception is if I’m in a slow tank. 

If I’m in a light or medium, I will spot the hill and if it’s getting pushed, I run. If it isn’t though, I cruise right around to the red spawn and farm damage from camo. You’d be surprised how often that is the difference.

Town is an rng based damage trade. If the greens at least try to side scrape, it’s usually a win since I’m putting out uncontested damage. It’s when greens just drive into town and stop that the loses come and I’m left running around like a madman trying to hold off the reds.

The problem is any green who knows how to side scrape didn’t go to town.  In town you get people to pull out sideways, people push you out it into red.   It is a [edited]’ing train wreck. 

I’ve been pushed out into red too many times to count by going town with the team.    Now I just refuse.  

Edited by __Crusader6__, 23 August 2018 - 03:38 PM.

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Fu_Manchu_ #39 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11345 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 23 August 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

Ok, this does actually make sense. I can see spotting the hill if you're in a tank fast enough to bail out.

View Post__Crusader6__, on 23 August 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

The problem is any green who knows how to side scrape didn’t go to town.  In town you get people to pull out sideways, people push you out it into red.   It is a [edited]’ing train wreck. 

I’ve been pushed out into red too many times to count by going town with the team.    Now I just refuse.  

I see where you're coming from. I will still go town (unless it's a situation like Absolute highlighted above) if the rest of my team insists on going there but I can at least see why you feel the way you do.

milesonaught #40 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 18065 battles
  • [III-R]

All this; but you know what I like? 7 people begging each other to hold positions and wait for reds to pop. I like to run the whole clock. I like to sweat and be challenged. Usually these sorts of matches are 1:100 or so at 9/10. If someone pings the map we all know they mean something about them and that ping. There is a silent zen to sitting in the dunes in a tank that's a one-shot for half the enemy and now I can play my favorite role. I'll spot.

Nobody pulls out sideways and we aren't going to crest. 

What a team.

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users