• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

mpastor2000 #41 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36568 battles
  • [EMP-]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 23 August 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong. I don't ever advocate town as a strategy. My point is just that I am a firm believer in 7 tanks going the wrong way is better than splitting the team (with a few exceptions).

"Dont ever advocate..."  except in the very next sentence.  And in a post to me, and when you decide to lemming with the masses, and....

History is full of people who used this excuse.  Correct behavior is correct behavior regardless of what others do.  You cant inspire, encourage, or teach good behavior by caving in and following the masses.  

Fu_Manchu_ #42 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11285 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmpastor2000, on 23 August 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

"Dont ever advocate..."  except in the very next sentence.  And in a post to me, and when you decide to lemming with the masses, and....

History is full of people who used this excuse.  Correct behavior is correct behavior regardless of what others do.  You cant inspire, encourage, or teach good behavior by caving in and following the masses.  

I did not advocate town as a strategy. Saying I will go town if my whole team goes there is not a strategy, it is trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Do you really think anyone who goes town on Middleburg will be inspired or encouraged by you going hill? Christ, we're not talking about joining the Nazi party just because the neighbor next door did. We're talking about trying to win a single poop tank battle. IMO, the odds of winning are higher with 7 tanks in town than they are with 6 in town and 1 in the hills (unless that 1 can successfully spot the red team and escape, or can flank the reds to provide some crossfire).

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Dh8KfXz

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_ [CLEAR]#6222

Player_39363936 #43 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 65866 battles
  • [EWENS]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 23 August 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

I did not advocate town as a strategy. Saying I will go town if my whole team goes there is not a strategy, it is trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Do you really think anyone who goes town on Middleburg will be inspired or encouraged by you going hill? Christ, we're not talking about joining the Nazi party just because the neighbor next door did. We're talking about trying to win a single poop tank battle. IMO, the odds of winning are higher with 7 tanks in town than they are with 6 in town and 1 in the hills (unless that 1 can successfully spot the red team and escape, or can flank the reds to provide some crossfire).

You go hill anyway.  Because you know that’s the right play.

If you go town and help them win.

You just created six people that go town every game ...

MaxxDamage #44 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 47421 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostAfleet_Alex, on 23 August 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

This.  Don’t reward bad decisions.  Same with capping early.  When a rookie charges to cap and we end up winning due to the rest of us holding the reds off I always send a message afterward with something like “FYI... that works about one time in 20, stay with team and fight”.

SpartacusDiablo #45 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 20993 battles
  • [III-R]
Oh man I'm late to the weekly town thread.  Drat!  

I see I've been mentioned a few times... I've stopped making sarcastic remarks about town because to many people listen to them...

If only there was some way to get the hordes of Windex addicts to see this (and countless others) thread.  Unfortunately they won't and the never ending lemming train to town will continue.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Fu_Manchu_ #46 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11285 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostAfleet_Alex, on 23 August 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

View PostMaxxDamage, on 23 August 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

This.  Don’t reward bad decisions.  Same with capping early.  When a rookie charges to cap and we end up winning due to the rest of us holding the reds off I always send a message afterward with something like “FYI... that works about one time in 20, stay with team and fight”.

I disagree. If 6 window lickers go town and I go hill, then they'll blame me for going hill by myself, confident that their decision to go town was the right one.

If my team goes town, I go with them while voicing my disagreement with the strategy. If we win, I say in chat that we got lucky. If we lose, I remind everyone that I told them town was a bad choice.

Fu_Manchu_ #47 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11285 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 23 August 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

Oh man I'm late to the weekly town thread. Drat!

I see I've been mentioned a few times... I've stopped making sarcastic remarks about town because to many people listen to them...

If only there was some way to get the hordes of Windex addicts to see this (and countless others) thread. Unfortunately they won't and the never ending lemming train to town will continue.

Surprisingly, I actually have found that teams are more willing to climb the hill on Middleburg and go caves lately. It's been pretty refreshing that I've only had a few teams insist on going town in the last couple weeks.

SpartacusDiablo #48 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:48 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 20993 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 23 August 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

Surprisingly, I actually have found that teams are more willing to climb the hill on Middleburg and go caves lately. It's been pretty refreshing that I've only had a few teams insist on going town in the last couple weeks.

Well now you just went and jinxed it. :D

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

krietenstein34 #49 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27788 battles
  • [HAHA]
Who won the match again ????   :bush:was it the guys who went to town ?????
:girl:

Fu_Manchu_ #50 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11285 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 23 August 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Well now you just went and jinxed it. :D

Probably. For the next week, I'll get nothing but people going town.

__Crusader6__ #51 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 57877 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 23 August 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

I disagree. If 6 window lickers go town and I go hill, then they'll blame me for going hill by myself, confident that their decision to go town was the right one.

If my team goes town, I go with them while voicing my disagreement with the strategy. If we win, I say in chat that we got lucky. If we lose, I remind everyone that I told them town was a bad choice.

Rarely will you get 7 morons.  

I will fight on the hill with the few players on my team. 

I had a loss yesterday in my M60 when we had a slew of morons. 

I managed to do 3.8k dmg and proceeded to ridicule/lecture the morons who stunk up the joint. 

The 48% T-62A (36% in the 62A) who ran away to town and did 600 dmg, and the 39% E100 

Me going town wasn’t going to help those idiots...

Frankly I’m at the point I’d rather die a glorious death on the hill and lose than win in town.  

I don’t want stupidity reinforced.  

Tank Hoarder: 360 tanks in Garage:  364/366 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed

Fu_Manchu_ #52 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11285 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 23 August 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

For sure. If it's only part of the team that insists on going town, I stay on the hill.

NaDa_22 #53 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35447 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostAfleet_Alex, on 23 August 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

So your solution is to throw away a game in an attempt to teach a lesson to random strangers who may or may not learn a thing anyways?

The right play is what helps the team at a given moment, not some textbook "this is how it ought to be". 

___ez_e___ #54 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 59786 battles
  • [FUZY]

I know folks want to bangwagon to reinforce always hill never town, but I disagree and think that is too rigid for every situation. 

I think the situation should dictate your move more then a prescribed meta.   

krietenstein34 #55 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27788 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 23 August 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

I had a loss yesterday in my M60 when we had a slew of morons. 

I managed to do 3.8k dmg and proceeded to ridicule/lecture the morons who stunk up the joint. 

The 48% T-62A (36% in the 62A) who ran away to town and did 600 dmg, and the 39% E100 

Me going town wasn’t going to help those idiots...

Frankly I’m at the point I’d rather die a glorious death on the hill and lose than win in town.  <<<   I lose often that way, in fiery explosion

I don’t want stupidity reinforced.  

:girl:

crpl_hicks #56 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5352 battles
  • [KOP]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 22 August 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

it requires your team to actually understand and agree.

Your first Post Hit the nail on the head Regardless of whatever decision is made...... Getting team mates to actually play like a team.  It's a Team Game.  The more guns having the same objective stands a better chance...In Theory that is.

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

Herbie_N124 #57 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9815 battles
  • [TS2]

Sorry if it's a repeated theme, SD.    

I'm typically a medium guy driving around tier VI.   I've gathered that town/factory/whatever is generally a bad idea, but wanted to sanity-check since I was getting flamed by a 36,000 battle player while out of my element in a tier 8 battle driving a heavy (grinding credits.)

No, the chat rage doesn't bother me at all.   It just gets me to thinking, and figured I'd ask the better players here than change my actions based on some rando 50.7% swingin' rodney in a pub match.  

Yeah, I understand there are exceptions to every rule.   Being the nub I am if 6 greens are going town i'll probably follow, but not in the prior situation of  2 heavies heading toward the low ground while the rest of the team goes caves.  I don't think there's any amount of HP trading with my Lowe that would've saved that situation, and I didn't run from the fight to snipe  

Disagree with Crusader_6, only on the statement "rarely you will get 7 morons."    I've often found myself between 4 other mediums/lights perched atop the hill at Middleburg who immediately turn and run downhill.   

I'm still in a stat downward spiral, a few weeks back I was wound up about breaking 60% soon on the 30-day with WN8 turning blue, now I'm down to 51.5% 1300.    Not sure wth I'm doing differently, but I figure the only stupid questions would be the ones I didn't ask.  

It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

mpastor2000 #58 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36568 battles
  • [EMP-]

View PostAfleet_Alex, on 23 August 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Exactly this.  You reinforce the bad idea.  You actually become part of the problem instead of pushing for a solution.

_kell54_ #59 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41011 battles
  • [WKD]
Sometime we find ourselves in roles our tanks weren’t ment for. Like being in a ligh or heavy and capping our base. I turn for the flank/reinforcement and just have open shots and spend the match sniping from 350/400. I know what my tanks “supposed” to do, but I can’t leave a buffet on the first plate.

Fu_Manchu_ #60 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11285 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmpastor2000, on 23 August 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

Exactly this.  You reinforce the bad idea.  You actually become part of the problem instead of pushing for a solution.

You're right. The 6 guys going town are doing it for the first time and losing the battle with me on the hill will definitely teach them that next time they should go hill.

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 23 August 2018 - 08:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users