328 replies to this topic

Greta_Garbo #41 Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 51385 battles
  • [BOSS]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 23 August 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

My patience is wearing thin.:playing:

I haven't left a match or abandoned any teams today yet, and not yesterday either, and I have played a whole bunch of matches in that time. That's almost a record for me!:izmena:

I have been behaving nicely for the most part, I am trying to at least, but that doesn't mean that I won't criticize those who deserve to be criticized. 40%ers and all players who are below 50% should just shut their mouths and they shouldn't be allowed to give orders or tactical and strategic advice during matches.

In the last 4 matches that I've played, I checked afterwards, and every player who gave out an order at the beginning of the match was a 40%er. Any player who loses more than they win should just shut their mouths, because they do not know how to play, and they do not know the recipe for success in a match. 

I disagreed with virtually every direction called in each match. It is a miracle that I didn't abandon those teams. Normally I would, because I have no patience for nubs, and especially not loud mouth nubs who give orders that are below 50%.

These players are deliberately trying to lose and throw the match, because any team following the advice of a player that loses more than they win will also end up losing very often. They are worse than an AFK player, because an AFK player is just one less player on the team, while the 40% loudmouths are trying to get the entire team to follow them into committing suicide.

My advice to any player who doesn't know how to play the game properly yet is to just shut your mouth during matches, because you are ruining and sabotaging every match that you're in whenever you try to pretend that you're General Patton and you give out an order, as if you know what you are talking about. You don't. You are a nub and a dirty scrub and I definitely reserve the right to abandon any match which has such saboteurs on the team, if they open their mouths.

From now on, all 40%ers who gives out directions should immediately be reported for sabotage and giving aid and comfort to the enemy. They are more of a threat than the enemy is.

As I said above, my patience is wearing thin with those types. In spite of all this, I've still been behaving nicely today. We'll see how long that lasts.:justwait:

I’m below 50% but I’ve never abandoned my team.  Maybe I’m not the one who shouldn’t be speaking. 

LordManaz #42 Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 45354 battles
  • [HVC]

View Postmilesonaught, on 23 August 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

What about our idea where five losses dropped a tier until you win five?

I like it. Salty quitters all around and hardly anyone to shoot at /6 up.

what happen if i sold all my tier 9 tanks?

View Posthawk85592, on 23 August 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Okay, kids, so what do you do about the moron with a 75% winrate who has fifteen thousand battles in the T28 and 3 and a 0% winrate in his Lowe decides to call town?  Everybody's gonna listen to him because of that little number, right?  Shouldn't we be focusing on actually taking our time and educating the playerbase on what they should be doing?  Maybe inviting some of those low-winrate players into training rooms or something? Hell, Bushka and Sk8 were taking huge chunks of their lives to make videos for n00bs for no (real) compensation for forever...

i try to help noobs, but some guys don't understand, they want to yolo and then blame me the rest of the battle

Edited by LordManaz, 24 August 2018 - 12:00 AM.

Maybe the worst noob in NA

dport02 #43 Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26219 battles
  • [FUXII]
It should be 30 day stats period.

__Boomer2__ #44 Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16433 battles
  • [501DV]
Yes.  I just had an IS call town on Oasis, and even start berating the rest of the team because we didn't go town ("go town u stupid idiots").  He did 400 damage, was the first to die, and had a beautiful 44% WR.  Oddly enough, we won after 4 of us went through the dunes,

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/vkMn9Q7

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

TurretSYNDRM #45 Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:15 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38368 battles
  • [OLD_G]

View Posthawk85592, on 23 August 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

Point being, I don't think you're actually *gaining* anything by forcibly silencing a bit over 50% of the people who play the game. And, frankly, I've already seen a lot of 50+%ers go and yolo into the reds (I guess they think their wr makes them invincible somehow?) and then spend the rest of the game being complete and utter jerks to the rest of the team (I know I have, because I've reported every stinking one of them, not that it matters). Just because you have 5% higher winrate than me doesn't make you somehow magically a better person.  And it doesn't necessarily mean that you understand the meta better, either.  Would you rather have a 45%er like me manage to get the greens to go caves, even though sidescraping is still a bit tricky and I don't know all the good power positions, and then try to encourage the rest of my team if I die early, or some saltbag 50%er who tosses slurs at the rest of the team for "not helping" when he tries to go 1 on 7 and calls them "nubs" because he led them into a shooting gallery?

If you want people to actually learn the game, you have to actually LET them learn.

Problem is they DON'T learn. I can't even begin to count how many battles I've begged heavies not to go town on every freaking map, and 90% of the time, half or all of them do. ALWAYS below 50% wr. They did it the match before that, and they'll do it again. 

Also fook me, I actually agree with OMK whole-heartedly here. So sick of 30 and 40% calling directions. I don't care what tier we're playing. If you lose more than you win, stfu and support your team. 

LordManaz #46 Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:38 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 45354 battles
  • [HVC]

View Post__Boomer2__, on 23 August 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Yes.  I just had an IS call town on Oasis, and even start berating the rest of the team because we didn't go town ("go town u stupid idiots").  He did 400 damage, was the first to die, and had a beautiful 44% WR.  Oddly enough, we won after 4 of us went through the dunes,

early today i start driving my beautiful wz-121 and a guy un the soviet autoloader watch me figh against a horrible and deadly E4... the mother lucky made the E4 miss the 1 shot so i barely alone, made him pay for the mistake when the E4 was 1 shot the mother fcker run and kill him, i dont have any problem with that, the problem was hes 1 shot to die... he yolo against is7 and obj 140... we lose, i shot 5k and he shot +300

Btw. my ping was jumping like a fcking kangaroo.

Edited by LordManaz, 24 August 2018 - 12:48 AM.

Maybe the worst noob in NA

SpartacusDiablo #47 Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:48 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 21765 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostTurretSYNDRM, on 23 August 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Problem is they DON'T learn. I can't even begin to count how many battles I've begged heavies not to go town on every freaking map, and 90% of the time, half or all of them do. ALWAYS below 50% wr. They did it the match before that, and they'll do it again. 

Also fook me, I actually agree with OMK whole-heartedly here. So sick of 30 and 40% calling directions. I don't care what tier we're playing. If you lose more than you win, stfu and support your team. 

This needs to be said again and again and again.

"I don't care what tier we're playing. If you lose more than you win, stfu and support your team."

"I don't care what tier we're playing. If you lose more than you win, stfu and support your team."

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Andromeda_74 #48 Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10859 battles
  • [SEA-B]
Sorry, i wont keep quiet

TWOTIMES_2 #49 Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:20 AM

Private

• Players
  • 251 battles

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 23 August 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

You don't let the kindergartner coach the little league team.

Im  7 and is that ok

__Boomer2__ #50 Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16433 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostLordManaz, on 23 August 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Btw. my ping was jumping like a fcking kangaroo.

Oh you too?  I thought it was just my grandparents' WiFi.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/vkMn9Q7

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

PanzertroopenVT #51 Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11878 battles
  • [PRDE]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 23 August 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

My patience is wearing thin.:playing:

I haven't left a match or abandoned any teams today yet, and not yesterday either, and I have played a whole bunch of matches in that time. That's almost a record for me!:izmena:

I have been behaving nicely for the most part, I am trying to at least, but that doesn't mean that I won't criticize those who deserve to be criticized. 40%ers and all players who are below 50% should just shut their mouths and they shouldn't be allowed to give orders or tactical and strategic advice during matches.

In the last 4 matches that I've played, I checked afterwards, and every player who gave out an order at the beginning of the match was a 40%er. Any player who loses more than they win should just shut their mouths, because they do not know how to play, and they do not know the recipe for success in a match. 

I disagreed with virtually every direction called in each match. It is a miracle that I didn't abandon those teams. Normally I would, because I have no patience for nubs, and especially not loud mouth nubs who give orders that are below 50%.

These players are deliberately trying to lose and throw the match, because any team following the advice of a player that loses more than they win will also end up losing very often. They are worse than an AFK player, because an AFK player is just one less player on the team, while the 40% loudmouths are trying to get the entire team to follow them into committing suicide.

My advice to any player who doesn't know how to play the game properly yet is to just shut your mouth during matches, because you are ruining and sabotaging every match that you're in whenever you try to pretend that you're General Patton and you give out an order, as if you know what you are talking about. You don't. You are a nub and a dirty scrub and I definitely reserve the right to abandon any match which has such saboteurs on the team, if they open their mouths.

From now on, all 40%ers who gives out directions should immediately be reported for sabotage and giving aid and comfort to the enemy. They are more of a threat than the enemy is.

As I said above, my patience is wearing thin with those types. In spite of all this, I've still been behaving nicely today. We'll see how long that lasts.:justwait:

step away from the game for at least a month

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

hawk85592 #52 Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1961 battles

View PostTurretSYNDRM, on 24 August 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

Problem is they DON'T learn.

Man I guess I'm the ONLY one who actually is trying to improve at this game? The idiocy in this statement astounds me.

I can't even begin to count how many battles I've begged heavies not to go town on every freaking map, and 90% of the time, half or all of them do. ALWAYS below 50% wr. They did it the match before that, and they'll do it again.

Can I point something out?  Let's say you're actually new at the game.  You've got 25, 50 bucks to spend you got for Christmas or your birthday or whatever, and all you really want to do is make things go boom. So you pony up your shiny preloaded VISA and you buy yourself a cool looking tank, a big one, like on Command and Conquer (oh crap I'm dating myself here, but whatever).

You mash BATTLE, and you see your tank is facing some buildings.  Man, the city fight scenes in war movies are always awesome.  That sounds like fun! You're even pointed that way.  *IF* you happen to look at your minimap, your teammates are way over on the other side.  Countdown finishes, everyone starts moving, and you find out you're REALLY slow. So you just chug forward.  Right into the buildings, right into the waiting guns of the reds, and right back to the garage.

Now you have absolutely POSITIVELY no concept of what you did wrong there, because you just started.  So what do you do?  You figure you need practice, and...

You do it again.

And again.

You might even cry at the rest of your team for "abandoning" you, since you are pretty sure you're way too slow to catch them - SURELY the devs put you pointing towards the buildings for a REASON, right?

Yet again, this is a failure on the part of WG.  Why on God's green earth are the slowest, least maneuverable tanks consistently pointed in the WRONG direction, and on the WRONG side of the map?  Why, oh why, can they not figure ANYTHING out on how to train new players?  Simple things like "being alone is BAD". Of course the heavies think they can't go anywhere other than town - the bloody game conditions them to that!

And yet again, if you somehow have 30k battles and a 30% winrate, well, I can't help you too much. I'm hoping to hit 50 before I get 5000 battles, but idk how successful I'll be at that.  I'm a lot more concerned with having fun than some stupid quota, since I'm not getting paid to do this.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'm gonna spam caves or hill or whatever the good meta is, and try and keep people out of town.  And you know what? Since I've been really active at that, and really pushy about spamming "NO TOWN" until the stupidhead in the KV-1 turns around, I've been winning a bit more (only the last day or two, so you stats nazis stuff it). So... yeah... I'm gonna keep doing it.

"I like bumping fenders and putting my big gun in peoples faces." -- Adderall

PanzertroopenVT #53 Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11878 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostTurretSYNDRM, on 23 August 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Top toer heavies camping entire game ___lots of t29 are a good example as of late, wait and hide somewhere, then once th batte

I'd down to tow or three with 1/3 hp they go act like they are Mike Tyson in his prime. It's just selfish on'one players, THERES TOO MANY IN EVERY ONLINE GAME. Wanna stop this chit, force em to have us make teams in a random lobby before spawning into a match, then Ud at least know who is afk, who is gonna try and who will lick windows

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

Warfaming #54 Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:09 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8739 battles
  • [14RT]

Where most people fail is that they don't look at the team match up correctly or don't care, in my experience most of these players are heavies. They feel like the team should follow them because they are slow or they have the biggest guns. I'm not much of a heavy tank driver myself (I've only played 500 battles in them) but could anyone tell me what is going on in their "brain" or if this bull shhh has happened to you? 

(Heavy tank drivers please tell me)

Das 40% ers are big no no

Warfaming (na) | BlitzStars.com Tee Hee ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°  )

Warfaming #55 Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:14 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8739 battles
  • [14RT]

View Posttanker070, on 23 August 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

40%ers are people too

Das 40% ers are big no no

Warfaming (na) | BlitzStars.com Tee Hee ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°  )

rabbitlover2016 #56 Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10160 battles
Am I considered a 40er, if so I shall never speak here again until I get 50( note my 30day wr is 54%, career is 48.3)

Fu_Manchu_ #57 Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post__Boomer2__, on 23 August 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Oasis is a tough one. Desert sands is as well. I can usually convince heavies to go hill on Middleburg and caves on Black Goldville. But convincing them to go dunes on those desert maps for some reason is much more difficult. The only way I find that I can consistently do it is if I'm in a heavy-heavy platoon. Once they see two heavies calling and going dunes, they will usually follow.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Dh8KfXz

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_ [CLEAR]#6222

Bellatormonk #58 Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25709 battles
  • [MASHU]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 24 August 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Oasis is a tough one. Desert sands is as well. I can usually convince heavies to go hill on Middleburg and caves on Black Goldville. But convincing them to go dunes on those desert maps for some reason is much more difficult. The only way I find that I can consistently do it is if I'm in a heavy-heavy platoon. Once they see two heavies calling and going dunes, they will usually follow.

Yah Oasis is a tough one.  I have seen very successful town runs, however that is only usually because experienced TD/heavies know how to stay alive and snipe the team in the dunes if the meds/lts spot dunes and live.  Otherwise an average team can only survive in dunes with the cover.  I usually go dunes no matter what (barring nearly the whole team going town) unless it's T9-10 which teams seem to prefer town to avoid corner camping deathstars in dunes on a certain side.

I mean some of the tactics still seem heavily dependent on which map side you start on which indicates these maps are actually favoring one side or the other for terrain advantage.

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

Absolute_Sniper #59 Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33347 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 24 August 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

I would guess because so many people play an IS spam tank and the lack of gun depression means you actually have to know how to use the dunes to get shots off without getting smacked for peeking over the hills. 

___ez_e___ #60 Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 60176 battles
  • [FUZY]

The funny thing about implementing a rule like this is that at some point in our WG career we would have been likely been impacted if this rule existed from the beginning.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users