T49?

T49

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I get it? (29 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should I get it?

1. Yes (23 votes [79.31%])

Percentage of vote: 79.31%

2. No (6 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

What gun should I use?

1. 152 (25 votes [86.21%])

Percentage of vote: 86.21%

2. 90 (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

Vote Hide poll

Tackywheat1 #1 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [STRAY]
Should I get it? Any tips on playstyle? Does it play similarly to the BT-7 art but at tier 8?(aka much harder)

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:49 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18599 battles
  • [DETH]
No, nothing like the BT-7. It sucks.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

solace__ #3 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16411 battles
Only slightly in terms of the gun, the difference is that it’s in a tier where there’s an abundance of heavies and big guns. This doesn’t pair well with a lightly armored tank with a gun that has 152mm pen. It’s a fun tank to drive at times but at others it’ll be crushed by all the big guns looking for a juicy target.

If you’re going to get it definitely use the 152mm gun, otherwise you’re just playing a worse Ru-251. Be ready to bleed credits as well, because the he is the pramo on this tanks.

j0nn0 #4 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19046 battles
  • [XREGS]

YMMV, but the derp is the only gun to use, at least if you want a unique experience. You WILL hemorrhage credits so make sure to have a nice stockpile. For frame of reference, i burned at least 5 mil from my stockpile across 500 games, no premium time or credit boosters.

The t49 is opportunistic and rng dependant. Best you can do is set up early to spot, aim a shot, fire and forget as you bail behind cover to reload. I usually do that then look for soft, isolated targets for drive-by shootings.

Words to live by

I try to play all my tanks to ruin somebody’s game.

Tackywheat1 #5 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:05 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [STRAY]

View Postj0nn0, on 25 August 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

YMMV, but the derp is the only gun to use, at least if you want a unique experience. You WILL hemorrhage credits so make sure to have a nice stockpile. For frame of reference, i burned at least 5 mil from my stockpile across 500 games, no premium time or credit boosters.

The t49 is opportunistic and rng dependant. Best you can do is set up early to spot, aim a shot, fire and forget as you bail behind cover to reload. I usually do that then look for soft, isolated targets for drive-by shootings.

so T49 will have to be a long term project..

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Melissa_Durat #6 Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15946 battles
  • [-HELL]

"The Pramo of this tanks"

Now I wanna see an Unicum PRAMO player play the T49 >:) :justwait:

Tackywheat1 #7 Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:16 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [STRAY]
also for those who voted no please tell me why .-.

Untrust______ #8 Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 75521 battles
  • [FILTH]

View PostMelissa_Durat, on 25 August 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

"The Pramo of this tanks"

Now I wanna see an Unicum PRAMO player play the T49 >:) :justwait:

They don't drive it anymore. They scared to ruin their stats. It was nerfed you know. 

" If u like your salt you can keep your salt " 

Melissa_Durat #9 Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15946 battles
  • [-HELL]

View PostTackywheat1, on 25 August 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

also for those who voted no please tell me why .-.

I vote Yes but a year before I would have vote "No". I Play TDs and they were a nigthmare back then.

View PostUntrust______, on 25 August 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

They don't drive it anymore. They scared to ruin their stats. It was nerfed you know. 

:mellow: 

Incogitable #10 Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3893 battles
  • [UN10N]

I recently got it as well and it is a tough tank to do well in consistently. I have no doubt a solid platoon mate in a more conventional medium or light would be a lot of help but I mostly solo it. 

It is an opportunitistic support tank. HE is the expensive round and HEAT is a lot cheaper, but the HEAT has pretty terrible pen.  Most tanks won’t be penned by HEAT frontally and will only take splash damage from HE, so your best bet is to get on the sides and rears.  Learn quickly what rounds will pen where on all the tanks you face so that you are maximizing your damage potential. It’s easy to spend 50k in credits just splashing HE for 1000 damage total. The IS tanks are particularly troublesome because of the large tracks and space armor on the side. Really the only way to deal any decent damage is to put a heat round right in the rear, but if you only have a chance at the side, take it. Mediums that are pretty well armored are your worst nightmare. You can’t out run them, or get around them so you splash them for 150-250 damage every 16 seconds while they just tear you up. 

Knowing places you can rush to off the bat to get a first sneaky shot into tanks is a good initial strategy. I generally load HE for the first shot just since you don’t know who or what you will see and some damage is better than none. Generally don’t go places alone and try to stick around hard cover. When enemies are distracted and you are confident you won’t be hit, go for a hit and run.  A lot of tanks will actually put special emphasis on you, which you can use to your advantage. A recent game I had a lowe turn to keep his front facing me, exposing his side to two of my team mates. He took more damage defending from me than if he would have stayed facing my team. 

The tank can be a lot of fun, but very inconsistent. Some games you will get focused and crushed with barely any damage and the next you can pull out a 4K game. Accept this and the fact that you will hemorrhage money like a sieve and you will have a decent idea of what you are getting into. 

Tackywheat1 #11 Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [STRAY]

View PostIncogitable, on 25 August 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

I recently got it as well and it is a tough tank to do well in consistently. I have no doubt a solid platoon mate in a more conventional medium or light would be a lot of help but I mostly solo it. 

It is an opportunitistic support tank. HE is the expensive round and HEAT is a lot cheaper, but the HEAT has pretty terrible pen.  Most tanks won’t be penned by HEAT frontally and will only take splash damage from HE, so your best bet is to get on the sides and rears.  Learn quickly what rounds will pen where on all the tanks you face so that you are maximizing your damage potential. It’s easy to spend 50k in credits just splashing HE for 1000 damage total. The IS tanks are particularly troublesome because of the large tracks and space armor on the side. Really the only way to deal any decent damage is to put a heat round right in the rear, but if you only have a chance at the side, take it. Mediums that are pretty well armored are your worst nightmare. You can’t out run them, or get around them so you splash them for 150-250 damage every 16 seconds while they just tear you up. 

Knowing places you can rush to off the bat to get a first sneaky shot into tanks is a good initial strategy. I generally load HE for the first shot just since you don’t know who or what you will see and some damage is better than none. Generally don’t go places alone and try to stick around hard cover. When enemies are distracted and you are confident you won’t be hit, go for a hit and run.  A lot of tanks will actually put special emphasis on you, which you can use to your advantage. A recent game I had a lowe turn to keep his front facing me, exposing his side to two of my team mates. He took more damage defending from me than if he would have stayed facing my team. 

The tank can be a lot of fun, but very inconsistent. Some games you will get focused and crushed with barely any damage and the next you can pull out a 4K game. Accept this and the fact that you will hemorrhage money like a sieve and you will have a decent idea of what you are getting into. 

ok ouch sounds like a credit grinder.............

norman1632 #12 Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11150 battles
  • [NOBE]
Yes you should get it just be ready to bounce off almost anything at random with HEAT if the t49 had some AP it would make it a lot more bearable

Edited by norman1632, 25 August 2018 - 06:31 PM.

The only way to truly win a battle is with American muscle

a_cookie #13 Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9612 battles
  • [MAHOU]

Pre-nerf T49 was a way to go, even if it did have everything not going for it

and now, just forget about this tank

Junko tank

The updated-updated story of a_cookie

Play the single word game here

Official Grammar Nazi, here to help!

He still owes me 100 warchests    B1, The destroyer of worlds  T-10M, The destroyer of universes  Chen shall rise again  Junko tank is best tank

I_Am_Not_Toxic_I_Swear #14 Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33148 battles
  • [_V_]
With nearly 2000 games in my T49 I think I might have an idea on how to play it. To start, this is a hard tank to play. It has a low floor but a very high ceiling if you are a good player. For starters, always run the 152, and load half and half for the ammo with calib shells. The main rule of this tank is to never fight head on unless you can pen with HEAT or HE. Yes, this is a general rule of thumb for any light tank but in this thing it is expecially inportant. Always be looking to flank, but you need to know when. At the start of the match if your mediums/lights outnumber the enemies, you should probably flank. If not, stick with the team and only go when you're sure of where enemy mediums are. Your biggest threat on red would be mediums you can't pen from the front, and IS tanks. Furthermore, as stated above, this is a hit and run tank. Pretty much always relocate after shooting unless you can do more damage without taking much in return. It takes a while to get used to, but know which targets you can HE pen and which you can't. As for HEAT, you can pen every tank from the sides and rear. (aside from IS tanks, which can really only be penned from the rear).  Generally don't go for the on-the-move shots, but obviously it's amazing when it hits. Camping in this tank is another viable option, but on the flanks, not in TD spots near your teams spawn for obvious reasons. 

Bring back the T49A

Absolute_Sniper #15 Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35494 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostTackywheat1, on 25 August 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Should I get it? Any tips on playstyle? Does it play similarly to the BT-7 art but at tier 8?(aka much harder)

Watch some of sk8’s vids on it for playstyle. Just don’t expect his results.

rabbitlover2016 #16 Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10160 battles
First off in my opinion t49 is cancer and no one should get it. Secondly, since ur prob gonna get it anyway, use the 90mm, less cancer. Third, ur prob gonna use the 152 anyway, so when u do, DONT U DARE FIRE HE DIRECTLY INTO MY T34S TURRET MANTLET WHILE I HAVE A PERFECT HULL DOWN POSITION AND U STILL DO 200 DMG. ok I'm kidding but seriously, the t49 is pretty annoying so u can prob expect alot of hate. Also, use the 152. It's HEAT is pretty useless, except against light tanks or the back of heavies, so if u don't have an opportunity to use it, just fire he, sure u won't do full damage, but u will still get 200-300 ish. It's a really fun tank, as long as ur not the opposing team.

Destroy0 #17 Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:10 AM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 20492 battles
  • [FRS17]
Reliable? No.

A ridiculous amount of fun, nothing can beat it in that category.

cupcakefight #18 Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27645 battles
  • [FLOOP]

Dude, definitely get it. It improved my gameplay by miles. You have to be extremely patient, careful, and reactive to every instance on the battlefield. Plus, it's super super fun. If you've ever driven a borsig and got tired of being HE'd, well, now it's your turn.

I am by no means an exceptional player and I purchased the T49 post nerf. But I can still maintain a 60% winrate in it (albeit barely). Be warned though, the first few battles are gonna be frustrating. And like others have said, it is rather unreliable. Watch Sk8's videos for tips, he's a MASTER.

Tanks I hate driving: Pz. III A, SU-100M1, St. Emil, UE 57, Somua SAu 40, Cruiser II, M41 Walker Bulldog

Tanks I no longer hate: T71, T-62a

Tackywheat1 #19 Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:29 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [STRAY]

View Postcupcakefight, on 25 August 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Dude, definitely get it. It improved my gameplay by miles. You have to be extremely patient, careful, and reactive to every instance on the battlefield. Plus, it's super super fun. If you've ever driven a borsig and got tired of being HE'd, well, now it's your turn.

I am by no means an exceptional player and I purchased the T49 post nerf. But I can still maintain a 60% winrate in it (albeit barely). Be warned though, the first few battles are gonna be frustrating. And like others have said, it is rather unreliable. Watch Sk8's videos for tips, he's a MASTER.

ok.... time to go watch sk8's vids and learn how to lt

cupcakefight #20 Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:32 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27645 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View PostTackywheat1, on 25 August 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

ok.... time to go watch sk8's vids and learn how to lt

I want to say it's his favorite tank. In the entire game. Before the KV-2. Can fact check this in his videos. It's probably not one of my favorites but damn it is fun. A 'solid' med platoon mate like a mod 1 or ltwt also works wonders in combination with the T49.

Tanks I hate driving: Pz. III A, SU-100M1, St. Emil, UE 57, Somua SAu 40, Cruiser II, M41 Walker Bulldog

Tanks I no longer hate: T71, T-62a

Also tagged with T49

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users