Obj 263 Please help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JediRunner7 #1 Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:25 AM

Private

• Players
  • 11736 battles
  • [SKVLL]

Hello everyone. This is actually my first time creating a thread. I'm really struggling on my Obj 263. Had 400k+ or 500k battles in it and only 46% wr. I really hated myself after skipping all the t8-t9 tds of this line and just buying 263 out of gold and free exp because I didn't learn how to drive a fast dpm td before getting it. If anyone is reading this I wouldn't recommend you to skip any tanks until you really learned how to drive the one before it(except for real pros). I learned it the hard way.

As I said before I'm really struggling in this td. I tried playing it by going with the meds but by the time me and the other meds and lights kill the enemy flank, the heavies or the tds are usually dead. When I try to snipe someone would call me a camper and it really irritates me. Like I don't know what to do. I also tried rushing like a yolo wagon and results with me getting recked by 183s or other meds. I want to get better. I don't want to stop playing this tank. I learned it when I was a total nub in American heavies. I eventually learned how to hull down and god, it felt good. I know I would learn how to play this td someday. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. It's alright if you call me nub. I know I am but I believe I will get better.

TunaSandwichNA #2 Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4824 battles
  • [WG]

Hopefully this helps you out.

_LOONA #3 Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:48 PM

LOOΠΔ

• Players
  • 11032 battles
  • [SRT]

^ lol Bushka. 

I would prefer you watch some gameplay from meadsy69 and sk8xtrm. These videos have good info on where to position your tank and what good damage games look like that you can replicate. (sorry I didnt want to imbed the youtube video because that will be a big post.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCZE9Va9M1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLOimWcL97Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asfux5kelQA (non-voice over but good damage games).

Posit1ve_ #4 Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 48637 battles
  • [_V_]

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Since I somehow became the 263 driver for Void, I guess I'm somewhat qualified to answer this question

263 is a challenging drive because of the total lack of flexibility.

The key is to recognize the weaknesses of the 263, and do everything in your power to minimize them. 

What makes 263 inflexible compared to other TDs is the length, lack of gun depression (how far the vehicle can point the gun downwards) , lack of gun arc (how far the gun can move side to side) , and rear mounted gun. The poor gun arc, length, and rear mounted gun mean that you want to avoid corners like the plague. If you try to push around a corner, you're going to take at least 1 hit to start an engagement. 263 also struggles on hilly terrain because of lack of gun depression. Moreover, while the armor is decent, it's not impervious to the enemy. The gun mantle is only ~270mm effective thickness, so any tier 10 will penetrate it with premium ammunition. This is important, since it means, if you can shoot them, they can also shoot you.

The key to playing 263 well, of course, is the hard stats. The troll armor, mobility, and great DPM are the strengths you need to leverage. 

So how do you play 263? From my experience, the key is to try and shred the enemy heavies from mid distances. If you try and chase enemy meds, the lack of gun depression and awkard size is sure to become an issue in the hilly terrain where meds are usually found. However, if you can catch mediums in tighter spaces, the 263 will tear them apart. Also, while sniping is possible, it's not the ideal use of the 263 due to the relatively low damage per shot and relatively low penetration (for a TD). 

During the early game, try to play something of a support role from the 2nd line, and be careful not to lose too many hitpoints. Keep your distance, and hide the lower plate until enemy HP numbers start to fall. Then, try and look for isolated enemy tanks, and rush them. the troll armor of the 263 will usually mean that they'll bounce a shell or two, and the high DPM on the 263 will tear them apart. Rinse and repeat. Just be careful not to engage multiple targets at once without support. The rear mounted gun, poor gun arc, and poor side armor means the 263 struggles against multiple opponents. 

301 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

RommelTanker #5 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2024 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 02 September 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Since I somehow became the 263 driver for Void, I guess I'm somewhat qualified to answer this question

263 is a challenging drive because of the total lack of flexibility.

The key is to recognize the weaknesses of the 263, and do everything in your power to minimize them. 

What makes 263 inflexible compared to other TDs is the length, lack of gun depression (how far the vehicle can point the gun downwards) , lack of gun arc (how far the gun can move side to side) , and rear mounted gun. The poor gun arc, length, and rear mounted gun mean that you want to avoid corners like the plague. If you try to push around a corner, you're going to take at least 1 hit to start an engagement. 263 also struggles on hilly terrain because of lack of gun depression. Moreover, while the armor is decent, it's not impervious to the enemy. The gun mantle is only ~270mm effective thickness, so any tier 10 will penetrate it with premium ammunition. This is important, since it means, if you can shoot them, they can also shoot you.

The key to playing 263 well, of course, is the hard stats. The troll armor, mobility, and great DPM are the strengths you need to leverage. 

So how do you play 263? From my experience, the key is to try and shred the enemy heavies from mid distances. If you try and chase enemy meds, the lack of gun depression and awkard size is sure to become an issue in the hilly terrain where meds are usually found. However, if you can catch mediums in tighter spaces, the 263 will tear them apart. Also, while sniping is possible, it's not the ideal use of the 263 due to the relatively low damage per shot and relatively low penetration (for a TD). 

During the early game, try to play something of a support role from the 2nd line, and be careful not to lose too many hitpoints. Keep your distance, and hide the lower plate until enemy HP numbers start to fall. Then, try and look for isolated enemy tanks, and rush them. the troll armor of the 263 will usually mean that they'll bounce a shell or two, and the high DPM on the 263 will tear them apart. Rinse and repeat. Just be careful not to engage multiple targets at once without support. The rear mounted gun, poor gun arc, and poor side armor means the 263 struggles against multiple opponents. 

You forgot obligatory late game ramming. It's not like the 263 weighs 60 tons and goes 55km/h.

Oh wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users