• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

CollectedTooth5 #1 Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14326 battles
  • [SR-72]

SR-71, the story behind the clan:

To trace the story of the blackbirds, we must go back many moons, to a time before the great alliance, a time where the whole world that is the NA server was filled with small tribes. Skirmishes were common, and great battles broke constantly in dramatic displays between and within groups. The FSX-FSA war had just ended, dissolving the immense RvR alliance, and the few survivors of the skirmish dispersed across the world, some became hermits, some were adopted by other clans, others... were never seen again. Amongst the exiles, were defamed members of the CT group, roaming endlessly in search for a new home, trying to escape the haunting memories of the bloody ordeal.

As memory faded, and the members of the CT group spread far and wide, a little known outpost opened up on discord. The server quickly grew, where the CTs mixed with veterans and newbs alike. During this prosperous time, several clans began to use the server, including FSX, CT5, FS, MOMS, and most importantly, 69TH. The 69th armoured division was home to a group of individuals hungry for a more competative experience. The leader of this group, Budslots, and his lead henchman, spike41_steel, were looking for something more. The power of the 69 broke in a spectacular display at the local discord server. A Coup d'état lead by the mustached malice, Budslots, and his group of sniveling misfits was in the works, their goal was to overthrow the alliance. But, before the plan was even acted out, a traitor leaked the group's plan of taking the immense power of 69 to the leader of the alliance.

Aware of the bounty on their heads, Bud and his exiled misfits decided to create a designated clan for themselves. Word spread that the power of 69 was being transferred to SR-71, and after being pardoned for their coup, members of the local network of clans who sought to participate in their first taste of competitive tournament tanking quickly joined the fresh clan. Now, with almost 500 tournament battles under his mustache, Budslots is ready to rise among the great clans of NA.

Update (November 2018):

Well, it has been two months my friends, and SR-71 has grown to include SR-72 and SR-74. With over 100 members, 50 people on the tournament roster, and an additional team added, the SR-71 family has begun dedicating its time to training players young and old. Thanks to the efforts of a certain Norwegian, the clan has turned its focus on tier 10 tournaments during clan wars. With the decline of "player quality" driving away many players from many other clans, a number have sought shelter in our discord server, exchanging memes and art, as well as spreading leaks and gossip in the chat. The clan itself plays in 4-8 tournaments a week (across both teams), and organized training is in place twice a week. As 2019 rolls around, we are prepared to fight epic battles in the new year, and as many of us remain competitive, many more retire, enjoying the game for it's own sake. But there is one thing we all have in common, and that is a strong sense of community that keeps the clan running.

Who are the Blackbirds?:

The SR-71 Blackbird refers to the fastest military aircraft ever designed, reaching speeds of almost 4,000 km/h (see pictures).
The "Blackbirds" are the tournament team members of SR-71, consisting of 21 people currently, all coming from varying backgrounds and skill levels. Along with the main team, we have the tournament council, consisting of the tournament planner, two map strategizers, a designated troll, a statistician, and a team captain. Outside of tournaments, we run nightly Training Room Police Department (TRPD) raids, platooned count downs over voice comms, constant 1v1s *thx to jayden*, and every once in a while, we host Runners vs Rammers and tournament scrimmages. In terms of general roles, we have a clan psychologist, two meme experts, a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist (pleases the RNG gods via sacraficial rituals), a media and graphics designer, and two web moderators.

Tournament Roster:

SR-71

subhematoma                                        -RvR guy / not the shot caller
RussianBots                                          -Tank Collector / always mistaken for CT / I wonder why, XD
MannyQuin                                          -Always leaves, then comes back / Camper / thinks he's invisible
bossJDhog                                            -Bad influence / has too many accounts
skypizza9                                              -Strategist / Yolo af
spike41_steel                                        -Moderator / organizer
Budslots                                               -Leader / mustache expert
badger291                                            -Never has a good mic / sounds like steven hawking with a cold
camheinz21                                         -Clan Psychologist / Actually knows how to play this game / also goes by the nickname "speedy"
familyman99                                       -Never seen in the same room as batman / prolly batman
Ezrawesome                                        -I forgot what he does
jaydenbuff                                           -Lead Strategist / clan troll / TRPD rep / memer
badsituation75                                     -That one guy / he always grinding
lukeskywalker254                               -Somehow plays well on phone
Jagermeister559                                  -Some other guy / never on tho
AmmorackedIS3                                 -Never actually been ammo racked in the IS3 #lies
CollectedTooth5                                  -Designer / does all the work
terminax757                                        -Tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist / sacrafices a virgin to RNGesus every once in a while
Phambo                                               -Memer / Yoloer
gunshotx                                             -Vampire / only comes on between 1 and 5 in the morning
Lucky_Debonair                                 -Meme expert / self proclaimed intellectual

FesteringWound                                 -Spiritual Leader / Prayer Guide

Norwegian_Hitman/Ishkavurt            -Trainer / Strategist

MightyPuca                                        -some dude

Zuke76                                               -yet another dude

VvGucciSnowyvV                              -and another

bob_world                                          -and another

canadasergiop                                   -fellow canadian

jnation55                                           -needy platoon dude

quasisweetlew                                  -also canadian?

Mongo_z                                           -Possible Bot

Tomio_Hara                                      -Semi Sealclubber

Voided Warranty                               -Could also be a bot

bamb_the_great                                -designated T62A driver

Slime_ball61                                     -Another T62A driver, rival with bamb ^^

OneBigP                                            -Has a big P (or so i've heard)

Your_Dreams                                    -I have no idea who this is

DominusWrex                                   -new guy

Rezlbaki                                            -new guy

What do we need?:

Clan requirements:

Spoiler

Almost anyone with personality, a sense of humor, and good ping is accepted. Discord is a must, We WILL TRAIN just about anyone who needs it, and we intend on learning from anyone we interact with. Support each other's improvement, as our success comes from the strength of our bond. Maturity is optional (or half the clan wouldn't be there), skills are overrated, aiming lowers dpm.

Message myself to get a good word in. (Discord = Oedius Rex#7495)
DM Spike or Bud  to apply to the clan
(Bud = @Budslots [SR-71 Lead]#1923)
(Spike = @spike41_steel#0281)

2018 Track Record:

Spring season 2018: (wins:78, losses:54) I lost count but es about right
Off season 2018: (wins:93, losses:36)

Clan Wars 5 (wins:not enough, losses:too many)

If you are looking for a tournament clan, take SR-71 into consideration! You'll be damned sure to have a good time!

Spoiler

See you on the battlefield!
-CT

Edited by CollectedTooth5, 14 November 2018 - 05:25 AM.

FitzhughGoode #2 Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 95649 battles
  • [FUXII]

Cool story

<o

camheinz21 #3 Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:56 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14086 battles
  • [SR-72]

CT why did you stay up this late to create this?

MannyQuin #4 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 25741 battles

*sigh*

when CT doesn't know what he is doing, smh

tanker070 #5 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 48651 battles
  • [SRT-A]

Best recruitment thread I have seen in a long while.

those 1 liners were great! (Don’t mind me stealing ideas)

would love to produce some content with you guys

ahredstealth said: "while money can't buy happiness, it can rent it."

AmmorackedIS3 #6 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6897 battles
  • [SR-72]

Love the never actually been ammoracksd in the IS-3. Maybe i should have gone with IS-5

CollectedTooth5 #7 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14326 battles
  • [SR-72]

View Posttanker070, on 03 September 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Best recruitment thread I have seen in a long while.

those 1 liners were great! (Don’t mind me stealing ideas)

would love to produce some content with you guys

You have my discord, you know where to find me. :hiding:

MAJIME #8 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9575 battles
  • [SRT]
This is great, love the players in SR-71!!

SPΛRTΛ

Zuke76 #9 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:58 PM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 15864 battles
  • [SR-71]

What wr is "good"

I have 58% 30 day wr would that qualify?

Just a question ;)

Edited by Zuke76, 03 September 2018 - 05:58 PM.

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

AmmorackedIS3 #10 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6897 battles
  • [SR-72]

View PostMAJIME, on 03 September 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Awwww thanks

CollectedTooth5 #11 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14326 battles
  • [SR-72]

View PostZuke76, on 03 September 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

What wr is "good"

Just a question ;)

I'd say we'd be more than willing to bring you into the SR-71 family.

Edited by CollectedTooth5, 03 September 2018 - 06:22 PM.

spike41_steel #12 Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27366 battles
  • [SR-71]

View PostMAJIME, on 03 September 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Thanks for the kind words, we love having you with us on Discord Majime!  

View PostZuke76, on 03 September 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

What wr is "good"

Just a question ;)

Please do check us out and apply if interested.  

Something else to keep in mind for anyone who may be interested is that we also have feeder clans which are a good place to hone your skills and get used to how we do things in SR-71 family.  Please do not be discouraged by WR stats, we look at other aspects of a player as well.  If you have a passion for the game, conduct yourself honorably and are willing to put the time in, we're willing to work with you.  Please do check us out and thanks for your consideration!

Edited by spike41_steel, 03 September 2018 - 09:06 PM.

Flexsphincter1 #13 Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17201 battles
  • [DONE]

5 tournys in july and 2 in august  gl

Edited by Flexsphincter1, 03 September 2018 - 07:52 PM.

VelociTanker #14 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13695 battles
  • [CLEAR]
Didn't read the whole thing. I always fall asleep in his class but Tooth is a good guy with a fun laugh.

As seen getting lucky on Littlefinger101 Youtube channel

Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills 

Subscriber Replay on Mines T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov
5.5 aka "The Great Nerfening" © VelociTanker LLC

jaydenbuff #15 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Players
  • 12919 battles
  • [SR-71]
WDYM, clan troller just because im good at making everyone turn on eachother has NOTHING to do with it XD, also you do not do everything CT most u did was organize what i originally ordered. but good try

Zuke76 #16 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:35 PM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 15864 battles
  • [SR-71]

View Postspike41_steel, on 03 September 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

Thanks for the kind words, we love having you with us on Discord Majime!  

Please do check us out and apply if interested.  

Something else to keep in mind is we also have feeder clans which are a good place to hone your skills and get used to how we do things in SR-71 family.  If you have a passion for the game, conduct yourself honorably and are willing to put the time in, we're willing to work with you.  Please do check us out and thanks for your consideration!

Will do :)

I like doing tournaments, and you clan sounds pretty unique, so I may land into your hands :D

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

MistahWig_HeDead #17 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38115 battles
  • [MOM]

MOMS, one of M.O.M's tournament active divisions, uses either M.O.M's private TeamSpeak server and/or, more recently, our Discord server for voice comms. To my knowledge we've never in our seven-plus year history had the need to use anyone else's VoIP resources. The SR-71 Blackbirds are familiar to me - they've been mowing our lawn for a couple years - but we don't use their stuff.

Kidding, of course. I'm completely unfamiliar with the SR-71 Blackbirds. Just wanted to un-drop our name. Wishing you all the best with your new clan. 

WigipediA

AmmorackedIS3 #18 Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6897 battles
  • [SR-72]

View PostMistahWig_HeDead, on 03 September 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

MOMS, one of M.O.M's tournament active divisions, uses either M.O.M's private TeamSpeak server and/or, more recently, our Discord server for voice comms. To my knowledge we've never in our seven-plus year history had the need to use anyone else's VoIP resources. The SR-71 Blackbirds are familiar to me - they've been mowing our lawn for a couple years - but we don't use their stuff.

Kidding, of course. I'm completely unfamiliar with the SR-71 Blackbirds. Just wanted to un-drop our name. Wishing you all the best with your new clan. 

'New'

Budslots #19 Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21185 battles
  • [SR-71]

View PostMAJIME, on 03 September 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Thanks Majime!

I_Maverick_I #20 Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:16 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 18854 battles
  • [_V_]
Pretty funny to see all these SR-71 guys with 1 post on the forums :D but I like the support you guys have for each other. My experience with y'all have been calm and cool. o7 guys, good luck with recruitment.

(Credits to SparticusDiablo for the signature)
Get to know me on Discord: Maverick [_V_]#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users