LTTB gun choice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: LTTB gun preference (8 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which gun do you use?

1. Stock 85 mm ZiS S-53 - I don't know why but someone might. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Middle 85 mm DST-85BM - Give me gun depression! (5 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Top 85 mm D-10-85 - The more DPM and penetration the better! (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Hide poll

Jonny_applesauce #1 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7923 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Just got the LTTB and was comparing the middle gun with the top gun on Tankcompare

I noticed that although  the top gun has slightly better dpm and penetration, it has a worse aim time and only 5 degrees of gun depression

The middle gun has the same penetration as the Rudy, which I know I can make work. The difference in the reload is only 0.2 seconds longer, and you get a better aim time and 8 (!) degrees of gun depression. The mobility is also a tiny bit better.

Anything I'm missing? Seems to me like 8 degrees of gun depression + better aim time > a slight penetration + a slight dpm boost

Which gun do you guys run on this tank? Which gun would you recommend?

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

Holy_Outlaw #2 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27261 battles
  • [501DV]
I tried both, but ended up using the middle gun the most. Although I'm used to lack of gun depression from the Russian meds, the mid gun just feels more comfortable for me. I bounced some shots with the top gun, it's gun handling felt a bit uncomfortable for me. With a speedster like this, I want to be able to shoot accurately on the move. The mid guns better aim time and gun depression felt better for me. The aim time and gun depression helped me peek a boom and be elusive to hit over hills or ridges.  Usually I would go with the pen and dpm, but the top gun in this case didn't feel as good for me anyway. 

OKA_BOCTOKA #3 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14340 battles
  • [5TH-D]

View PostAlpha998, on 06 September 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

I tried both, but ended up using the middle gun the most. Although I'm used to lack of gun depression from the Russian meds, the mid gun just feels more comfortable for me. I bounced some shots with the top gun, it's gun handling felt a bit uncomfortable for me. With a speedster like this, I want to be able to shoot accurately on the move. The mid guns better aim time and gun depression felt better for me. The aim time and gun depression helped me peek a boom and be elusive to hit over hills or ridges.  Usually I would go with the pen and dpm, but the top gun in this case didn't feel as good for me anyway. 

I second this

В бой!

Jonny_applesauce #4 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7923 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostAlpha998, on 06 September 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

View PostLord_of_Balrogs, on 06 September 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

I second this

Thanks - I'm pretty sure I'll use the middle gun - I'm used to 8 degrees from my Rudy and this should play similarly just little faster with less dpm and turret armor

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

boppinbobby #5 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47492 battles
  • [HJG2]
they nerffed the top gun a while back and even before, people who knew, still ran the middle gun. 

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

Lucasketch75 #6 Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2672 battles
I like to sting bad when i do. I take the top tier for the sole fact that in the right spot, anything goes. I'm more of a mobile player, so I get immediately uncomfortable sitting in one place too long, with my team or not. Depression doesn't quite matter to me, especially when speeding through a group of five, and harassing them like one huge mosquito. Dipset, reset, repeat.

Plus that 200 is really satisfying to see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users