• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

i_bought_my_stats #1 Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1578 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Hello friends!

I recently picked up these two tanks (see title). I plan on Free XP'ing both tanks- just the modules, so I don't have to deal with the painful stock grinds of both- so my wallet will definitely be missing a few bills here and there. With that in mind, I plan on staying in Tier 6 a fair bit, so I'll definitely be logging in a high amount of games in both these tanks, which means that I'll definitely want to nail the playstyle of both down ASAP. So anyways:

1. What playstyles should I adopt?

2. Any tips you lovely humans would be willing to share in regards to the ins and outs of these two? 

3. Finally, and I know this is a bit of a silly one- With the amount of Gold I'll be purchasing (I'm buying the 4200 Gold bundle, and plan on using the week's worth of premium that comes along with it to speed-grind the crew on these tanks), I'll still have some lefover change, so to speak. Is it worth spending said leftover Gold on the camo scheme for these tanks? I'm currently on the fence in regards to spending Gold on camo (I generally put my foot down on spending for camo, but the schemes for both tanks look absolutely amazing), so your responses will be invaluable in helping me decide.

Thanks in advance,

i_bought_my_stats

Edited by i_bought_my_stats, 09 September 2018 - 12:24 AM.

Tier I- #3 ranked Medium I driver | Tier II- #63 ranked Cruiser Mk. III driver | Tier III- #12 ranked T-46 driver | Tier V- #26 ranked KV- 1 driver | Tier VI- #8 ranked KV1S driver, #627 ranked KV-2 driver Tier VII- #15 ranked M6A2E1 driver  Tier VII- #25 ranked T-34-85 Rudy driver Tier VII- #23 ranked Type 62 driver | Tier X- #80 ranked 121B driver

Stats: https://www.blitzsta...bought_my_stats

I_Maverick_I #2 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:29 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 23585 battles

If you want a special camo for your tanks, just get Shattered Ice. It costs credits and doesn't require resupply. 

KV-1: Typical heavy, but disastrous if you miss your shot. You're essentially out of the game for 17 seconds as you reload the 122mm, or you can choose to run the 85mm. The 85mm has an extra 400 dpm, but 55mm of less pen on your standard rounds. Personally I run the 122mm, but you have to accept that practically everything has better DPM than you, and that you can not afford to be putting in shots every 20 seconds or so, or you won't be able to do enough damage. I mean, you can only feasibly do 1200 damage in one minute with that gun, which is barely enough to clear a Tier 6 heavy or a Tier 7. Anyways, preserve your hit points because regardless of which gun you have, your mobility and alpha is still enough to make a larger impact than most others end-game, where DPM is not as big a issue.

KV-2: You only play this tank for the memes. Run the 152mm and load your HE. Try to take a tank destroyer approach while in this vehicle. 

“He Who Greets With Fire”
Get to know me on Discord: _Ntwadumela#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

Linux_Rommel #3 Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:42 AM

Professor of Theoretical Quantum Memology

• Players
  • 24933 battles
  • [DEF_6]

KV2 and KV 1s are very similar because they both have high alphas but low dpm. Due to their high alphas, it is crucial for the player to stay alive as long as possible because during late games you can pretty much 1 shot anyone. Also, carry some AP rounds in the kv2, they can be very useful because HE can sometimes mess up shots by not penetrating walls or hitting tracks.  

Go for the high alpha guns- Stalin will guide your shells. 

Sacrifice a crew member to the gulag everytime you enter a battle for better RNG. 

Subtlepro #4 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44216 battles
  • [GRMPS]

The kvis is a versatile tier 6 heavy tank.

It can play the heavy role or the medium role.

Either way you will need cover near, or team support so you don't get rushed after firing the 122mm 400 alpha/gun. The smaller gun is playable, but somewhat more frustrateing, because it has the same aim time of the big gun. But very serviceable. Try both.

I personally like the big gun.

It has good armor, but not great.   So don't rely on it, unless your top tier. If hull down it can bounce some, side tracks decently. And in a brawl you can angle and the tracks will eat a lot of shots. But may take some practice.  Aiming the 122mm is also an art. You can wait to fully aim and it will hit most shots, but you still need to aim for weak spots. Hitting cupolas is not it's strength. And sometimes it will just plain miss. and leave you without a shot for 17.3 seconds fully kitted.  It does have good gun depression, so working the hill on mines is a great spot. And shooting med going up the mine entrance. Use its speed to get there quick.  The HE 500 alpha is good, but unreliable. when you are the only heavy versus a opponent team of heavys, and you don't think you can hold the heavy line. Until a med or light flanks,  just go with the meds. It's quick enough.

The kvis is a peek a boom tank. Origanally designed to play against tier 8 heavy tanks.   If you use cover and are a little sneaky. And grab heavy choke points, and stay alive. You can still do well.  It doesn't do well, when your team dies in the first 2 min. Due to its long reload.

It's great at picking off low hit point tanks, and don't get in head on shooting matches with kv2,s. It usually doesn't end well. Just relocate.   Hope that helps, enjoy.

grunk69 #5 Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14735 battles
  • [NUTHS]
excellent advice - getting my head around these two as well - the killer is the reload times for the big guns..... 

_R_E_R_O_L_L_E_R_ #6 Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1184 battles
  • [GORT]

You did the right thing in avoiding the stock grinds (both were extremely painful).  

For both tanks, it’s so important to pen and for that, proper ammo selection is crucial.  

KVS1 - Against arl44 and similar armored tanks, depending on their angling, apcr is the way to go.   Good shots with proper aim using ap will bounce too often unfortunately, so avoid the bounces.    With experience you’ll get a feel for which one to load.  

Basically with the KVS1 you just try going around looking for weaker enemy matchups first and hit them with big alpha.  Then you let teammates finish them off while you reload on your way to the next target.   It’s also quick enough to that you can evade enemies and reload.  

Hull down and protect hatch from good players.

It’s effective against tier 7 as well. 

Edited by _R_E_R_O_L_L_E_R_, 18 November 2018 - 03:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users