• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

i_bought_my_stats #1 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1478 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Hey forumers!

I have a shiny looking $25 iTunes gift card sitting in front of me as of the time that I'm typing this out. I bought it originally to Free XP the modules for the KV1S and the KV2, but after meticulous research of the forums, I learned that the Churchill III- besides being your standard Tier V Premium Tank- had an extremely high XP coefficient. Since the modules for the KV1s and the KV2 aren't too overly expensive, perhaps buying this tank will allow me to easily shore up Free XP.

Anyways, my point is- is the Churchill III worth it? If yes, which gun should I use? The rapid fire one, or the slightly hard hitting 76mm? How does the tank compare against the glorious Soviet overlord of Tier 5- the KV1? Any tips? (I've never driven any Churchill tanks, but I know the basics in terms of angling and sidescraping, as well as going hull down, but I'm a little worried, because the Churchill I has a flat turret, allowing for easy pens, and I'm wondering if this carries over to it's Soviet brother- so I suppose the question I'm asking is- does it present a strong armor profile against Tier 5/6's?)

Thanks,

i_bought_my_stats

Tier I- #3 ranked Medium I driver | Tier II- #63 ranked Cruiser Mk. III driver | Tier III- #12 ranked T-46 driver | Tier V- #26 ranked KV- 1 driver | Tier VI- #8 ranked KV1S driver, #627 ranked KV-2 driver Tier VII- #15 ranked M6A2E1 driver  Tier VII- #25 ranked T-34-85 Rudy driver Tier VII- #23 ranked Type 62 driver | Tier X- #80 ranked 121B driver

Stats: https://www.blitzsta...bought_my_stats

fangs58 #2 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37142 battles
  • [WHC]

Yes. You should have the choice of running a 76mm gun. They added it several updates ago. Great tank. Very solid. Just angle it so that you are hiding the drivers view port on the left side of the tank. It is the tanks weakest point. Don't get hit there. And in return you want to shoot other Churchill's right through it. My approach with it was to keep the gun pointed over the left track and keep the right side angled away from the enemy. I's a good solid choice. 

Edited by fangs58, 11 September 2018 - 03:28 AM.

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

player_989998999899 #3 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11851 battles
  • [LMFA0]
It gets a exp bonus also, the only tank that does.

fangs58 #4 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37142 battles
  • [WHC]

Yes good tank to use when they give you those free experience booster certificates. Forgot about the experience booster part. Maybe I need to repurchase that or maybe WG will throw one in a crate and stop giving me the T-25

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

ZebraUp #5 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:50 AM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 22308 battles
  • [_UF_]
Slow, but solid.. and is great for those events that go by grinding exp.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Bronyman50 #6 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:56 AM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26509 battles
  • [TISM]
The 6 pdr is OP, hits for little less then half the damage of the 85mm of the KV1, but 3 times the reload, similar pen, and better aim time and accuracy.

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

acrisis #7 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]
No longer the tank it once was, it was fine to great years ago, now struggles with all the faster tanks and fully equipped kv1 arl etc. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

LiNGo0 #8 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11641 battles

The Churchill III is really slow, and I mean PAINFULLY slow. If you choose the wrong way to go on a map, you may end up not getting any damage because it's that slow.

I used to run it with the 6 pounder because that was what I was used to before they introduced the 76mm. I recently switched over to the 76mm, and my playstyle has changed slightly to more of a peek-a-boom instead of a "point and shoot" style. It's worth noting that the 76mm has less penetration than the 6 pounder, which makes the 6 pounder a little easier to work with when facing off with KV-1's (not to mention the 6 pounder scares the crap out of KV-1's).

Your fear of having a flat turret is completely correct. Because the tank is slow, you will get penned all the time in the turret. That's the most frustrating part of this tank. It doesn't matter if you're  a master sidescraper or you try to abuse hills. YOU WILL GET PENNED.

The only redeeming quality of this tank is the rest of the tank's armor. Also, as mentioned, the exp is crazy good. Of all the tanks in my garage, the Churchill III gives me the most exp. Credit earning is typical for tier 5 premiums. Honestly, I much prefer the T-25, Pz.V/IV for overall effectiveness, or the T-14 if you prefer a heavy tank playstyle.

War_Vet_1 #9 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 15982 battles
  • [4ROG]
Yes. Buy it.

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users