• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ITC_Tanker #1 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2148 battles
  • [ITC_]
Dear Wargaming Devs, 

Please remove Mines from high tier battles. It sucks. You can't rush the hill to secure it because enemies rushing it and enemy snipers. Also you can't not rush it because the enemy will then have it and be able to reign fire down upon you. It's a lose lose scenario. The map is terrible for high tier battles. Another one that should go back to being low tier only is Copperfield. That map isn't very good either despite the changes made to it. I think we need more maps like the Faust map. Dynamic with proper elevations and other things. Many of the other maps are just slight alterations of the same thing. And then there is Himmelsdorf which is too flat. It's good for Russian tanks and maybe a few Germans but it sucks for a lot of tanks. Well at least high tier ones. I'd say add more maps like Faust or more forested ones. Change things up more instead of having slightly changed repeats. Also make Copperfield and Mines low tier only for sure and maybe Himmelsdorf low tier only too. 

CK_GoldenNuggets #2 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26376 battles
  • [501DV]
Copperfield is limited to tier 7 and below.
That is already considered a low tiered map.

I agree that Mines should also be a low tiered only map.
I also agree Faust was a huge success.
WG should strive to make all their maps as good as Faust from now on.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Posit1ve_ #3 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:47 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 44268 battles
  • [LIES]

C'mon mate, seriously?

Himmelsdorf and Mines are literally my 2 favorite maps in the game, since they're a very refreshing change of pace from the traditional 2 lane maps that WG makes. 

For Mines, hill isn't the only position, there are spots on the Island you can use to create crossfires, some people play through the town, and the spawns also provide good sniper positions. If you know how to relocate properly, it can be a very dynamic map. 

As for Himmelsdorf, it is kinda flat, but no other map in the game provides the experience Himmelsdorf provides. Himmelsdorf gives an urban combat setting, but it also features lots of hull down cover, open sniping lanes, and lots of little alleys and sneaky ways to out-flank, and out-rotate the enemy. In pub matches, Himmelsdorf is a truly unique map, and offers things to do for pretty much every tank class, and I daresay, possibly the map that rewards skilled play the most.

We can agree that Faust is a solid map though

301 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

I_Maverick_I #4 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:22 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 18519 battles
  • [_V_]

Mines isn't clearly a "loss-loss" scenario, as 99% of the time, one team wins. 

You know, sometimes you have to accept that some games are unwinable. That'll be a small percentage of all games, because there will also be games where your team is stacked to win. 

As with all maps, don't bleed HP unnecessarily by getting greedy with a shot. Where your team decides to position, position appropriately so that you can use your teammates to your advantage (if nothing else, as meatshells).

Techincal Difficulties

Judgementbringer #5 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34257 battles
  • [_PNW_]
Nothing wrong with any of the maps, each map has its own strategy, you just need to learn how to play them, and how to react to some of the stupidity displayed by some of the novice players playing beyond their knowlegde and capabilities.  Most importantly is to stop playing as if you’re in a single shooter game and participate more as a team member, targeting same targets, consolidating fire and helping your team mates when they’re in need.  Yoloing doesn’t help either, so don’t.  And stop trying to cap the damn base.  You give away your position and set yourself up to be killed early on while taking fire power away from your team where its needed.

ITC_Tanker #6 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2148 battles
  • [ITC_]
Well Copperfield should be even lower than tier 7. Tier V max. As for Mines it should be tiers I-IV only. Tiers V and up aren't built for that map. They don't mesh well. Himmelsdorf in my experience is terrible for American and other hull down tanks. It seems only suited for Russian tanks and that's it. Hate that map. But what I really don't care for is being part of a "team" anymore. Teammates can't be trusted so this game should be converted to Free For All as the main battle type. If you want teams then you should be able to pick your teammates and get pitted against a team of similar skill level. This Random Battles crap doesn't work in practice. It just pisses people off and makes the game not fun for anyone.

Warfaming #7 Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:24 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8578 battles
  • [ONWRD]

I would love if Wargaming would add more WWI-WWII style maps, I know we already do but very Specific locations during the wars where tanks engagements were a big part of the battle such as a map in the Ardennes, Verdun, and Kursk. Other maps like Faust and Castilla were really fun and balanced maps. Maybe even highly forested maps because those would look cool, only problem is there would be less room for cover and it would look weird af with all the trees knocked down, also where would the cap circle be? Maybe more of a WG map to figure out. I disagree with anyone who says a map sucks because each map has it's favorable type of tank and tactics, you must learn them first. Maybe the map is used in higher tier battles where it shouldn't but that does not mean the map is trash. I enjoy all of them and diverse map selection is what keeps the game new and fresh.

Spoiler (my orgasm) 

Edited by Warfaming, 13 September 2018 - 02:33 AM.

Das 40% ers are big no no

Warfaming (na) | BlitzStars.com Tee Hee ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°  )

FussyRude #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:52 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3032 battles
  • [PJGE]
We need a muddy map, the heavies sunk in this and lights cant go +20km/h.
#LoveLuchs

Shellingstar #9 Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1084 battles

View PostFussyRude, on 14 September 2018 - 04:52 AM, said:

We need a muddy map, the heavies sunk in this and lights cant go +20km/h.

You can make heavies sink on any map. Just use the sketchiest WiFi you can think of and viola! Sinking tanks! (Also some tanks may take flight)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users