T-44-100

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: T-44-100 buff (10 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

What would you buff/ would you buff

1. Buff gun depression to 7 degrees, add a few more horsepower to the engine (7 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. Leave gun depression at five degrees but buff horsepower all the way to the level of the T-44 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Leave the gun depression and horespower, give it the turret armor of a Mod. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Leave it as it is, totally outclassed by the tech tree T-44, Mod. 1, and Type 59 - it was an event tank after all (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Hide poll

Jonny_applesauce #1 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10470 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Bought this tank on my alternate account because I needed a tier 8 premium, wanted it to be a medium, and this thing was on sale. I like it pretty well, but I don't see why it is so much slower than the tech tree T-44 and has less gun depression. I could see one or the other being traded off for the side skirts, because the side skirts are actually rather useful I find, but losing both makes this tank pretty outclassed by the other tier 8 Russian style mediums. I'm not saying it's bad, it still has decent mobility, armor, and firepower, but there is no reason to play the 44-100 over the Mod. 1 or Type 59. The Mod.1 and Type 59 have worse guns, but get much better armor and the Type 59 is quite a bit quicker, with the Mod. 1 not that far behind - we all know what the Mod. 1's armor is like though. The Type 59 also has better pen and 7 degrees of gun depression. The tech tree T-44 has a much better power-to-weight ratio, making it better at accelerating and climbing hills. It also has 7 degrees of gun depression over the 44-100's 5. Again, I am not trying to say that this tank is bad and can never do well as it is right now, but I think it is the worst of these four similar tier 8 mediums.

I propose either giving it 7 degrees of gun depression like the T-44 with a very slight engine buff, or leaving the Gun depression and buffing the engine to the same horsepower as the T-44. The other thing you could do would be to leave its horsepower and gun depression, and just give it turret armor like the Mod. 1's to compensate the lack of gun depression.

What are your thoughts on this tank?

Edited by Jonny_applesauce, 11 September 2018 - 07:50 PM.

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

fangs58 #2 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37182 battles
  • [WHC]

All three Russian mediums at this tier are great IMHO. However I voted for the gun depression because if WG wants to give me more gun depression on this tank I will take. Other than that I would say leave it be. It is better to get used to only having 5 degrees in tier 8 because when you get to the  T-54/T62a that is the gun depression that you are going to play with.

The gun depression is really the only thing that sticks out. Other than that you have 50 fewer hit points in the minus column, but a better no mod traverse in the plus column.

I only have 36 battles so far but even an above average player like myself can  a 52.86 % win rate in the tank. That tells me the tank is probably fine.

I would say don't fix what is not broken.

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

Bellatormonk #3 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:25 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 27492 battles
  • [MASHU]
I would say leave it as is.  I play it like a light just like we all play lots of POS WG tanks a class below that they should since they are premiums.  Pay to play should never be the tank that carries the match.  Sadly it is so very often.

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

Jonny_applesauce #4 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10470 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postfangs58, on 11 September 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

The gun depression is really the only thing that sticks out. 

It is very noticeably slower than the T-44 - the T-44's engine has 748 hp and the 44-100 only has 572 and they weigh the exact same - if that doesn't stick out nothing does

Jonny Applesauce

Jonny_applesauce #5 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10470 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostBellatormonk, on 11 September 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

I play it like a light

I'm curious - how do you play a tank with an effective horsepower/weight of 17.3 like a light? I play mine like a bully when I'm top tier and a support medium when bottom tier - maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Jonny Applesauce

Shadow__Lugia #6 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:47 PM

Let the salt flow

• Players
  • 55402 battles
  • [501DV]
IMO, this is the perfect premium tank and what a premium tank should be. A premium tank shouldn’t be equal to or better than its same tier non-premium counterpart. If that happens, it becomes pay to win, which it already is like that right now, we don’t need it anymore that what we’ve already got

Jonny_applesauce #7 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10470 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostShadow__Lugia, on 11 September 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

IMO, this is the perfect premium tank and what a premium tank should be. A premium tank shouldn’t be equal to or better than its same tier non-premium counterpart. If that happens, it becomes pay to win, which it already is like that right now, we don’t need it anymore that what we’ve already got

Fair enough, the only problem is that the other two premiums I mentioned here are arguably P2W, the Type 59 and the Mod. 1. And I am not proposing making the 44-100 better than the T-44, just slightly closer to being P2W. I understand trading one or the other of gun depression or mobility, just not both.

Jonny Applesauce

fangs58 #8 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37182 battles
  • [WHC]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 11 September 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

It is very noticeably slower than the T-44 - the T-44's engine has 748 hp and the 44-100 only has 572 and they weigh the exact same - if that doesn't stick out nothing does

They both have the same top speed of 51 KPH and 20 KPH in reverse. What you are feeling is the slower engine response and loss of hill climbing.  power.  It does take a little longer to get up to speed but for a lot of people that is not a bad thing. Anything that prevents folks from yolo fail is ok in my book. You can always run engine boost if you feel like you really need to get there a few seconds faster..

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

Jonny_applesauce #9 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10470 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postfangs58, on 11 September 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

They both have the same top speed of 51 KPH and 20 KPH in reverse. What you are feeling is the slower engine response and loss of hill climbing.  power.  It does take a little longer to get up to speed but for a lot of people that is not a bad thing. Anything that prevents folks from yolo fail is ok in my book. You can always run engine boost if you feel like you really need to get there a few seconds faster..

For a guy who can win 64% of his games poor acceleration is definitely a bad thing - I do run engine boost but brawling/ climbing are still noticeably worse than the T-44 - not impossible, just not as good 

Jonny Applesauce

fangs58 #10 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37182 battles
  • [WHC]
Good for you Mr 64 %. It always comes down to stats. I assume that you researched the tank in advance and knew that it had less power to begin with. In which case you bought it being fully aware of what you consider short comings. Now you want WG to fix what is not broken so that you can do what get to 64.01%. Have a good life. 

Ericmopar #11 Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles

All tanks should have at least 8° depression. That's why armor is a joke in this game. If you only have 5° of gun depression, then you have to almost always pop completely over a ridge to shoot, and or stay on the bottom of things, where your thin upper armor is exposed to tanks with good depression angles.

It's why the T-14 is actually better than a KV-1. It can get height when the circumstances allow and shoot into the top armor of many heavies, using it's gun depression, and has a better rate of fire to track the reds etc. 

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

_Doomy #12 Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22938 battles
  • [-MM]
T-44-100 has 2 strengths: Good accuracy and alpha.
Everything else about it is completely mediocre

Jonny_applesauce #13 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10470 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postfangs58, on 11 September 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Good for you Mr 64 %. It always comes down to stats. I assume that you researched the tank in advance and knew that it had less power to begin with. In which case you bought it being fully aware of what you consider short comings. Now you want WG to fix what is not broken so that you can do what get to 64.01%. Have a good life. 

why the F so sensitive bro? I'm trying to say that I have no danger of commiting yolo fail - any decent player can tell you that around 175 horsepower is a GIANT deal - why do you think we bother to upgrade tanks? why not just save the XP instead of researching an engine with more horsepower? If you would actually think about what I'm saying instead of just having a heart attack because somebody brings up a 64% wr - nobody is stat shaming you or anything, just trying to get the rather bloody obvious point that 175 hp is a really big deal without just saying it..... jeez chill out snowflake

Jonny Applesauce

Bellatormonk #14 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 27492 battles
  • [MASHU]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 11 September 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

I'm curious - how do you play a tank with an effective horsepower/weight of 17.3 like a light? I play mine like a bully when I'm top tier and a support medium when bottom tier - maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I mean played like a light in terms of taking hits and being weaksauce in armor, not speed.  It's a slow "light" to me and I use to snipe mostly and perma track primary targets.  If there are at least 2 other mediums I can assist in taking other mediums and lights then I will join a furball while not being the primary target since I can't recall my T44-100 ever bouncing a hit...

I mean I am only at 45%WR in 62 battles at an avg 1500 DPB and a 35% survival rate.  So I am not carrying the team by any means and rely on the rest of the team to live, which they don't since I cant stay alive enough either.  Frankly when I am spotted people actually rush to engage me head on despite the flow of battle or fire is focused on me.  I can only guess that because they know this tank is a wet paper bag. 

Not knowing your alt I can't compare stats to say who is doing wrong or right.  Obviously I am not doing right other to farm damage it seems. Additionally I could claim the recent wave of 40%er teams has crushed my ability to do much with this thing in a match, but I won't since we all suffer the same tidal wave of buffoonery right?

-Edit:

Prime example of last two battles.  My T44-100 and an ST-1 were able to snipe a T30 and Is3 from max range for a bit before the reds charged our position with a CDC and T54-Mod forcing a furball.  The CDC tore me up in RoF and they both focused on me as well.  Our STA-1 and I focused their CDC and he died as I died and the Mod finished off our STA-1.  Not one single shot on me bounced despite wiggle and waggle and I was outgunned in RoF and speed by the CDC, armor by the Mod.  I managed 1900 dmg, died and we lost match.

2nd battle 3k dmg to reds, I was the last tank against Borsig, AT15 and T54lwt.  Killed the Borsig, T54 and still had a full str AT15 which I did not have enough health or armor to try and get behind in time before he snapped off 4 shots to my 1 and slow [edited] attempts to get behind or on side.

However, as I voted the T44-100 does not need any changes given what it is.  The problem lies in these other power creeped tanks like the CDC.  The Mod is fine.

Edited by Bellatormonk, 12 September 2018 - 08:49 PM.

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users