T49 now that I've improved...

T49

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Should T49 get a standard HE round? (11 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should T49 get a standard HE round?

1. yes (9 votes [81.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. no (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. ur retarded (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

Tackywheat1 #1 Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:48 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11796 battles
Should the T49 get a standard HE shell with 960 alpha maybe? the nerfed alpha of the premium HE round along with its insanely high costs kinda put me off of HE spam although it has forced me to play smarter and exploit opportunities to flank and take shots at tanks rear armor.... maybe have only 40-50 HE pen on standard HE....

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead

slayer_____ #2 Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:58 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 40305 battles
  • [ATA2D]
The nerf killed this tank. I’ll admit, it needed something but not what they did to it. 

j0nn0 #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:10 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19502 battles
  • [XREGS]

Basically the only way to play the derp gun is with HE. I tossed credits out the window since day one of picking it up and have suffered well over 5 mil credits in expenditure from my stockpile. 5 mil across 500-ish games without credit boosters or premium time isnt too bad IMO.

Is it fun? Yes, but situational. It's a crap shoot and a gamble these days. Best to aim for thinner skinned targets and pop shots for the hell of it so long as you deal damage and see no better immediate target opportunity.

Is it worth the cost? That's up to you. I'm mostly intermittently joyriding and tank grinding in my spare time so I'd say it is worth the cost to me.

P.s. sometimes i feel they nerfed the tank past mediocrity since it has neither a reliable shell, nor threat value past its singular DPS potential. If you let one get to a weak spot of yours, it's kinda your fault. Still needs A) proper HE damage potential. B) more reliable ammo. C) lower HE costs. D) A cheaper HE shell that isnt a crippling expensive shell that provides few upsides other than lower than average derp damage for its caliber. Or E) a mix of the prior.

Edited by j0nn0, 13 September 2018 - 04:14 AM.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

EclipsePlaysX #4 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11599 battles
needs regualr he round and heat like every other derp it has in this game

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube....wJDCvgMo3qFc5EA

Eclipse

I really like light tanks. The scouting, the pick ups, its amazing

Tackywheat1 #5 Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11796 battles

View Postj0nn0, on 12 September 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Basically the only way to play the derp gun is with HE. I tossed credits out the window since day one of picking it up and have suffered well over 5 mil credits in expenditure from my stockpile. 5 mil across 500-ish games without credit boosters or premium time isnt too bad IMO.

Is it fun? Yes, but situational. It's a crap shoot and a gamble these days. Best to aim for thinner skinned targets and pop shots for the hell of it so long as you deal damage and see no better immediate target opportunity.

Is it worth the cost? That's up to you. I'm mostly intermittently joyriding and tank grinding in my spare time so I'd say it is worth the cost to me.

P.s. sometimes i feel they nerfed the tank past mediocrity since it has neither a reliable shell, nor threat value past its singular DPS potential. If you let one get to a weak spot of yours, it's kinda your fault. Still needs A) proper HE damage potential. B) more reliable ammo. C) lower HE costs. D) A cheaper HE shell that isnt a crippling expensive shell that provides few upsides other than lower than average derp damage for its caliber. Or E) a mix of the prior.

Yes... for nearly 5k credits it gets a nerfed  alpha HE shell

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

__Crusader6__ #6 Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59773 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostTackywheat1, on 13 September 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Yes... for nearly 5k credits it gets a nerfed  alpha HE shell

and mobility with light tank camo. 

T49 is still very playable.   One just need to play smart. 

Tank Hoarder: 384 tanks in Garage:  376/386 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Tackywheat1 #7 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:44 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11796 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 13 September 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

and mobility with light tank camo. 

T49 is still very playable.   One just need to play smart. 

yes I'm doing OK in it... I just wish it had a standard HE round so I don't have to spam premium HE......

__Crusader6__ #8 Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:33 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59773 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostTackywheat1, on 13 September 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

yes I'm doing OK in it... I just wish it had a standard HE round so I don't have to spam premium HE......

Cost of the party...

It would be broken OP if it had standard HE (as far as pen and damage go).    I suspect the other reason WG chose this is it makes the T49 rather pricey if your not putting up consistent 2k+ games.   

I permanently enriched mine - so I spam HE like a boss ;) 

* Based on it stats I didn’t expect the nerf - but it was explained to me that it wasn’t the WR or the Dmg that the issue but the rapid way Unicums where decimating enemy teams - and WG caves to the pressure from the unwashed masses who didn’t understand how to fight it. 

Tank Hoarder: 384 tanks in Garage:  376/386 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Also tagged with T49

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users