5.Disappointed

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

someguyfromPitt #1 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:30 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 43817 battles
  • [III-C]

So I looked through the files at new tanks as well as on Blitz Hangar and I don’t see much new content of an interest.  This micro patch has less than appealing content for long time takers.   The new premium slack uniqueness wow the update had some minor fixes but still did not add any new features. 

Moving the containers to a different tab, fixing the in game chat while improving online player notifier’s, and the minor improvements to the French premium tank is simply not enough to keep me interested. 

Hopefully before too long into October we see another update with real content. 

Is anybody else disappointed with this update 5.3? 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

flexsphincter3 #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:36 AM

Private

• Players
  • 193 battles
  • [750H]

yea I have to reset my volume and mouse sensitivity every time I log on. it defaults to 100%. and I turn volume off and mouse to 40%

THE_Viajero #3 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:38 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22099 battles
  • [F8TAL]
You are right that's why WG was considering calling this update 5.2.5 and not 5.3, no idea why they did not keep whit that name considering how small this update was 

Viajero means Traveler 

Now I'm triying to get my WR in the Chieftain Mk. 6 up to 60%

ps: I'm a not native English speaker, so, sorry for any mistakes (or maybe the autocorrector trolled me XD) :honoring:

__Boomer2__ #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15341 battles
  • [501RV]

I fail to see a good reason why they moved the containers.  It was perfectly fine as it was, now its more confusing.

I can't even find the update on the Windows store (may or may not have something to do with have 0 internet for 3 days).

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

^YouTube Channel^

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

minitel_NA #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 451 battles
  • [EUREF]

Someone needs to remind me how many new lines we had ever since Christmas. 

Wasn’t it 2 lines of Chinese boring tanks ?

9 months is a long time in blitz time. 

Then in this update, I think that the main thing that was added were bugs.

admittedly there weren’t any in last update, which once you start liking the game, is unacceptable.

so at least they fixed the absence of bugs.

and while considering all that, next release might bring the tech tree Armageddon and that would be removing tanks instead of adding any. 

What a weird world we live in.

Edited by minitel_NA, 14 September 2018 - 01:05 AM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

originalmadkilla #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15503 battles
  • [OMK]

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 September 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

and while considering all that, next release might bring the tech tree Armageddon and that would be removing tanks instead of adding any. 

What a weird world we live in.

That's what many people here were applauding, so they're obviously gonna be busy removing tanks instead of adding new ones.:playing:

My message to those people is you reap what you sow.:justwait:

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9761 battles
  • [COD]
I'm a bit miffed because I had this really nice replay I sent to Bushka. Because of this tiny little patch bringing more problems than solutions, it's gone forever. :*(

Edited by _UrgleMcPurfle_, 14 September 2018 - 01:24 AM.

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

Warfaming #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8184 battles
  • [RU_ST]
Update 5.3 wasn't really an update update, more of a patch to fix up some problems within the game. Yeah I must admit moving the containers to the store was a dumb idea. I hate people that whine about adding new tech tree lines because do you even know how long it takes to research and create models of tanks? Just to make one line you need 10 tanks and for those tanks to be balanced and interesting? That takes a hella long time. I respect WG for even making the game and to have it so good compared to other games of it's type. You salty fcks try making and maintaining a game. 

Das 40% ers are big no no

Warfaming (na) | BlitzStars.com Tee Hee

boris55555 #9 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:41 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 17111 battles
  • [MINC]

View PostWarfaming, on 13 September 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Update 5.3 wasn't really an update update, more of a patch to fix up some problems within the game. Yeah I must admit moving the containers to the store was a dumb idea. I hate people that whine about adding new tech tree lines because do you even know how long it takes to research and create models of tanks? Just to make one line you need 10 tanks and for those tanks to be balanced and interesting? That takes a hella long time. I respect WG for even making the game and to have it so good compared to other games of it's type. You salty fcks try making and maintaining a game. 

They have inventory from wot. Mostly just need to adjust to blitz 

the slow March towards the end. I wonder if Apple will give me my money since I have mistakenly bought pixel product from incompetent bigots?

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #10 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9761 battles
  • [COD]

View PostWarfaming, on 13 September 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

If the reason why you think WG is a good game development company is because they can make and maintain a game better than their playerbase, you should probably play some more games to get a feel for the genre...

That's like saying the Orioles right now are a good baseball team because they can beat their neighborhood little league team. 

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

nino223 #11 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:25 AM

The Raven

• Players
  • 23737 battles
  • [ADG]
I’m actually impressed we have as many tanks available, seeing that it’s a mobile game. New lines and tanks are always fun but as it stands I tend to play less than1/4 of my tanks. I have been going back to tanks I haven’t played in a good while and finding the joy in playing these early tanks.

Rio_Grande #12 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11374 battles
  • [AFT]

Apparently people never read the description given in the in-game newsletter for 5.3.

They said with the rushed release and low content, the next update with actual content will be released sooner. 

(Yes i know i paraphrased, but still, something to the tune of that.)

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

theFANTASTICfox #13 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:20 AM

DRINK!

• Players
  • 20515 battles
  • [DD-R]

The VK 72 line must be challenging to implement for Wargaming, in terms of balance. In my opinion, it should not be that difficult and time-consuming. The new premium Chinese TD looks very interesting, and very fun. If it isn't sold for more than $50, I will buy it quickly.

But yes, I am disappointed with 5.3. However, I will give Ribble a hand for letting me know how the VK 72 and his friends are doing.

Hopefully, the Halloween event will be spooky good, or scary bad. It would be cool to see something like a Tankenstein ausf B at like tier 10: E-100 hull, T57 Heavy turret but up-armored signnificantly, dual Dark-Matter "Phantonium" engines, an option to mount an auto-loading 130mm IS-7 gun with terrible aim and accuracy or a Grille 15 style gun, wires all over the tank, sheet metal haphazardly placed around the vehicle body and turret, rusted armor, cracked wheels, worn armor plates, pipes and valves on the hull, exhaust fumes that go from a dark purple to a ghastly neon green, giant bolts holding the armor together, two giant cupolas, skeleton and jack-o-lantern prints on the armor, and the cherry on top, Tankenstein Ausf B inscribed on each side of the turret, with a bunch of "HA HA HA HA HA" sprawled on the side skirts.

That is my vision of a halloween tank.

Edited by theFANTASTICfox, 14 September 2018 - 03:30 AM.

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

someguyfromPitt #14 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:04 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 43817 battles
  • [III-C]

But when will 5.4 be released?

To me this might as well be called 5.Go play PUBG. 

Action on to move quickly to 5.4 is required to keep financial support to my former communist developers. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

BrickSniper33A #15 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 57 battles
Honestly, with the knowledge that this year's Halloween tank is going to be yet another fantasy weeb-tank, but this time a really screwed up Sherman weeb-tank, and the fact that there's no new season of Stranger Things coming out this year, I don't have much to look forward to. 

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

Chariot_Solace #16 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 29081 battles
  • [_STR8]
It’s only small because they canceled the huge amount changes to low tiers that would have been horrible for the game. You should be glad not disappointed.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1 

RoadKutter #17 Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 30132 battles
  • [III-H]
Having to agree to the Eula every damm time I try to log into the game is very productive!

Retired due to a Noob storm, shutters are up and the hamster has been put down!

PA60Pilot #18 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31069 battles
  • [TITAN]

View PostRoadKutter, on 14 September 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

Having to agree to the Eula every damm time I try to log into the game is very productive!

Worse than that is having to go into settings and re-enable replays every time I log in.  Who thought that was a good idea?

"Now they're gonna come for us" - Anonymous Spawn Camping M6 - after rest of team destroyed

cheasesteak #19 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18373 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 14 September 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

It’s only small because they canceled the huge amount changes to low tiers that would have been horrible for the game. You should be glad not disappointed.

​Exactly.  I credit WG with actually paying attention for a change and not going forward with the idiotic low tier revamp.  On balance, I am fine with 5.3.  Tweaks are OK.  I still have enough lines that I am currently grinding (7), that I have no need for any new ones.  I'm done buying premiums at the current outlandish prices, so I D G A F about adding any of those either.  Minor changes and fixes are all I really needed for 5.3

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

cheasesteak #20 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18373 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostPA60Pilot, on 14 September 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Worse than that is having to go into settings and re-enable replays every time I log in.  Who thought that was a good idea?

​I always delete and do a clean install with every update. It has drastically reduced any issues I have had with updates.  I'm not having any problems with this one.  The only thing you need to remember if you do the delete and reinstall is that it will by default turn your replays off.  You just need to remember to turn them back on the first time you log in.  It also does revert a couple of other settings to default, so you need to check.  I play with grass off in sniper mode, and it defaults back to on. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users