This is how you improve Blitz - Iverson (FLOOP)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Godzillacus #1 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32585 battles
  • [SADGX]

LordManaz #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32698 battles
  • [HVC]

Good video mate.

I get some platoon requests from newcomers, because yes, I'm a team player and I'm never afraid to take a shot for a teammate with low HP, the problem here is ... I'm bankrupt, I spend a lot credits in 2 brand new tier 10 and 1 tier 9, so I really need to win to make some credits.

Make Wot great again.

Maybe the worst noob in NA

Godzillacus #3 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32585 battles
  • [SADGX]

View PostLordManaz, on 14 September 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Good video mate.

I get some platoon requests from newcomers, because yes, I'm a team player and I'm never afraid to take a shot for a teammate with low HP, the problem here is ... I'm bankrupt, I spend a lot credits in 2 brand new tier 10 and 1 tier 9, so I really need to win to make some credits.

Make Wot great again.

Know what you mean, when I use a premium time cert I am in make it rain mode $$$$$$. But do it when you can! Only way I know to make improvements. Redoing the tech tree, IDK. Better training tutorial, maybe. Short vids imbeded in game, yeah. But nothing beats game experience with players who have been there and done that:)

Godzillacus #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32585 battles
  • [SADGX]

Comments from Iverson (from youtube). Intersting how he gives choices:

"But onto helping people, yeah it's actually a lot more fun than you'd think. For one it gives me an excuse to club. But also, it actually makes me think out the battles a bit more than I usually do, and helps the both of us Another thing I've started doing is giving him options and letting him decide what we do. Then he actually has to think about the smart play rather than just doing what I say "

-Iverson

LordManaz #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32698 battles
  • [HVC]

View PostGodzillacus, on 14 September 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Know what you mean, when I use a premium time cert I am in make it rain mode $$$$$$. But do it when you can! Only way I know to make improvements. Redoing the tech tree, IDK. Better training tutorial, maybe. Short vids imbeded in game, yeah. But nothing beats game experience with players who have been there and done that:)

I pay for a year premium but for some reason in tier 9 I lose more credits than tier 10. And Im having a lot of fun in tier 9.

In the few games I try to teach them some basic tricks, one of my favorite is, driving always a little bit angled, you can bounce shots even in med tanks... there are things that are learned only with experience.

Btw. I find your posts pretty helpful.

Maybe the worst noob in NA

tanker070 #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 46875 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View PostGodzillacus, on 14 September 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Comments from Iverson (from youtube). Intersting how he gives choices:

"But onto helping people, yeah it's actually a lot more fun than you'd think. For one it gives me an excuse to club. But also, it actually makes me think out the battles a bit more than I usually do, and helps the both of us Another thing I've started doing is giving him options and letting him decide what we do. Then he actually has to think about the smart play rather than just doing what I say "

-Iverson

thats great method to involve new player actively

ahredstealth said: "while money can't buy happiness, it can rent it."

Rou_Garou #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21024 battles
  • [69T]

True Dat G-Man.  We need help from WG tho. 

WOT console website is amazing with maps and loads of information compared to Blitz website.  I think WG listens more than we think and really hope they put more information other than a link to wiki where you have to dig when you may not know what you are digging for.  Is there a guide in pdf that has majority of information available that one can study offline?  I searched some and did not find one.  This would be big help to newcomers.

I am so inconsistent that I am a detriment when I platoon, so I try to give constructive comments when a battle is lost instead of blaming and shaming.

Godzillacus #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32585 battles
  • [SADGX]

View PostRou_Garou, on 14 September 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Is there a guide in pdf that has majority of information available that one can study offline?  I searched some and did not find one.  This would be big help to newcomers.

I am so inconsistent that I am a detriment when I platoon, so I try to give constructive comments when a battle is lost instead of blaming and shaming.

No guide in game that is worthwhile. Lots of stuff online/youtube but you have to be motivated to search. Bushka had a neat idea about linking in game to yutube vids on tanks and subjects. I liked that one, WG could do better in this regard.

The losses are as important as the wins when learning. If there is someone to point out the problems like you mentioned!

lverson #9 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

Private

• Players
  • 11815 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View Posttanker070, on 14 September 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

thats great method to involve new player actively

Yeah, then whoever you're teaching (my cousin in this case) actually enjoys playing, rather than feeling like it's a pain to learn how to play. I also have him reflect on what he (or even I) could have done better in the previous battle :)

tanker070 #10 Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 46875 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View Postlverson, on 15 September 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Yeah, then whoever you're teaching (my cousin in this case) actually enjoys playing, rather than feeling like it's a pain to learn how to play. I also have him reflect on what he (or even I) could have done better in the previous battle :)

I now realize how I made it tough to have fun when I was advising on gameplay.

Giving control over of decision making will definitely help those trying to figure my ways

ahredstealth said: "while money can't buy happiness, it can rent it."

Godzillacus #11 Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32585 battles
  • [SADGX]

View Postlverson, on 15 September 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Should change your name to Sensitanker........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users