Black Prince tier 7 fear not

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

reluctanttheist #61 Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:25 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 27419 battles
  • [III-H]

DPM is one thing - but DPM is pointless if you're already dead.  

The ability of tanks to bounce incoming fire is a thing.  WG will buff tanks with low survivability in other areas - perhaps this is a tacit statement from WG that the BP isn't that bouncy.  LIke the Churchill tanks the BP makes you wonder if Jolly Old simply had no idea that you can curve metal :sceptic:

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

mpastor2000 #62 Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]

I am quoting you, you simpleton from one week ago.  

FU_Manchu_  Posted 13 September 2018: 02:37PM

I really want to get the E 50 and E 50 M, so I'm grinding that line and am currently sucking pretty bad at the Panther II. Here are my stats in it:

But dont take my word for it.  Read it all here,

(  http://forum.wotblit...ii-help-please/ )

Lots of people, including myself, gave you good advice on this tank.  I would hope that you start to play well in it.  You need to stop posting when you have a winning streak and pretending that somehow this represents your ability in a tank.  We can all look at your stats.  You need at least a hundred games to even start the conversation, but even that probably is not enough since as I pointed out before, MM's period is at least that large.

You have a 47% win rate in the Panther in your post... lol.  It is definitely a skill tank to play.   But why would you brag or call attention to your 47%.    In comparison, I played that tank at 56%, and I grinded it from scratch without paying money like you did.  And this was at least a year ago or so when I was a far worse player.   You dont even play as well as I did back then.  Your overall is maybe 50%.   I play better than you in all skill based tanks.  I play the Tiger P better than you.  You are a good player, and you may be on your way to becoming really good.  But right now the reality of the situation is that I play better than you across the board.  Now your ego may not allow your mind to accept this... but the facts dont lie.  

Edited by mpastor2000, 20 September 2018 - 09:00 PM.

Fu_Manchu_ #63 Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11595 battles
  • [CLEAR]

mpastor2000 career in the Panther II:

Fu_Manchu_ career in the Panther II:

I recognize that the sample size is small and therefore I will not stupidly focus on winrate. Instead I will look at individual stats that are less dependent on quality of teammates and opponents.

Damage per battle: advantage Fu

Damage ratio: advantage Fu

KPB: advantage Fu

KDR: advantage Fu

Spots: advantage Fu

WN8: advantage Fu

You're right - the facts don't lie. If I am garbage in this tank, then you are worse than garbage in it.

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 20 September 2018 - 09:14 PM.

AKA HanYolo_.

Fu_Manchu_ #64 Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11595 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmpastor2000, on 20 September 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

I play the Tiger P better than you.  ... but the facts dont lie.  

mpastor2000:

HanYolo_ Tiger (P):

You're right the facts don't lie. By the way -  in 4 battles, I will be #2 all time in the Tiger (P) in NA by WN8. Since you're better than me in it, you must be #1 then, right?

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 20 September 2018 - 09:21 PM.

AKA HanYolo_.

MarBearCat #65 Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:14 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22495 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostCA_vampire, on 17 September 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

What is the easiest way to kill a BP?  

Put me in it. :(

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

_Crusader6_ #66 Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66907 battles
  • [DEF]

So I was surprised how bad the BP still is. 

No I didn’t play it, I played a bunch of 7 this week and only ran across one that gave me brief troubles. 

I stand by my original assertion when the buff was announced that it needed an armor/mobility buff not DPM.  

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

mpastor2000 #67 Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 20 September 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

mpastor2000 career in the Panther II:

Fu_Manchu_ career in the Panther II:

I recognize that the sample size is small and therefore I will not stupidly focus on winrate. Instead I will look at individual stats that are less dependent on quality of teammates and opponents.

Damage per battle: advantage Fu

Damage ratio: advantage Fu

KPB: advantage Fu

KDR: advantage Fu

Spots: advantage Fu

WN8: advantage Fu

You're right - the facts don't lie. If I am garbage in this tank, then you are worse than garbage in it.

The differences are not that large.  But regardless, none of that matters if your win rate is 6% less than mine (that is a substantial difference).  You can pad (and I am guessing with how concerned you are with your performance that you do pad)  all of those stats.  You cant pad win rate.  Perhaps that is why its the only stat that you showed that you dont have high.

mpastor2000 #68 Posted 22 September 2018 - 08:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 20 September 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

mpastor2000:

HanYolo_ Tiger (P):

You're right the facts don't lie. By the way -  in 4 battles, I will be #2 all time in the Tiger (P) in NA by WN8. Since you're better than me in it, you must be #1 then, right?

Hehe.  So you think comparing a re-roll account to my original is a correct and fair comparison.  If we compare your original account  FU_Manchu_ (that you keep active btw with tons of current games in your Tiger P) we see the true comparison.  JUst look above at images.   I outperform in the long run on an original account by a bit.

Edit:  You have overtaken me in the tiger P now by 3/100ths of a point.   Now you can claim you are better than me in it... lol.   Perhaps I should start playing it again.

Fu_Manchu_ #69 Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11595 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmpastor2000, on 22 September 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

Hehe.  So you think comparing a re-roll account to my original is a correct and fair comparison.  If we compare your original account  FU_Manchu_ (that you keep active btw with tons of current games in your Tiger P) we see the true comparison.  JUst look above at images.   I outperform in the long run on an original account by a bit.

Edit:  You have overtaken me in the tiger P now by 3/100ths of a point.   Now you can claim you are better than me in it... lol.   Perhaps I should start playing it again.

What does reroll have to do with how you and I both perform in the tank over the last 3 months? You do understand that being a reroll does not actually affect my skill at all right? You can't seriously be that dumb....can you?

For 30-day, I am #1 (100 battles) and #19 (51 battles). You are #209 (36 battles). For 60-day, I am #2 (100 battles) and #39 (77 battles). You are #189 (220 battles). For 90-day, I am #1 (100 battles) and #81 (101 battles). You are #309 (344 battles).

It's laughable that you chose to rely on career stats that have more than half the battles when I was a nub with 3k total battles, but completely ignore recent stats. I'll give you this, you are a better Tiger (P) driver than I was 8 months ago when I had played 3000 battles. But you're living in a dreamland if you think you are a better Tiger (P) driver than me now.

AKA HanYolo_.

Fu_Manchu_ #70 Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11595 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmpastor2000, on 22 September 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

The differences are not that large.  But regardless, none of that matters if your win rate is 6% less than mine (that is a substantial difference).  You can pad (and I am guessing with how concerned you are with your performance that you do pad)  all of those stats.  You cant pad win rate.  Perhaps that is why its the only stat that you showed that you dont have high.

Remember, I didn't bring the Panther II into this discussion. You did, when you claimed that I am trash in it. You really are stupid if you don't understand that win-rate is not reflective of individual performance over a small sample size. I'll help you out and let you know that 64 battles is a small sample size.

You constantly grasp at straws like assuming I pad and assuming I rely on platoon mates. But the undeniable fact is that I outperform you in every individual stat (damage, kills and spotting) in the Panther II. All of the data suggest that I just had worse team luck over a small sample size of 64 games.

But, I'm willing to walk that back if you can answer one thing for me: How exactly does a person simultaneously pad damage, kills and spots?

Last note: since you claim that only win rate matters and that you can't pad it, then now is the time for you to admit that I'm a better Black Prince driver than you (I don't actually think that's the case, but your argument is that only win rate matters).

AKA HanYolo_.

BorisBaddenov #71 Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26424 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postmpastor2000, on 22 September 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 24 September 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

Remember, I didn't bring the Panther II into this discussion. You did, when you claimed that I am trash in it. You really are stupid if you don't understand that win-rate is not reflective of individual performance over a small sample size. I'll help you out and let you know that 64 battles is a small sample size.

You constantly grasp at straws like assuming I pad and assuming I rely on platoon mates. But the undeniable fact is that I outperform you in every individual stat (damage, kills and spotting) in the Panther II. All of the data suggest that I just had worse team luck over a small sample size of 64 games.

But, I'm willing to walk that back if you can answer one thing for me: How exactly does a person simultaneously pad damage, kills and spots?

Last note: since you claim that only win rate matters and that you can't pad it, then now is the time for you to admit that I'm a better Black Prince driver than you (I don't actually think that's the case, but your argument is that only win rate matters).

Have you two decided whose e-peen is bigger?

Honestly - you both sound like 5th graders talking about whose handwriting is nicer looking.

You both are being stupid and stubborn - just let it go.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Fu_Manchu_ #72 Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11595 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 24 September 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

Have you two decided whose e-peen is bigger?

Honestly - you both sound like 5th graders talking about whose handwriting is nicer looking.

You both are being stupid and stubborn - just let it go.

Peace-

Boris

Sorry Boris, you may have to check out of this thread if you don't want to see me stomp my feet like a 5 year old. If he wants to have a discussion about who is the better overall tanker, then I will gladly accept that we are on nearly the same level and even admit that he is probably a little better.

But when he decided to say that I'm trash and uses a random and ridiculous (given my 20 battles in the tank) AMX CDC argument and a ridiculous Panther II argument, I won't hold back from pointing out how stupid he is being. Especially when he makes moronic statements about padding stats. He really jumps the shark though claiming to be a better Tiger (P) driver than me, and I take joy in picking apart his completely unsubstantiated arguments.

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 24 September 2018 - 02:52 PM.

AKA HanYolo_.

BorisBaddenov #73 Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26424 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 24 September 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

Sorry Boris, you may have to check out of this thread if you don't want to see me stomp my feet like a 5 year old. If he wants to have a discussion about who is the better overall tanker, then I will gladly accept that we are on nearly the same level and even admit that he is probably a little better.

But when he decided to say that I'm trash and uses a random and ridiculous (given my 20 battles in the tank) AMX CDC argument and a ridiculous Panther II argument, I won't point out how stupid he is being. Especially when he makes moronic statements about padding stats. He really jumps the shark though claiming to be a better Tiger (P) driver than me, and I take joy in picking apart his completely unsubstantiated arguments.

Me staying away from you while you act like a five year old - does not stop you from behaving like a five year old.

I can tell that the size if your e-peen has gotten really quite important to you.    I think I've heard you say that on weekends you platoon with your daughter(s).   Please be sure to emphasize to them the importance of the e-peen, and show them this type of thread, so that they can learn good from your example.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

reluctanttheist #74 Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 27419 battles
  • [III-H]
I don't know if you could give the BP a mobility buff, Cru.  It's supposed to be slow.  Its traverse was buffed a while back, and we'll have to wait another patch or two to see how the BP is faring on Blitzstars.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

mpastor2000 #75 Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]

Fu.  Let's just drop the discussion.  I dont see it going anywhere positive.  I think you look stats wise as a good player playing the game correctly (imo).  I am sure there are things you do better than me and vise versa.  We are very close in performance in a lot of vehicles and it's kinda silly to bicker about tens or hundreds of a point difference as though this shows ones superiority over another.

Peace. 

mpastor2000 #76 Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 24 September 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

I don't know if you could give the BP a mobility buff, Cru.  It's supposed to be slow.  Its traverse was buffed a while back, and we'll have to wait another patch or two to see how the BP is faring on Blitzstars.

What makes the BP extremely tough in opinion is it's ridiculously high traverse and turret rotation.  Mediums and lights cannot compete with this.  Other vehicles in tier dont have this advantage (I take that back, the new chinese TD does too).  I can rotate and fire continuously at a circling light tank.  This to me seems like broken balance.  Sure, I could get tracked, but I can also track the light tank.  If he tracks me, I lose a second and my rotation briefly stops.  If I track him... he comes to a full stop.  He will die in my cross-hairs before he accelerates to full speed.

Edited by mpastor2000, 24 September 2018 - 03:18 PM.

Fu_Manchu_ #77 Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11595 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmpastor2000, on 24 September 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Fu.  Let's just drop the discussion.  I dont see it going anywhere positive.  I think you look stats wise as a good player playing the game correctly (imo).  I am sure there are things you do better than me and vise versa.  We are very close in performance in a lot of vehicles and it's kinda silly to bicker about tens or hundreds of a point difference as though this shows ones superiority over another.

Peace. 

Fair enough. I will drop it and as I said, I will even admit that you are a slightly better player than me overall.

Peace.

AKA HanYolo_.

Untrust______ #78 Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 90140 battles
  • [FILTH]
LOL the full on E-schlong contest.

"I'll wear the tin if it gets me wins"

CA_vampire #79 Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:40 AM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 29416 battles
  • [MOMB]

mpastor2000 wins with an unexpected left cross!

:medal:

Well done!

Edited by CA_vampire, 25 September 2018 - 06:41 AM.

No Mercy / No Malice

_Crusader6_ #80 Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:45 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66907 battles
  • [DEF]

View Postmpastor2000, on 24 September 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

What makes the BP extremely tough in opinion is it's ridiculously high traverse and turret rotation.  Mediums and lights cannot compete with this.  Other vehicles in tier dont have this advantage (I take that back, the new chinese TD does too).  I can rotate and fire continuously at a circling light tank.  This to me seems like broken balance.  Sure, I could get tracked, but I can also track the light tank.  If he tracks me, I lose a second and my rotation briefly stops.  If I track him... he comes to a full stop.  He will die in my cross-hairs before he accelerates to full speed.

Paper sides.  

On fighting a BP in my Sp 1 C for instance, I’ll whittle him down before he sees me, track him and drive around him to ensure his turret isn’t aimed at me.   

The BP doesn’t get to the battle early - so any red fighting it will have had a chance to pick their engagement area.  

Yes the DPM is fearsome - but only 2 minutes into the game. 

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users