Really Trying but failing.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

tman485 #1 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:00 AM

Private

• Players
  • 18274 battles

Hello fellow tankers.  Man I tell ya, doing everything I can to improve my game play.  Talk about a tough road.  I watch videos, get great advice from some great people, re-watch my game play, etc.  But trying to apply that in a game somtimes seems like even your own team is against you.  Thats on top of me doing alot of "what the heck was i thinking moves".  So, to make a long story short. If you see me on your team, I am trying to help the team win.  Still have alot to learn.  To everyone, happy tanking and good luck.

_Lauren_ #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3892 battles
Everyone will get better with time.

Kiilu #3 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14577 battles
  • [RLWAR]
I have had a bad week. It gets better. Keep your head up.

BluesAllDay #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]

Top two in damage all games today except one.    14% wr. Freaking hilarious.

doi I stop? No, this is somewhat comical.

Meat_Locker #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30317 battles
  • [TITAN]

Trying but failing? Hot tip from an older fella:

Flowers first. THEN make your move. 

Flowers last just just seems like an apology. 

Absolute_Sniper #6 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28638 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Posttman485, on 12 October 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hello fellow tankers.  Man I tell ya, doing everything I can to improve my game play.  Talk about a tough road.  I watch videos, get great advice from some great people, re-watch my game play, etc.  But trying to apply that in a game somtimes seems like even your own team is against you.  Thats on top of me doing alot of "what the heck was i thinking moves".  So, to make a long story short. If you see me on your team, I am trying to help the team win.  Still have alot to learn.  To everyone, happy tanking and good luck.

Some of this may be attributed to teams but if you feel like your aren’t making progress, you are probably playing in tiers too high for your current skill level. There is nothing wrong with dropping down a tier or two and learning the meta until you can consistently win and then jumping back up. You will find you do much better at tier 8 when you consistently wreck people at tier 6.

wolfpack1941 #7 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13246 battles
I needed to hear this from you guys. I know I am not the best but keep trying. 17 games today we won 4. I was doing good in tiers 5 & 6. most games today were 5 & 6. Most in platoons. Past three days W R went from 50.25 to 50.07 heading for the 40's again. I know I am older and retired but can still play well. Top 4 in damage most of the time and first a lot in my KV1 but not now. I know I need help in a lot of places and I can't really blame it on anything else but all of a sudden the red team is winning all the time and steamrolling most of the time. I can see why some of the really good players have left. Glad you guys are still here. The real pros stick it out. I know its just a game but it is a game I would like to be good at. Thank you for letting me vent. Don't mind any help. Good tanking.  

AOT_Jaeger2 #8 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

Grand Emperor of Derpenburg

• Players
  • 15583 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View Postwolfpack1941, on 11 October 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

I needed to hear this from you guys. I know I am not the best but keep trying. 17 games today we won 4. I was doing good in tiers 5 & 6. most games today were 5 & 6. Most in platoons. Past three days W R went from 50.25 to 50.07 heading for the 40's again. I know I am older and retired but can still play well. Top 4 in damage most of the time and first a lot in my KV1 but not now. I know I need help in a lot of places and I can't really blame it on anything else but all of a sudden the red team is winning all the time and steamrolling most of the time. I can see why some of the really good players have left. Glad you guys are still here. The real pros stick it out. I know its just a game but it is a game I would like to be good at. Thank you for letting me vent. Don't mind any help. Good tanking.  

It’s understandable honestly. You can’t carry every team, and it seems as though the carriable teams are becoming fewer and far between these days. Doing 4000 damage at Tier 8 doesn’t cut it anymore, it would seem. The average player is quite truly that bad. Don’t blame yourself for every loss, that’s my nugget of advice. Even the best guys can’t win every game. Best thing to do on a loss is think about what you did right, and what you did wrong. And if what you did right outnumbers the things you did wrong, then you played a good game. And over time you can identify and squash the bad habits.

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

Quito1965 #9 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:14 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8761 battles
This game has become tougher in recent weeks and with the extra long waiting times I,like many others have dropped out after years of playing. The recent updates do nothing to keep me interested in this game so my daily average is slowly dropping from 7 battles a day.

_Duncan_Idaho_ #10 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34348 battles
  • [DUNE_]

WR is not everything. If you are really concerned about progressing, focus more on moments where you did something right. Also, go to blitzstars and look at your WN8 score. That is less attached to WR and more a reflection of your contribution level, though it is still not a perfect measure.

here are some pointers:

I find that if I stick with the same tank several battles in a row, I do better.

If I lose 3 battles in a row, I drop a tier. Or maybe I just change tanks.

When you die, observe the other players. Look for folks from the top clans (PRAMO, _V_, etc) and pay close attention to what they do and ask yourself why.

Above all KNOW YOUR TANK. Know it inside and out. Where are the modules, what is the best angle, how much can you expose, how to you bait a shot that you are likely to bounce. Secondly, but almost as important KNOW THE OTHER TANKS. Those on your team, those on the other team. You have to know what your team's tanks are capable of, where the team is likely to go relative to the makeup, and you need to know how best to face off against any of the red tanks. In service of that goal, maybe don't take one line all the way to 10. Instead work several lines up to tier 5 or 6 or even 8. That way you will have an intimate knowledge of the tanks you will face in those tiers. If you take only one line to 10 then you know only 1 tank per tier. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users