Jump to content


Help about Caernarvon

Caernarvon help tips

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

FussyRude #1 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:34 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3089 battles
  • 320
  • [PJGE]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2018

 I need tips and tricks for this tank; and nothing about the hull armor, I discovered by myself.

 All help is welcome.

 Happy tanking and prepare for Grave robber, raider, whatever.


#LoveLuchs

player_989998999899 #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:21 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10630 battles
  • 971
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

Don't  have a clue why there are 3 in a row


Edited by _Fat_Basturd_, 12 October 2018 - 01:22 AM.


FussyRude #3 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3089 battles
  • 320
  • [PJGE]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2018

View Post_Fat_Basturd_, on 11 October 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Don't  have a clue why there are 3 in a row

 

Why?  And thanks
#LoveLuchs

AOT_Jaeger2 #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:56 AM

    Grand Emperor of Derpenburg

  • Players
  • 15584 battles
  • 3,159
  • [ASLAN]
  • Member since:
    06-16-2015

As someone who is just finishing up his grind through the Caern, I’ve got some tricks and tips for ya.

 

1. While you technically have the hulk of the Tier IX Conqueror, dont use it. The lower glacis is awful, and will be penned by literally anything. If you can hide that and angle the upper hull, it’s actually alright against Tier 7-8s. However, go hulldown whenever you can, as the hull armor just isn’t reliable.

 

2. When hulldown, try to use your gun depression to keep your turret angled slightly back. The upper turret plate is weak as hell, just like the Centurion I. It doesn’t seem quite as vulnerable, and I don’t know the exact thickness, but any gun 120mm+ in caliber seems to punch right through it. The mantlet is excellent though, and the turret can take hits from Tier IX TDs surprisingly well.

 

3. NEVER sidescrape. Seriously, the side armor is atrocious.

 

4. You have the alpha disadvantage, but the DPM advantage. You can get 2-3 shots in for every one most other heavies can, if not more. Take advantage of this whenever possible, your DPM wins fights.

 

5. Permatracking in this thing is glorious, so if you see a tracked enemy, just keep shooting the drive wheels at the front or rear and watch as they melt away helplessly.

 

Let me know if you need any more help, or if you want to platoon! I’m just trying to grind out the last 70k xp or so to get the Conq.


Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?


FussyRude #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3089 battles
  • 320
  • [PJGE]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2018

View PostAOT_Jaeger2, on 11 October 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

As someone who is just finishing up his grind through the Caern, I’ve got some tricks and tips for ya.

 

1. While you technically have the hulk of the Tier IX Conqueror, dont use it. The lower glacis is awful, and will be penned by literally anything. If you can hide that and angle the upper hull, it’s actually alright against Tier 7-8s. However, go hulldown whenever you can, as the hull armor just isn’t reliable.

 

2. When hulldown, try to use your gun depression to keep your turret angled slightly back. The upper turret plate is weak as hell, just like the Centurion I. It doesn’t seem quite as vulnerable, and I don’t know the exact thickness, but any gun 120mm+ in caliber seems to punch right through it. The mantlet is excellent though, and the turret can take hits from Tier IX TDs surprisingly well.

 

3. NEVER sidescrape. Seriously, the side armor is atrocious.

 

4. You have the alpha disadvantage, but the DPM advantage. You can get 2-3 shots in for every one most other heavies can, if not more. Take advantage of this whenever possible, your DPM wins fights.

 

5. Permatracking in this thing is glorious, so if you see a tracked enemy, just keep shooting the drive wheels at the front or rear and watch as they melt away helplessly.

 

Let me know if you need any more help, or if you want to platoon! I’m just trying to grind out the last 70k xp or so to get the Conq.

 

ok, thanks bro.
#LoveLuchs

solace__ #6 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:40 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16240 battles
  • 207
  • [PNCR]
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Take advantage of enemies while they’re preoccupied with your teammates and just try to minimize incoming fire whenever possible. Never stay still when hulldown, the turret isn’t invulnerable.

Overall just be a support tank, I mean really be a support for your team. In the caernarvon I typically would be the tank to stop flanking enemies from digging into my team, or even be the one to help out the meds on a flank. I would seldom play it as a heavy and when I did I used it from behind other more heavily armored tanks. This tank is in my eyes is just a chubby centurion with a slightly better gun, and should be used as such.

FussyRude #7 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:25 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3089 battles
  • 320
  • [PJGE]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2018

View Postsolace__, on 11 October 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

Take advantage of enemies while they’re preoccupied with your teammates and just try to minimize incoming fire whenever possible. Never stay still when hulldown, the turret isn’t invulnerable.

Overall just be a support tank, I mean really be a support for your team. In the caernarvon I typically would be the tank to stop flanking enemies from digging into my team, or even be the one to help out the meds on a flank. I would seldom play it as a heavy and when I did I used it from behind other more heavily armored tanks. This tank is in my eyes is just a chubby centurion with a slightly better gun, and should be used as such.

 

Roger.
#LoveLuchs





Also tagged with Caernarvon, help, tips

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users