autobounce 5.4

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

reluctanttheist #21 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:24 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22885 battles
  • [III-H]
The autobounce angle isn't 20 degrees - that's the problem.  Sure, angle your tank at 10 degrees and you're likely to get the bounce, but why alter the behaviour of the original value?

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

reluctanttheist #22 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22885 battles
  • [III-H]
The problem seems to be if an incoming shell hits the tracks hitbox first (again, at angles of 20 degrees or less).  Even if there is sufficient tank armor behind the tracks to bounce the shell, the shot often penetrates if the effective armor value is exceeded.  This, to my understanding, is not how the mechanic has worked in the past.  If the shell hits at 20 degrees or less, and it's not more than 3x the armor thickness, it should always bounce whether it hits the track hitbox first or the tank's armor.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Alpha998 #23 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26001 battles
  • [501DV]
This is all very interesting. Last night I was in the IS-2 (1945), and was caught in a bad place at Dynasty pearl. Team split, half went town, half went hills. I was at hills, by the bunker/walls. I had a full health Helsing and Tiger facing me. Not a good situation. So I lined up on the wall, and started sidescraping. I'm sure I was at 15 to 20 degs angle when I scraped. And I bounced almost every shot from the Helsing and Tiger, and took them out. They were both avg to above avg players. I bounced 9 shots in all, took no dmg. They did knock my tracks off a couple times. Either tank was capable of penning me easy. But it was obvious the angle was correct, and auto bounce mechanics worked at least that time. I know one or two accounts like this are not sufficient to prove a trend, in the world of science this is considered " anecdotal evidence". But when I set up to sidescrape, I specifically thought of the work you guys have been doing with this possible problem. I know I have had situations where I thought I had the angles correct and still got penned, but I usually chalked it up to me not getting the angle "perfect". I will keep a close eye on my game mechanics and situation too, to see if I find any discrepancies. If there is a possibility something is wrong, or worse yet inconsistent this will be a very difficult problem to identify or map it's trend. 

Also tagged with autobounce, 5.4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users