Jump to content


Matter of Facts: The Scavenger


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

0V3RCL0CK3D_N00B #1 Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

    The IT guy

  • Players
  • 40821 battles
  • 1,776
  • [PURPL]
  • Member since:
    05-25-2012

I highly advise you don’t waste your time on the upgraded gun. 

 

Let’s see what we are talking about first.

 

Gun Scourge
Gun Shellthrower

Gun Scourge is the already unlocked an standard gun, and Gun Shellthrower is the unlockable  12.8k xp gun. So why do I say to use the “Stock” gun? 

 

Let’s compare 4 things. DPM, Alpha, Pen, and Gun Depression. 

•The Scourge has 47 less DPM

•20mm better standard pen

•25mm better premium pen

•13mm better HE pen. 

(The tank is running rammer not calibrated). 

•The scourge has 140 less alpha damage.

•The Scourge give the Scavenger +2° of Gun Depression (8°;)

 

So essentially you will be trading pen, gun handling, and gun depression on a tank that relies on the use of its turret and staying hull down, for an alpha boost and RoF nerf that gives you 47 more DPM. 

 

This is 100% just my opinion. I get it has novelty for its Alpha, but the tank is really good with the first gun.

 

 


LYE Discord: DUX2Pr4 | Void Discord: yNVEZSH | Blitz Discord sR2X6Hp  

 

Click Image for My YouTube Channel


johnnyzim #2 Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26621 battles
  • 311
  • [NORM]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
I’ve used both and agree with you. I’ve had more success with the “stock” gun. YMMV, though.
 

 


_Ntwadumela #3 Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:57 PM

    Ribble4Prez2020

  • Players
  • 21939 battles
  • 2,280
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
Facts: no one plays Tier 5 competitively. I couldn't care less if I would do better with the stock gun, imma mount that derp gun and run around like a madman.


(Credits to SparticusDiablo for the signature)
Get to know me on Discord: Maverick#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp
 


RoadKutter #4 Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

    Polish Demolish

  • Players
  • 34169 battles
  • 4,589
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014
It’s all about the joys of Derp!

                         

                    Ghosting reds since 2014

 

                

                                                                  


Rockracer #5 Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:31 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9491 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    12-20-2016
The 0,00075km gun is fun too, so there's that.

I played TDs before it was cool. It was also never cool to begin with.


Tackywheat1 #6 Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:30 AM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 11745 battles
  • 2,148
  • [PZWAR]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 20 October 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Facts: no one plays Tier 5 competitively. I couldn't care less if I would do better with the stock gun, imma mount that derp gun and run around like a madman.

 

View PostRoadKutter, on 20 October 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

It’s all about the joys of Derp!

 

^

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead


TO_Dominator #7 Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:43 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9154 battles
  • 2,671
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2017
Looks like a bad tank.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Tackywheat1 #8 Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:11 PM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 11745 battles
  • 2,148
  • [PZWAR]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostTO_Dominator, on 22 October 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

Looks like a bad tank.

 

quite decent tank... regular 1.5k-2k damage games with la derp...... the one thing I have about the durp.. is that it has lower HE pen... just why..

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead


BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 23176 battles
  • 7,631
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Post0V3RCL0CK3D_N00B, on 20 October 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

I highly advise you don’t waste your time on the upgraded gun. 

 

Let’s see what we are talking about first.

 

Gun Scourge
Gun Shellthrower

Gun Scourge is the already unlocked an standard gun, and Gun Shellthrower is the unlockable  12.8k xp gun. So why do I say to use the “Stock” gun? 

 

Let’s compare 4 things. DPM, Alpha, Pen, and Gun Depression. 

•The Scourge has 47 less DPM

•20mm better standard pen

•25mm better premium pen

•13mm better HE pen. 

(The tank is running rammer not calibrated). 

•The scourge has 140 less alpha damage.

•The Scourge give the Scavenger +2° of Gun Depression (8°;)

 

So essentially you will be trading pen, gun handling, and gun depression on a tank that relies on the use of its turret and staying hull down, for an alpha boost and RoF nerf that gives you 47 more DPM. 

 

This is 100% just my opinion. I get it has novelty for its Alpha, but the tank is really good with the first gun.

 

 

 

So... if I play with the stock gun - which you imply is the most fun -- won't I be automatically earning what I need to unlock the upper gun?

 

Then I get the upper gun to try it out - -and according to you, I just wasted all my time earning enough exp to unlock it.   I guess playing this tank at all is a waste of time then - using your logic that is.

 

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Tackywheat1 #10 Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:24 PM

    the one and only ELC

  • Players
  • 11745 battles
  • 2,148
  • [PZWAR]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013
I don't get why it has lower HE pen.... the derp can barely HE pen a toaster....

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead


fangs58 #11 Posted 29 October 2018 - 11:08 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35822 battles
  • 854
  • [WHC]
  • Member since:
    10-11-2016

View PostTackywheat1, on 29 October 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

I don't get why it has lower HE pen.... the derp can barely HE pen a toaster....

 

I think you will find this consistent with the new meta they are creating for lower tiers. There will be a penalty for lack of a better word for using HE. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

 

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

 

 


faustoodilon #12 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:35 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 6952 battles
  • 16
  • [XLX]
  • Member since:
    10-21-2018

In the begining I used only the first cannon because I wanted to earn as many credits as possible.

But, after learning to play better, and now, almost never losing a shot, I prefer to use only the second, because of the good damage.

Despite of sugestions , I dont use the expensive HE ammo. I have tried many times, but it does not take enogh advantage to justify the cost.

Depends of the playing style. Sniper style or Rush style.

 



MSGTGlitterGlue #13 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:41 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12826 battles
  • 242
  • [CHEF]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016
ive tried both, and i like the 94mm better, simply because big guns are my thing. Besides, the armor isnt really all that reliable anyway

I’m a 46.96 percenter

But I’m an IMPROVING 46.96 percenter

 

Don’t be a political dissident, because then I’ll have to sacrifice you.

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users