Unplayable Lag

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

servant111 #1 Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:24 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6230 battles

Played a lot of Blitz at beginning of year up until july...when I rested for a couple of months until about two weeks ago.   I find I am experiencing problems with lagg...150-250 ping which is utterly unplayable...

While it happens sometimes in regular play...I  find the Mad Games to be unplayable....lag about 70-80 percent of my matches is 125-250...which makes it a waste of time... sad...because I would have played it 14 hrs per day until I achieved all three tanks....

Don't know what happened...but I find the excesssive lag really hits when everybody starts doing the invisable speed spurt which creates terminal lag with normal to low end graphics computers like mine.  But since most of the non american countries have low end computers...WOT is probably missing market here if this kind of stuff continues into future special events,.

ConiBear330 #2 Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37077 battles
  • [T_ACE]

View Postservant111, on 26 October 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Played a lot of Blitz at beginning of year up until july...when I rested for a couple of months until about two weeks ago.   I find I am experiencing problems with lagg...150-250 ping which is utterly unplayable...

While it happens sometimes in regular play...I  find the Mad Games to be unplayable....lag about 70-80 percent of my matches is 125-250...which makes it a waste of time... sad...because I would have played it 14 hrs per day until I achieved all three tanks....

Don't know what happened...but I find the excesssive lag really hits when everybody starts doing the invisable speed spurt which creates terminal lag with normal to low end graphics computers like mine.  But since most of the non american countries have low end computers...WOT is probably missing market here if this kind of stuff continues into future special events,.

Check your ISP. I had the same problem when my ISP throttled my connection speed back without notice. I see you said your using a low end graphics card. I would check to make sure your graphics card meets the minimum game requirements because if it doesn't that also will cause lag problems

Edited by ConiBear330, 26 October 2018 - 10:38 PM.

Vorso #3 Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3403 battles

I remember getting a huge lag spike yesterday, i wasn't the only one. I saw my team mates going crazy at the same time as i was. I think it's server problems.

Edit: They also mentioned the lag spike.

Edited by Vorso, 26 October 2018 - 11:16 PM.

reluctanttheist #4 Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:15 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22979 battles
  • [III-H]

If the whole team is complaining there could be some packet drop in a major internet router preceding WG. 

OP can you post a pingplotter analysis in this thread?  See link in sig.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

servant111 #5 Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6230 battles

Same computer before and after.   3 months ago...no lag whatsoever...now...blitz is a laggy mess...and the Mad Special is 70 -80 percent lagout messes at 175-250.   Like I said...its rushed through buggy buggy code for the Mad event....which bleeds a bit to certain times of day game play on regular....   My guess is the primary difference in the Mad Games is the invisible and speed perk buttons....just too much going through their limited bandwidth...which translates to impossible ping and packet loss rates often between 20-30 percent.  This makes playing this event impossible....and is the very first time I have had any difficulty with blitz during the past year.

It also means that the unpredictable poor performance of the blitz engine precludes yours truly from playing this game during peak periods...as the laggy mess is just not worth it.

reluctanttheist #6 Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:45 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22979 battles
  • [III-H]

Except that the "poor performance of the game engine" is actually a custom-built-from-the-ground-up bit of code called DAVA that exceeds the performance of the Unity engine and a number of others.

Except that 5.4 has provided better performance for most players (including me) who did complain of latency and packet loss in 5.2 and 5.3

Without a Pingplotter test your rant won't help anyone, including yourself.  Here's my test from right now: and there's higher than normal latency, but it's not at WG.  It's at Comcast, a major internet provider in the US between most of us and WG's server.  There's also a bit of latency at Shaw Communications, my ISP.  WG can handle far more players than we currently on the server at peak times.

The reasons for your problem are myriad: you may have got a new graphics driver.  nVidia Geforce Experience put a new one on my laptop a few weeks ago and Blitz (and WoT) ran way worse.  Had to roll the graphics driver back to a previous version.

Edited by reluctanttheist, 28 October 2018 - 06:46 AM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

PanzertroopenVT #7 Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10925 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostConiBear330, on 26 October 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

Check your ISP. I had the same problem when my ISP throttled my connection speed back without notice. I see you said your using a low end graphics card. I would check to make sure your graphics card meets the minimum game requirements because if it doesn't that also will cause lag problems

fukers are forcing me to upgrade Lmaop!!!!!

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

PanzertroopenVT #8 Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10925 battles
  • [PRDE]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 28 October 2018 - 01:45 AM, said:

Except that the "poor performance of the game engine" is actually a custom-built-from-the-ground-up bit of code called DAVA that exceeds the performance of the Unity engine and a number of others.

Except that 5.4 has provided better performance for most players (including me) who did complain of latency and packet loss in 5.2 and 5.3

Without a Pingplotter test your rant won't help anyone, including yourself.  Here's my test from right now: and there's higher than normal latency, but it's not at WG.  It's at Comcast, a major internet provider in the US between most of us and WG's server.  There's also a bit of latency at Shaw Communications, my ISP.  WG can handle far more players than we currently on the server at peak times.

The reasons for your problem are myriad: you may have got a new graphics driver.  nVidia Geforce Experience put a new one on my laptop a few weeks ago and Blitz (and WoT) ran way worse.  Had to roll the graphics driver back to a previous version.

yeah it's fricken comcastic

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

ConiBear330 #9 Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37077 battles
  • [T_ACE]

View PostPanzertroopenVT, on 28 October 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

fukers are forcing me to upgrade Lmaop!!!!!

Funny how they sneak that in isn't it .... look at it this way when my ISP forced me to upgrade the game actually got better play (not battles) with the higher internet speeds

PanzertroopenVT #10 Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10925 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostConiBear330, on 29 October 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Funny how they sneak that in isn't it .... look at it this way when my ISP forced me to upgrade the game actually got better play (not battles) with the higher internet speeds

yeah using older iPad.......game used to SING on it.....now it's choppy as helllllllll

.......can't even type in game chat lol

reluctanttheist #11 Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:43 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22979 battles
  • [III-H]
You can still run Blitz on really old iPads and laptops - just need to turn down the graphics settings.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users